Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They made a major booboo finally showing the brand name of their bedding, people will now be able to search online.

And when you search online for 'Dreamscene' you'll find it's available in loads of discount retailers and of course for far less, for example those fleece mattress protectors start from only £4 in T J Hughes:mysmilie_13:

Discount Channel my eye!

Unfortunately, as we've said before, the likes of Gladys, Phyllis, Doris, etc, won't be savvy enough or equipped to go online to compare, and I genuinely think that Bid are now targeting the old dears more directly. Peters Sherlock and Simon seem particularly adept and shameless at this, especially Dirty Peter who was going on yesterday about how great the hideous lion throw would be for the grandchildren or "just for yourself when you're sitting at 'ome like me with the one bar on and a malted drink".

Unfortunately, as we've said before, the likes of Gladys, Phyllis, Doris, etc, won't be savvy enough or equipped to go online to compare, and I genuinely think that Bid are now targeting the old dears more directly. Peters Sherlock and Simon seem particularly adept and shameless at this, especially Dirty Peter who was going on yesterday about how great the hideous lion throw would be for the grandchildren or "just for yourself when you're sitting at 'ome like me with the one bar on and a malted drink".

They treat their loyal customers with sheer contempt.

Last night Dirty Peter was selling the clock below, he said it was Art Deco inspired from the 1920's period. Then he said 'of course going to the era of the William Morrison designs that are at the V&A'.

Well firstly the great man that this dickhead alluded to was William Morris not Morrison and secondly he died in 1896 so how on earth his works had anything remotely in common with Art Deco is beyond me, I think he meant Art Nouveau.

But they obviously think they can say anything they like because they think their audience are too dumb to know any different.

They're getting worse, they really are. Pathetic.

image.jpg

The tree is nothing compared to the train that's on its way...........allegedly

I didn't watch much of his tatt fest last night but boy he seemed desperate, even by his standards. He was all over the show.

He said the back of their/his house was flooded the other day. If there's anything topical affecting people you can bet your life it will be affecting him/them too.

Here's another fantastic Bid Bargain.

image.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00CD6I9UM/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I didn't watch much of his tatt fest last night but boy he seemed desperate, even by his standards. He was all over the show.

He said the back of their/his house was flooded the other day. If there's anything topical affecting people you can bet your life it will be affecting him/them too.

Here's another fantastic Bid Bargain.

View attachment 10087

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00CD6I9UM/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

He probably had a puddle

The female chef doesn't half take herself seriously when flogging ****/that same dicer they have sold since 1979 (it feels that long)

Forrest Gump was demonstrating those awful knives. Apparently Apples are hard to cut (not peel, cut).

Then he had a Passion Fruit, rather than cut it in half the knife squashed it. Then he moved on to something safer, mushrooms. He was very impressed that the knife simply sliced right through them.

Perhaps unsurprisingly he was left with around half his stock.

That fried egg looked stuck to me and left a brown mark on the pan. Not a good demo at all!

The female chef doesn't half take herself seriously when flogging ****/that same dicer they have sold since 1979 (it feels that long)

oh she absolutely does mr tom
I smiled to myself earlier when she said something like 'I'm not here to give recipes' (no kidding!) 'I'm here to show the quality of the products' (or something like that)
hmm, I'm not a chef but I don't think they'd be using a £2.99 knife set somehow!

oh she absolutely does mr tom
I smiled to myself earlier when she said something like 'I'm not here to give recipes' (no kidding!) 'I'm here to show the quality of the products' (or something like that)
hmm, I'm not a chef but I don't think they'd be using a £2.99 knife set somehow!

I think even andi peters gave recipes on his qvc show.. i know people generally are not a fan of his, but it was said that his qvc stint wasn't bad generally.

In some respects she can't win. If she wasn't serious i'm sure we would all critisise her for that too haha

Don't know what's going on in the "garden" set on today's Deal of the Day, but the sound quality is atrocious. I heard better on minor cable channels in the 90s!

Don't know what's going on in the "garden" set on today's Deal of the Day, but the sound quality is atrocious. I heard better on minor cable channels in the 90s!

Aye.

And Angela Noghani has let herself go. She definitely needs some Snail Serum.

image.jpg

Given the number of long pauses, glitches, dodgy sound, etc., I've seen/heard recently despite not watching these channels for very long does tend to suggest that they're running on skeleton staff due to further behind-the-scenes cutbacks. Or they've sacked all the experienced technicians and replaced them with work placements from the local college to save money. (Of course, students can be excellent but they may need a guiding hand to begin with.)

Given the number of long pauses, glitches, dodgy sound, etc., I've seen/heard recently despite not watching these channels for very long does tend to suggest that they're running on skeleton staff due to further behind-the-scenes cutbacks. Or they've sacked all the experienced technicians and replaced them with work placements from the local college to save money. (Of course, students can be excellent but they may need a guiding hand to begin with.)

The sound and general production standards appear particularly poor whenever they present from the old 'Bid Plus' studio. It was the same when my good friend Patty Kinkade was a guest.

And to my eye the picture quality seems worse too, it looks washed out. I wonder if they're using old equipment?

Dirty Pete said of the gardening expert "you have seen him on gardening programmes". I hadn't heard of him.

Last night he also said the gardening expert was "delicious" when introducing him lol, it was like he was reeling off a description of some horrible piece of jewellery he was going to be selling.

Last edited:
The gardener made me laugh last night. Dirty Peter was asking him about what fruit crop you can expect from the Apple Tree and it appeared he wasn't quite giving him the answers he wanted. He said, totally honestly, in the first year you can't expect much if anything but in subsequent years the yield will improve. Peter put a spin on it but it was clear he was vexed and tried to shout over him.

And interestingly Dirty Peter was kind of slagging off some of his existing fruit trees and plants. Hmmm!

Latest posts

Back