Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's the facebook account called?

Just search for Mike Mason Bid TV but it's strictly by invitation only, you have to pass her strict vetting procedure.

I got told what was said by someone who is a member but isn't quite as big a fan as some of the less discerning members.

It would seem there are some absolutely gigantic egos in play here, it's like she's his official spokesperson. And i'm afraid there are some massive fibs being told too, they repeatedly say we never say anything nice about Bid or any of the presenters and that is a bare faced untruth. It's a line that is used over and over, i'd imagine to whip up support for her little houseboy and deflect any criticism that may be headed his way.

I actually believe that she believes that he is completely blameless in all of this. That he really was the perfect, 100% honest, shopping host.

On Sally Jacks page...

sALLY SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT BID HAS FOLDED ,I WILL MISS YOU LOADS AS YOU ALWAYS CHEARED ME UP WHEN I WAS HAVING A BAD DAY,I KNOW YOU WILL GET ANOTHER JOB QUICKLY ,WHO WOULD"NT WANT TO EMPLOY YOU ?YOU HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL PERSONALITY ,WISHING YOU GOOD LUCK XX

Signed: Sally jacks.

I honestly don't know what Mike Mason, or indeed what channels, they've been watching. Maybe someone has cast a spell on them and brainwashed the lot of them. It's quite bizarre, i'd love them to watch that Worry Angel sale. Then again I fancy they'd say 'isn't he fabulous, so thoughtful and caring'.

It's as if all of Sit-Up's ills are our fault and that Mr Mason is, quite literally, the lone warrior of honesty and decency at Bid, a champion of the customers.

It's inexplicable.

I was reading some of the comments on there and I saw one that did upset me a bit and I stopped reading after I read it. It was a lady that was distraught saying how Mike had given her strength when she was about to give up and not seeing him is too much to take. She was saying she is now physically sick knowing she won't see him anymore. She also said about suffering depression. I could go on but you get the picture.
I honestly didn't know what to think, is it good she used him as a way of handling a mental illness? or is it bad that such vulnerable people are bid customers.
It did upset me seeing how presenters have a hold over a certain demographic of peoples everyday lives. I'm not saying he's to blame but it highlights the danger of such shopping channels using peoples emotions to sell some items.

I was reading some of the comments on there and I saw one that did upset me a bit and I stopped reading after I read it. It was a lady that was distraught saying how Mike had given her strength when she was about to give up and not seeing him is too much to take. She was saying she is now physically sick knowing she won't see him anymore. She also said about suffering depression. I could go on but you get the picture.
I honestly didn't know what to think, is it good she used him as a way of handling a mental illness? or is it bad that such vulnerable people are bid customers.
It did upset me seeing how presenters have a hold over a certain demographic of peoples everyday lives. I'm not saying he's to blame but it highlights the danger of such shopping channels using peoples emotions to sell some items.

Of course he isn't to blame for that particular situation, jeez I openly admit I loathe his behaviour but even I wouldn't suggest that. But for people to suggest that he's some sort of messiah and has completely clean hands in all of this is breathtaking.

If they want to blame us for everything then I can personally cope with that, it dosen't alter anything though.

But do those people honestly believe that certain presenters, none more so than Mason, haven't contributed greatly to the demise? If they do they are completely and utterly deluded. He might not have been attributed with a load of ASA complaints but that's probably only because he's was so downright slippery and disingenuous.

Has anyone spared a thought for Charlie??? He only kissed a woman for the first time last year...now he's walking the streets of Acton with his drill bit in one hand and his UV light in the other ... Sad very very sad!

I've just spilled some Soy sauce on my carpet - Anyone have his contact number??

Just search for Mike Mason Bid TV but it's strictly by invitation only, you have to pass her strict vetting procedure.

I got told what was said by someone who is a member but isn't quite as big a fan as some of the less discerning members.

It would seem there are some absolutely gigantic egos in play here, it's like she's his official spokesperson. And i'm afraid there are some massive fibs being told too, they repeatedly say we never say anything nice about Bid or any of the presenters and that is a bare faced untruth. It's a line that is used over and over, i'd imagine to whip up support for her little houseboy and deflect any criticism that may be headed his way.

I actually believe that she believes that he is completely blameless in all of this. That he really was the perfect, 100% honest, shopping host.

The facts are these, I joined this forum to discuss all the hilarious things that were happening and to see if anyone had any of the music as to this day I still love it all and if the channels had stayed how they were then that would have continued and my posts would have been full of positive things about Peter Simon falling over for the 100th time, the £9.99 dance by mad Mazza, the bargains and general fun of the channels. I even had some best buys read out in the past and some emailed messages when they used to be interactive. If they had stayed the same id have stayed the same.

Last edited:
Of course he isn't to blame for that particular situation, jeez I openly admit I loathe his behaviour but even I wouldn't suggest that. But for people to suggest that he's some sort of messiah and has completely clean hands in all of this is breathtaking.

But if they want to blame us for everything then I can cope with that, it dosen't alter anything.

But do those people honestly believe that certain presenters, none more so than Mason, haven't contributed greatly to the demise? If they do they are completely and utterly deluded.

I think the problem is that people on there see posts like I showed you and then others post saying bad things that we supposedly write on here. It seems to rally them into a lack of reason and they just want to see Mike the person that helps people with confidence or grievance or even mental/depression issues.
They don't even really defend sales pitches or even Bid in general imo, its more a defense of the person Mike is and the "hope" he gives to many people.

The facts are these, I joined this forum to discuss all the hilarious things that were happening and to see if anyone had any of the music as to this day I still love it all and if the channels had stayed how they were then that would have continued and my posts would have been full of positive things about Peter Simon falling over for the 100th time, the £9.99 dance by mad Mazza, the bargains and general fun of the channels. I even had some best buys read out in the past and some emailed messages when they used to be interactive. If they had stayed the same id have stayed the same.

Quite, indeed Mike was great fun during his first stint as a host on Bid. This has been talked about many times on here but it's another detail that is conveniently sidetracked by Goddess and her lackies. Maybe it's not mentioned because she wasn't with him then? Who knows.

But the man that came back after his time away was like a different person, and all too often a very unpleasant one too.

Quite, indeed Mike was great fun during his first stint as a host on Bid. This has been talked about many times on here but it's another detail that is conveniently sidetracked by Goddess and her lackies. Maybe it's not mentioned because she wasn't with him then? Who knows.

But the man that came back after his time away was like a different person, and all too often a very unpleasant one too.

I wouldn't like to comment but maybe a certain person has to take responsibility for his change in the same way Elisa was never the same as she was when she was flirting with John Hammond.

I remember Mike saying he had some sort of problem that he needed professional help with (psychological iirc) , perhaps it was during the time he was away. I do agree he did change drastically.

I think the problem is that people on there see posts like I showed you and then others post saying bad things that we supposedly write on here. It seems to rally them into a lack of reason and they just want to see Mike the person that helps people with confidence or grievance or even mental/depression issues.
They don't even really defend sales pitches or even Bid in general imo, its more a defense of the person Mike is and the "hope" he gives to many people.

I think the mere fact that his partner is involved in a 'fanpage' kind of says a lot really. It maybe gives an insight into their mindset.

I totally understand she wants to defend her man, and their livelihood. But good grief, there's some serious bullshit being spewed, as there is on here too.

It all seems very, very serious to me, in fact they seem to take themselves very seriously full stop. I don't think that is something that can be said about this place, maybe 10% of what is said on here is serious and the rest is mostly nonsense and i'm as bad as anyone for that :mysmilie_59:

I think the mere fact that his partner is involved in a 'fanpage' kind of says a lot really. It maybe gives an insight into their mindset.

I totally understand she wants to defend her man, and their livelihood. But good grief, there's some serious bullshit being spewed, as there is on here too.

It all seems very, very serious to me, in fact they seem to take themselves very seriously full stop. I don't think that is something that can be said about this place, maybe 10% of what is said on here is serious and the rest is mostly nonsense and i'm as bad as anyone for that :mysmilie_59:

I like how this place doesn't take itself seriously most the time as you say, I think that's what made me a bit shocked when reading such posts on their FB page as I was expecting some light hearted banter but in all honesty it changed my mindset on one or two things (more to do with PS). Maybe they get to see Mike doing good work outside Bid helping others and that's why they are so protective of him, I don't really know anything of Mike other than what I see of him on Bid... I think many of us on here probably are in the same boat. I know M&M make reference to his good deeds outside Bid but how are we meant to know?

I wish Mike would come say hi on here and maybe answer a few questions, I honestly believe he could help himself out a bit if he did.

Last edited:
Just my £7.99 worth...........100% hand on heart here, I have only judged Mike M on what I saw of him on Quizcall then **** at Bid, Just a week or so ago I was getting ripped into him for some comments he made about females etc and wondered if he ever watched his shows to see if he could learn anything and be better in his ways.

Sadly his ego got the better of him and thinks he is above learning and respecting others so if your in an industry that is in the public eye you will be judged and he has been judged and lets not forget here Mike was never short of an opinion and wasn't shy about telling others what his opinion was.

Latest posts

Back