Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish forums had been around when the old quiz channels existed... I used to love Quiz tv and Russ and co but we all knew it was a con but was hilarious to watch them try to fill for hours.

Yes, I used to like to watch Quiz tv too..Russ used to ask his female fans to send in photos of themselves so they could go on his 'Russ's Babes Board'

You'll soon get over it Mr T when something far better replaces the crap :mysmilie_59:

I realised it's appeal.... it was crap but a variety of crap.

the jewellery channel and gemstv was a nice alternative but it is too niche to get into on a regular watch.

I realised it's appeal.... it was crap but a variety of crap.

the jewellery channel and gemstv was a nice alternative but it is too niche to get into on a regular watch.

I don't use Freeview but hopefully they'll be replaced with some entertainment channels.

I don't use Freeview but hopefully they'll be replaced with some entertainment channels.

Bid/PD have set such a low standard, that anything, and I mean anything couldn't be worse than their offerings. They could put wet paint drying on those ex channels and it would be better.

qvc is aimed at 40+ women with more money to spend than time to spend it.

Ideal world is amazing if you have a fetish for blenders and karcher washers

We need a new variety channel that is awful

Bid/PD have set such a low standard, that anything, and I mean anything couldn't be worse than their offerings. They could put wet paint drying on those ex channels and it would be better.

Yes, I see the logic in these comments.

Only a channel featuring a continuous loop of Madina trotting around on one of her half dead Donkey's would be more tedious :mysmilie_59:

qvc is aimed at 40+ women with more money to spend than time to spend it.

Ideal world is amazing if you have a fetish for blenders and karcher washers

We need a new variety channel that is awful

So, a kind of a mix between terrible Bid-esque products, rip-off Quizcall and amateur Karaoke channel.

Yes, I see the logic in these comments.

Only a channel featuring a continuous loop of Madina trotting around on one of her half dead Donkey's would be more tedious :mysmilie_59:

I can imagine the two of them on the settee - as Wayne and Wainetta from the slobs on the Harry Enfield show!

I can imagine the two of them on the settee - as Wayne and Wainetta from the slobs on the Harry Enfield show!

Due to their sudden change in circumstances she'll be wise to keep her ciggie butts, she might need to make rollies from the stumps :mysmilie_59:

I'd normally be watching now :sad:

Me too Pola

Fridays and saturdays 10pm-1:30, also switch on about 6:30 for ladies night before the main programmes began on itv or bbc
Sunday- dip in and out during the afternoon and then watch from 6:30-10pm
rest of the week id often flip over during the breaks on programmes for a bite sized 3-4 mins - I got pretty good at somehow timing it perfectly in my head to switch back over just in time.

Last edited:
I agree with steve, I used to be one of the sad (but there were many) sods that would stay up with quizmania etc... as it was just so random where it was clearly live tv participated in by the drunk.

I remember one of the questions: What does a woman keep in her handbag? One of the anwsers was............a WRENCH?????

My Schlocko says:-

"Happy Easter! Hope you're all well. Been thinking, which takes enormous effort at my age. If I was to do a website dedicated to my fave fragrances - as well as my own fragrances - who is up for it? I can't bear the fact that I've got all these fragrances in my head/nose and I no longer have a way of sharing it with you xxxx if you're up for me starting a website then let me know zxxxxx"

I admire his optimism but really, can't he take a message? This idea stinks, much like Bid's perfumes. Maybe his next fragrance is called 'Divine Decadence - My Beautiful Bismarck" :mysmilie_59:

Oh dear....all I smell is desperation

But he had support from Shiny Face who, perhaps predictably, said :- "OMG are you kidding. It would be a huge success. I have never met anyone with a better knowledge of fragrance than you and I know people would love to have a place to go for advice and recommendations . Can wait for the website xxxx"

And Neil Russell who merely said :- "Yes yes yes !!!!"

But do please look carefully at Shiny's words, he actually said 'Can wait for the website xxxx" and so can I. About 20 years :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back