Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So, do you like them or not, say what you mean! Lol! How can you honestly say that Mike Mason was like any of the words you describe? He is intelligent, humble and with a vast knowledge. I liked him!

Muttley,... Muttley,..... Muttley! I didn't like MM's shock jock tactics. In fact the more I did catch of him, which wasn't much, I grew to dislike his presenting style. Intelligent, - self confessed expert, (he did teach us what steam is, and the Bass paper reflex sheet, well just priceless). Humble, and with a vast knowledge? Quick answer, NO and NO. I didn't like him, never liked him. The only thing I am sorry about, is the style of presenters was IMHO a direct turn off for the regular viewer. I'm sure there is a Lecky job just going begging for him somewhere. Rant over, normal conditions now apply.:mysmilie_12:

Muttley,... Muttley,..... Muttley! I didn't like MM's shock jock tactics. In fact the more I did catch of him, which wasn't much, I grew to dislike his presenting style. Intelligent, - self confessed expert, (he did teach us what steam is, and the Bass paper reflex sheet, well just priceless). Humble, and with a vast knowledge? Quick answer, NO and NO. I didn't like him, never liked him. The only thing I am sorry about, is the style of presenters was IMHO a direct turn off for the regular viewer. I'm sure there is a Lecky job just going begging for him somewhere. Rant over, normal conditions now apply.:mysmilie_12:

I was teasing, I didn't really like him! Although how are we going to get educated in the future? I didn't see hin explaining what steam is (although my mum did) and who could forget his world famous Bass Test Reflex Sheet? He knows great sound!

I was teasing, I didn't really like him! Although how are we going to get educated in the future? I didn't see hin explaining what steam is (although my mum did) and who could forget his world famous Bass Test Reflex Sheet? He knows great sound!

Not forgetting ---- Women want him Baaaad!
I was teasing too! :mysmilie_14:

Not forgetting ---- Women want him Baaaad!
I was teasing too! :mysmilie_14:

I was worried you might have thought I was a new convert to the Mike "The Muppet" Appreciation Society! And for Gollum's information, I am a woman. And I don't want him baaad! (Unless it is rewire my flat if the electric goes!)

So, do you like them or not, say what you mean! Lol! How can you honestly say that Mike Mason was like any of the words you describe? He is intelligent, humble and with a vast knowledge. I liked him!

Oh yes, of course. I forgot about him. Silly me! How could I forget when he helped me get through my science GCSE!

I had a question saying "How is steam formed?".

My answer was "Awight guys and gals. What we have here is steam. Now what do I mean by steam. Now Let me explain, if you will! Steam is formed when water reaches boiling point. Steam can be very useful. If I had a wifeslashgoddess, she could use steam to heat certain foods. Now what do I mean by steam certain foods? Steam can also be used for cleaning. Now what do I mean by cleaning."

I got a grade F........

Oh yes, of course. I forgot about him. Silly me! How could I forget when he helped me get through my science GCSE!

I had a question saying "How is steam formed?".

My answer was "Awight guys and gals. What we have here is steam. Now what do I mean by steam. Now Let me explain, if you will! Steam is formed when water reaches boiling point. Steam can be very useful. If I had a wifeslashgoddess, she could use steam to heat certain foods. Now what do I mean by steam certain foods? Steam can also be used for cleaning. Now what do I mean by cleaning."

I got a grade F........

I bet that is a higher grade than Mike got!

For those interested, I noticed earlier this evening Eilidh Nairn on sky channel The Mall presenting an Atlas Editions shopping channel hour, which was on immediately after Bid TV clone aka Discount Store TV.

Last edited:
Sally is back with another video filmed in the back room of her local charity shop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpDCiuEW9fs

I feel like producing a new version of that video. Following an annoying alarm noise, there will be a deep loud mouth voice interrupting the presentation announcing "PRIZE DRAW" and then it will all begin, not only with the on screen graphics, not only with the background music, not only with a big triangle thing with live statics of the number of subscribers, not only with a ticker across the bottom of the screen..... NEW NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBER - VERA, MIDDLESEX. etc.

This totally has to be done. Don't you think it is all a bit bland without the full Bid TV experience to accompany the video?

Do you know guys, i'm so happy that Sally feels obliged to keep in touch with her 'audience'. I think it say's a lot about her.

But I do want to see more of Peter Sherlock, in fact I think Britain wants to. And where's Mike Mason? I'd love to see his smiley face again.

Is the rumour that Peter Simon has been signed up as an ambassador for Tena For Men true? He's always seemed to have an affinity with the gusset area, albeit with enormous ladies underwear. It would be good to see him again.

More stupidly overpriced products! With Peter Sherlock as 'skin expert', this retailer isn't aiming particularly high to gain any credibility. If I was a business selling high-value products , I would not employ a former failed shopping channel presenter to promote it. Skinchemists.com is probably another rip-off merchant in the same vein as all the other ones Bid-TV used to use.

More stupidly overpriced products! With Peter Sherlock as 'skin expert', this retailer isn't aiming particularly high to gain any credibility. If I was a business selling high-value products , I would not employ a former failed shopping channel presenter to promote it. Skinchemists.com is probably another rip-off merchant in the same vein as all the other ones Bid-TV used to use.

Skin Chemists and Skin Pharmacy (which is a 'brand' we all know by now) both appear to be owned by the same company, in fact it would be easy to think their products mostly look identical, other than the branding. Skin Chemists is sometimes sold on Ideal World so be worried!

It seems old habits die hard :mysmilie_59:

http://www.skinpharmacy.tv/contact

http://skinchemists.com/contacts/

That website looks like the sort of thing a 15 year old, not only with the larger of the satchels, not only with the school uniform, not only with the packed lunch, would knock up during his IT lesson at school.

Indeed. Given the prices I would personally expect a more professional, polished looking website. That's only my opinion though.

But I have no doubt that an Industry Expert of Peter Sherlock's calibre will add much quality and gravitas to their operations :mysmilie_59:

My thoughts exactly! It isn't as if PS has a lovely complexion... unless they are going to do a before and after. LOL

Latest posts

Back