Really Julia ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Julia is on with Peony. She says that you could take the hydrangea bouquet (£34.92)as a gift when you go to a dinner party !!!! I know London people, prices and habits are on a different planet to the rest of the UK, but 35 quid as a dinner party gift ????? jeez on the extremely rare occasion I go to a dinner party (last invite was roughly 1998) they get a potted plant or bottle of wine.

As for Peony, I ordered a huge palm for my conservatory almost 4 weeks ago, and still no sign of it, so I've cancelled the order. Peony take too long for their stuff to arrive, but there are never any apologies on air.

There are different planets within London though. A bottle of wine or maybe even two (as I would no doubt consume one of them!)would be just about it for me! But I certainly agree it can be a bit bonkers here.

Yes Julia and co live in a different world, the last dinner party I went to was the mother in-laws, and I don't think she spent £35 on the whole evening, mind you it was about the time QVC started up and she is that tight she squeaks, as you can no doubt tell, she's not my favourite person :mysmilie_17:

Yes Julia and co live in a different world, the last dinner party I went to was the mother in-laws, and I don't think she spent £35 on the whole evening, mind you it was about the time QVC started up and she is that tight she squeaks, as you can no doubt tell, she's not my favourite person :mysmilie_17:

I had one of those :witchbroom:

Hi Julia iv been wachting u for many years now I think ur stunningly hot and gorgeous and getting hotter with age

The above was a post on arsebook!!!!

Oh dear God.
There is NOTHING as embarrassing as a cringey message to a celebrity (or otherwise) by a fan ( i.e. swap fan for gullible idiot).

Its like watching royalty on a walkabout, or a sleb on the red carpet, - just watch the faces in the background, all grinning like village idiots.

Crikey my Mum`s idea of a dinner party would have been watching Johnny Morris at the chimps tea party on Animal Magic.
Come to think of it my own experiences of dinner parties are few and far between. I`ve been invited out for Supper or for drinks and nibbles or out for tea or a meet for a butty and a brew but rarely had an invite including the words " Dinner Party".

Crikey my Mum`s idea of a dinner party would have been watching Johnny Morris at the chimps tea party on Animal Magic.
Come to think of it my own experiences of dinner parties are few and far between. I`ve been invited out for Supper or for drinks and nibbles or out for tea or a meet for a butty and a brew but rarely had an invite including the words " Dinner Party".

Take heart Vienna, you're just like most of the population. Dinner parties are wot QVC presenters attend, so they can ply each other with gifts they've got with their staff discount ! "come round for a bite to eat" is what's said to me on rare occasions.

I have been to a dinner party once in my life. It was a huge fun evening of everyone having a good time, food, drink, chocolates. I didn't cook it and I have come to understand that I am a far better guest than a hostess!! There were no table gifts btw.

CC

We used to hold DP’s regularly during first 10 years of married life and they were returned by same group of friends. They were exhausting for me, clean the house, cook the food or order in, be the hostess with the mostest, when they left clean up again, collapse into bed where the (now ex)husband already was! Wonder why we stopped doing them!

Never hosted a dinner party as we have our dinner at dinner time which is usually between 12noon and 2pm. We have tea between 5pm and 6pm. Our get togethers are usually in the evening and consist of snacks and drinks and are few and far between these days as we prefer to go out and don’t eat huge meals in the evening. A snack and a nice bottle of wine do me fine.

Hi Julia iv been wachting u for many years now I think ur stunningly hot and gorgeous and getting hotter with age

The above was a post on arsebook!!!!

The most nauseating comments are the tweets & comments on Instagram made to ickle Claire. They rave about her hair, husband, children, dog, home, gypsy caravan, mother, nails & her hair (again). There's one woman who makes collages of photos of her & her family. I read them because they're so bizarre & give me a good laugh.

The most nauseating comments are the tweets & comments on Instagram made to ickle Claire. They rave about her hair, husband, children, dog, home, gypsy caravan, mother, nails & her hair (again). There's one woman who makes collages of photos of her & her family. I read them because they're so bizarre & give me a good laugh.

Now that is bizarre, preferring one presenter to another is one thing but all this fawning?I don’t do social media so miss a lot of this, the reviews can be enough & never read the presenter blogs,am not remotely interested.I used to collect the pictures of film stars from the centre of ‘Girl’ as a child/ young teenager, Now how many of you remember ‘Girl’ & ‘Eagle’ for boys?!

Now that is bizarre, preferring one presenter to another is one thing but all this fawning?I don’t do social media so miss a lot of this, the reviews can be enough & never read the presenter blogs,am not remotely interested.I used to collect the pictures of film stars from the centre of ‘Girl’ as a child/ young teenager, Now how many of you remember ‘Girl’ & ‘Eagle’ for boys?!

Collecting, whether actually or virtually, is totally understandable when you're a child or a teen, I had my huge collection of David Cassidy 'stuff' & I've got all my mum's film star annuals. Writing these gushing comments to selly telly sales assistants is just plain daft. My comics were Bunty & June & School Friend. I felt so grown up when I was allowed Jackie & Fab 208. Happy days.

Comic wise, Look-In and Misty just going in to my teens, then as I hit my teens it then became Jackie and Smash Hits, ahhh to be young again were waiting for your weekly magazine/comic to come out was all you had to worry about :mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back