Really Kathy!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Well she isn`t putting her brain in gear this morning before engaging her mouth.
Presenting the WOW product she mentioned the fashion now for celebs to let their roots show ... I wouldn`t think they would be happy having that pointed out ... I know they say you can do highlights but that isn`t quite the same and I doubt anyone would buy it to actually make it look like you had roots showing!!
Onto the Doll 10 foundation ..she said she usually uses BareMinerals but said in the same sentence that the Doll 10 foundation `feels amazing` which sounded to me as though she thought it was better and BM didn`t !!
Next the TSV presentation where she suggested with other appliances where the hair is twisted around you could easily damage the hair
I very much doubt I`d want her presenting for me .... too much of a loose canon as you never know what she is going to say !!
But she has lasted 15 years so what do I know !! ;)

I saw her on the Tulip show, and there was a moment when I wondered what the hell she was talking about ! as though she'd lost concentration and veered off into her own little sphere.

Q probably employ her for her "Mrs Ordinary" appeal. Refreshingly, she doesn't have the hard-sell lying-barsteward approach of some of the others. There's a place for that.

I think you're right, brissles - she loses it and then starts to gabble to try to get herself back on track. First time I noticed it I thought it was me, and I'd lost the thread of what she was saying (penalty of my being a compulsive channel hopper!), but after I'd noticed it a few times I concluded it's her - quite frankly, a couple of times I've not known what the heck she's on about, it seems to bear no relation to what you're looking at, or it contradicts what she's just said. I came to the conclusion that she finds it hard to cope with lots of different information coming through the talkback thingy and gets flustered - it would probably fluster me, but they should be trained to cope with it. Is it due to the upcoming wedding of her daughter, I wonder? She's always talked a lot about her daughter (if it's the same daughter), and she might have loads of "stuff" on her mind with all the wedding "preps".
I saw her on the Tulip show, and there was a moment when I wondered what the hell she was talking about ! as though she'd lost concentration and veered off into her own little sphere.

Yes, I've always thought of her as someone who isn't on the giant ego-trip of some of the others, nor is she constantly preening herself or flicking her hair (yes, Claire Sutton, I mean you).

Q probably employ her for her "Mrs Ordinary" appeal. Refreshingly, she doesn't have the hard-sell lying-barsteward approach of some of the others. There's a place for that.

I think the reason she has lasted so long despite being a bit of a bumbler is because she is on during the morning, her style wouldn't cut it in the hard sell of the evening shows.
Morning viewers tend to want a more laid back style perhaps they have more time and are fans of those TVam /Lorraine Kelly chat shows.

I watched her with some Doll 10 lipsticks this morning. She was absolutely raving about them but it was plainly obvious that she'd never used them because she had no clue how the damn things opened. I was embarrassed for her. Made her look quite stupid IMO.

I will be honest and say I have to turn off when she is on.

Ditto, the constant stumbling over her words is really irritating. To be honest I'm glad I miss her most of the time as she's usually on when I'm at work.

She was in a strange mood during the Doll10 hour earlier today, she was rather short with Doris, I felt.

Kathy remind me of Mavis Riley

Attachments

• mavis.jpg
    mavis.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 100
Not sure I agree about Mrs Ordinary you surely need a degree of competence and professionalism to present accurately I don`t watch for ordinary anyway ! They are there to sell and would have thought not to put down a type of product I may just have bought !!
Well if you compare what Ali K must have had on her mind leading up to her revealing her illness with never a falter a wedding pales into insignificance....

I watched her with some Doll 10 lipsticks this morning. She was absolutely raving about them but it was plainly obvious that she'd never used them because she had no clue how the damn things opened. I was embarrassed for her. Made her look quite stupid IMO.

I seen her do that a while ago with the Judith Williams skin care, the one where you dispense it by pushing the inside down, well Kathy was saying how she always uses it and loves it, but kept twisting and turning trying to get the stuff out and getting quite flustered, then Judith had to help her, that was quite embarrassing. When she stumbles on her words, with that deep frown of concentration, it's as if you're willing her with bated breath to finish the sentence and get her words out, I think it makes quite uncomfortable viewing, or it did when I used to watch.

Selling isn't her natural environment. I can't remember her stuttering when she was on the Holiday Show so I think she still finds it hard, particularly with the expectations of the new breed on QVC who insist on this hard sell stuff, whereas the DBFs of this world have taken to it like ducks to water. But I think she's still one of the more acceptable ones, stuttering or not.

There must be some little bumbling british niche she taps into, otherwise she makes no sense on a selling channel.

Apart from her stumbling stutter, I don't have any problems with her, but I do wonder why she wasn't let go in preference to Debbie Greenwood who was far more in command than Kathy is.

When I watch a show Kathy is presenting nine times out of ten I end up switching channels as I get embarrassed for her, I would guess that she is a great wife/mother/friend but imo not a competent shopping telly presenter, also imo she seem to be getting worse... hope it's just the excitement of the wedding.

Don't have a problem with Kathy ,but sometimes I feel embarrassed for her and want to finish her sentences. Lately I felt the irritation of some of the guests with her waffling.

Latest posts

Back