Received used item query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just a quick update...

I've had a email telling me they'd rather have the items back in stock as they have a wait list for them and they'll be sending them to another customer!

Best of luck to the next person. I hope they return them and when they're returned again to be sent out again, and are returned yet again by the next customer. It'll cost them more in postage but they're too greedy to see that.

Oh, and they're NOT refunding my original postage!

I never order anything which is on waitlist.It means waiting for someone else to try & return and then pass on to next person. I am not ‘second hand Rose’.

Just a quick update...

I've had a email telling me they'd rather have the items back in stock as they have a wait list for them and they'll be sending them to another customer!

Best of luck to the next person. I hope they return them and when they're returned again to be sent out again, and are returned yet again by the next customer. It'll cost them more in postage but they're too greedy to see that.

Oh, and they're NOT refunding my original postage!

What a shody outfit they are & what an insulting way to treat a customer.

I would phone again and insist on the original PP being refunded. The next CS rep may agree without even arguing about it.

Also, you could copy and paste some of your posts onto their FB page so their followers could learn more about Q's shoddy service.

I’ve never had anything that’s been worn / used sent out before, but my mother had a Gtech with dirt in it.
She got it exchanged.
However, other catalogues do accept returns and will repackage them to send out to next customer, so providing it’s only tried on, I don’t see any problem.
You try clothes and shoes on in store without buying and often what you do buy has been tried on or touched by many others!
QVC should thoroughly check through their returning stock - I expect it’s someone who can’t be bothered to do their job properly!

Just a quick update...

Yet don't they always maintain that they never send out returned goods to other customers?? You now have an email stating, in black and white, that that isn't the case. I hope that the poor customer who receives your return also sends them back.

I consider myself very lucky to have never received a return, but if I ever did then I would certainly insist that I got the original P&P back.

I recently returned the Tan Luxe TSV (because orange isn't a good look) but was told that I couldn't have my P&P refunded, despite being sent a returns label, because I'd used some of the product. I waited a couple of days and rang CS again. My original P&P was refunded a couple of days after the refund for the returned goods, so it looks as though it depends on whom you speak to in the CS department.

I know they say they don’t send out returned items, but I don’t see a problem doing so, AS LONG AS there’s no way to tell from checking the item that it’s been worn/used/tried before. Clearly some of their warehouse staff are sending stuff out that’s in used condition. Not acceptable.

I’d be kicking up a stink at a high level if they continue to refuse a refund of the original p&p.

We had a handbag that had a part-used tube of ointment in it, so was obviously a return that had not been checked over.

We checked it thoroughly and it seemed OK, so we kept it.

In hindsight, I should have asked QVC to send me a returns envelope so I could return the ointment to them. ;)

When I last visited the outlet they had better stuff than that at a quarter of the price

I was going to say, the sandals alter ego received should have been in one of QVC’s outlet stores where they would have to be heavily reduced, so they have a cheek (a) expecting to get away with asking the price everyone else pays for new and (b) not then offering the unfortunate customer who receives used goods an outlet-type discount.

The way I understand it a call to CS to state there’s a problem with an item being received and is used.

Now Q are asking to have the item back to resend out to an awaiting customer.

I would have thought they can’t reply wanting any item back being returned as used, saying they wish to resend out to fulfil an order.

Surely they would need firstly to throughly checkout the item and it’s suitability for resale as in new condition.

Or have I missed something?

Well I'm furious again on your behalf, alter ego. I would definitely ring up again to demand the postage because you are returning defective goods, not stuff you just didn't want within the MBG. If no luck with CS, I would email the CEO or follow whatever the complaints procedure says on their website. I have no problem with someone trying something in and then it going out again, after all if you buy something on the DHS it might have been tried on numerous times by others. But you have scuffed shoes with toe marks in them, FFS!

Another thing I would definitely do (cos I did it for JLP) is write a one star review on Trustpilot. My heading would be QVC charged me £5.95 to look at some secondhand shoes. It currently has a one star overall rating. I think I'll waste some time reading a few!

I would not accept them not giving the p & p back either. They sound like they have been worn beyond just trying on. Ring again, or email the Chief Exec.

I think I was unfortunate with the people I've connected with who were both male - I usually get more sense from the females, (sorry, any men here).

A moany email has been sent.

Latest posts

Back