Regatta coat - qvc vs ideal world

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is this the same coat?

QVC clearance price £78.40 plus £4.95 p&p

Ideal World £29.99 plus £1 p&p

If it is the same coat that’s daylight robbery 😤
Oh, it's the same all right. Even got the same model and picture for one of the colours (now sold out). Shocking - £83.35 or £30.99: I know what I‘d rather pay! They only have one colour left each but is the dark red from QVC worth £52 more than the creamy colour?! Of course, even the postage is 5x more from you-know-who!

B505D355-1836-441D-BE6A-808F0477F1E7.jpg
BFACED87-155A-4EEC-B88F-CB1796AD07A9.jpg

Last edited:
Quite a few things sold on IW are cheaper than the price on QVC. Elizabeth Grant being one example. One reason why it’s well worth shopping about. Identical items on QVC are also available on Amazon and are less expensive. I tend to use QVC to find out about a product and then scoot off and buy it elsewhere.

IW often have free P&P or capped P&P and yet QVC‘s postage never ceases to amaze me. E.g.: P&P for a huge 1 metre across sunburst mirror from Julian MacDonald is £5.95. P&P for a pair of Nina Leonard trousers is £4.95. Makes no sense to me. 🤔

I agree Toril. Qvc is a great shop window to discover new items or brands but mostly at crazy prices. I’ve been fancying trying the korres elasti smooth body cream. It’s £40 for 400ml on q but I found the same size in tkmaxx for £7.99. I bought 2. They also had large tubs of Elizabeth Grant body creams at the same price. Very very😀.

I agree Toril. Qvc is a great shop window to discover new items or brands but mostly at crazy prices. I’ve been fancying trying the korres elasti smooth body cream. It’s £40 for 400ml on q but I found the same size in tkmaxx for £7.99. I bought 2. They also had large tubs of Elizabeth Grant body creams at the same price. Very very😀.
How funny - I bought that yesterday! It’s lovely. There was only one left in TK Maxx but I will pop back today to see if they have any more and they replenish all the time.

Is this the same coat?

QVC clearance price £78.40 plus £4.95 p&p

Ideal World £29.99 plus £1 p&p

If it is the same coat that’s daylight robbery 😤
Wow !!! But some will pay that … as when cheaper people feel like “oh fake “ or no kudos for buying cheap … I’d go cheap 😆👍

Let us be honest, I think most other retailers are cheaper than QVC. But QVC gets people with the easy pay and 60 day returns policy.
I’m surprised that people are still hanging on because of this. You’ve got 14 days to return stuff in mint condition and get your postage back. Apart from skincare, cosmetics and shoes that cripple your feet, I usually know immediately if I’m going to keep something or not. There’s no way I’d umm and ahh and wear something I wasn’t sure about- you don’t get all your money back and return postage is down to the customer. It’s good in some instances but I’d sooner see better deals and cheaper prices across the board. Maybe if they didn’t charge so much for everything in the first place, people wouldn’t regret their purchases so often and feel the need to claw back any money they can!

Could it possibly be that the use by date is different? What I mean is, the QVC price is higher because you have a couple of years' shelf life, whereas the cheaper one's shelf life has maybe run out or has a few months to go.

Who doesn't know very soon after they've received something they bought on line whether they want to keep it or not? You don't need 60 days to think about it.
QVC think its a dynamic way to keep customers the 60 days MBG but I kid you not Wo Betide anyone who take advantage of it even once. I bought a set of three yankee candles and burned 2 inches. Its very rare I return anything but this set was really poor. So I asked to return it. After a scolding the label was sent out and QVC docked some of the refund money saying I burned too much.

QVC think its a dynamic way to keep customers the 60 days MBG but I kid you not Wo Betide anyone who take advantage of it even once. I bought a set of three yankee candles and burned 2 inches. Its very rare I return anything but this set was really poor. So I asked to return it. After a scolding the label was sent out and QVC docked some of the refund money saying I burned too much.
Thinking about it, it's quite disgusting really. Other retailers don't allow certain items to be returned for hygiene reasons. Let's talk about earrings, so someone can wear a pair of earrings for 3 months, decided they're not for them, or find that they irritate them, so they send them back after giving them a quick wipe, and don't tell me they don't send them back out to another customer (what the eye can't see!). Bedding? Doesn't even bear thinking about, although it would be a lot harder to pass off 3 month old bedding as new, but I'm pretty sure it's been done! As Boffy said, you'll get a flea in your ear and a fraction of your money back, so from the customer's perspective is it really worth the hassle?
I would say it's great for skincare, to be able to recoup some money back from a really expensive moisturiser that doesn't suit your skin, or to be able to return an expensive pair of shoes that were comfortable initially but are now excrutiatingly uncomfortable, but in the grand scheme of things who wouldn't want to pay less in the first place?!

And yet, QVC always maintain that you can return anything, even if it’s been used, and will get a full refund. What a way to run a company! I’m so sorry that you were party to their “tweaking” their T&Cs, boffy.

To be honest, I ignore the 60 day MBG because I know immediately if I intend to keep something. I very rarely send anything back because of their ridiculous refund system which takes two weeks or longer. Most companies refund customers within a couple of days, if not sooner. Consequently, if I ever order something from them nowadays it’s because I know the brand or it’s a reorder (although I’ve usually sourced the product more cheaply elsewhere.)

Latest posts

Back