Regatta coat - qvc vs ideal world

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC think its a dynamic way to keep customers the 60 days MBG but I kid you not Wo Betide anyone who take advantage of it even once. I bought a set of three yankee candles and burned 2 inches. Its very rare I return anything but this set was really poor. So I asked to return it. After a scolding the label was sent out and QVC docked some of the refund money saying I burned too much.
Not fair. The way all the presenters bang on about the 60 day return policy and that "It's just fine to use the product."

Thinking about it, it's quite disgusting really. Other retailers don't allow certain items to be returned for hygiene reasons. Let's talk about earrings, so someone can wear a pair of earrings for 3 months, decided they're not for them, or find that they irritate them, so they send them back after giving them a quick wipe, and don't tell me they don't send them back out to another customer (what the eye can't see!). Bedding? Doesn't even bear thinking about, although it would be a lot harder to pass off 3 month old bedding as new, but I'm pretty sure it's been done! As Boffy said, you'll get a flea in your ear and a fraction of your money back, so from the customer's perspective is it really worth the hassle?
I would say it's great for skincare, to be able to recoup some money back from a really expensive moisturiser that doesn't suit your skin, or to be able to return an expensive pair of shoes that were comfortable initially but are now excrutiatingly uncomfortable, but in the grand scheme of things who wouldn't want to pay less in the first place?!
In the 1990's I worked at Freeman's Mail order and one of the girls in customer service told us a number of people ordered loads of stuff for holidays and then tried to send it back after they came home!!! She said it happened regularly.
There was also a programme on the TV a number of years ago about Selfridges ( I think it was them). One of the staff was doing the returns and she had gloves on as she said they never knew what state some of the returned items would be in.

And yet, QVC always maintain that you can return anything, even if it’s been used, and will get a full refund. What a way to run a company! I’m so sorry that you were party to their “tweaking” their T&Cs, boffy.

To be honest, I ignore the 60 day MBG because I know immediately if I intend to keep something. I very rarely send anything back because of their ridiculous refund system which takes two weeks or longer. Most companies refund customers within a couple of days, if not sooner. Consequently, if I ever order something from them nowadays it’s because I know the brand or it’s a reorder (although I’ve usually sourced the product more cheaply elsewhere.)
I returned a Doll 10 eyebrow product which I didn’t like. Sent it via mail last Saturday morning, received notification of return and refund on Wednesday and money back on my card this morning.

Apart from Amazon which we have to use as there are no shops doing things apart from clothes, anywhere near me , I rarely buy on line unless it is something I’ve purchased before and know what it is like. I like to try thing on in the shop and it’s either straight back on the rail or home for a second look .

The only thing I buy off Q is the odd bit of EEK and maybe a garden tool.

I returned a Doll 10 eyebrow product which I didn’t like. Sent it via mail last Saturday morning, received notification of return and refund on Wednesday and money back on my card this morning.

That‘s good and must be a record. I have only sent a handful of things back to them over the years and always send them back first class. The fastest refund I’ve had has been a week which I think is too long as other companies refund customers far quicker than that.

The other archaic/ridiculous practice from QVC is the fact if you want a replacement for something they don’t send it out until they’ve received the return. I’ve read about people having to do that and then the replacement is out of stock. Also, when I rang to say something was faulty they told me to send it back before they would refund me. A company I dealt with recently sent a replacement the following day, after I rang them, and told me to discard the damaged item. I honestly think QVC should rethink their practice in several ways, but hey ho. 😉

QVC make it super easy to purchase items but refunds and general customer service has to be by far the worse in the retail world. To avoid an altercation with QVC I am super careful on what I buy in the first place. I will never ever keep something that's rubbish or faulty however irritating QVC make the returns process.

Latest posts

Back