Replacement turnaround ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuziQ

Registered Shopper
I bought some clarks shoes earlier in the year ( worked out about £15 cheaper than buying something similar at the store.) I loved them because they were so comfortable ( they were the Ella ballet ). I didn't start wearing them a lot until the hot weather started recently, so they probably only had a months worth of wear ( and even that wouldn't be daily.)

About 10 days ago I felt something odd and noticed the left sole had come unstuck, right back to about 2 inches away from the heel area. I contacted the Q and they said I could have an exchange or refund and they would collect ( good so far.)
They were picked up by courier 8 days ago but are not even showing as returned yet, let alone the replacement sorted out. I am going away next week and was really hoping to have them for then, as they are so very comfortable on my plantar fasciitis riddled feet! When I contacted them they said it will take up to 14 days for the return to show and then up to 7 days for a replacement to be actioned. What?!

Why can Amazon turn around a return and replacement in 4 days but the Q can't even show an item as returned in 3 times that duration?!

I think I am going to have to ask them to refund and find something else for my holiday even though it is going to cost me more . Having said that, there is a clarks outlet where I am going! I just know that if I contact them now asking for a refund they will still get it wrong and send out a replacement whilst I am gone so no refund until I get THAT pair showing as returned on my account!

Thisis one of the reasons that I go for long periods without ordering from the Q ( then something sucks me back in again. Sigh!)

qvc are a nightmare when something goes wrong however they are second only to john lewis so there

I empathise totally! I sent back a Carol Hochman dressing gown type thing that I had to return asking for a different size in replacement and it was weeks before it even showed up as returned. Then there was a period of several days in limbo where nothing seemed to happen and even CS couldn't offer more information on the 'phone. Eventually a replacement order appeared on my account - although it still hasn't arrived with me yet! We've all said it so many times before, but it beggars belief that QVC can be so slow when it comes to handling their orders! It has cost me to send it back to change it and, what with the high charges to start with, my order level has dropped drastically, and will continue to do so while they're being totally outpaced by their competitors. The need to take a leaf out of "the other side"'s book - capped P&P, whole order easy pays and special offer prices that last for longer than the show they're aired on! And all the other companies out there who charge little or nothing for postage.

It makes me wonder why the call centre is award winning. Fair enough, the people you get on the phone are, on the whole, nice and pleasant to speak to but they don't actually have much power to do anything when it comes to it. They all just seem to tell you that you need to wait a bit longer or they'll put a letter in the slowest postal service they can find to make you wait anyway. It has to change. Can't they see they'd sell a lot more and the presenters wouldn't have to be a bunch of Del Boys to push the sales through.

i've found its a lot slower if returned via courier, if you return via royal mail it usually only takes a few days, in my own experience anyway.

Moth I agree- they just seem to have set responses, albeit they are on the whole lovely polite people on the phones. CallmeQ, I agree about the courier, I didn't want to have to pay to return them though- postage is so bliddy expensive these days! My new courier is turning out to be a problem as well ( he delivers for amazon and the Q- my daughter buys a lot from amazon!) he complained last week that I have to sign for QVC deliveries. Now I don't know if this is just my account? He implied that it is my fault he can't just leave the items somewhere around my house but I have never asked the Q to make my orders signed for. I thought it was only certain (more expensive things like jewellary ) that had to be signed for? He really had a go at me because he says I 'go out a lot ' and he doesn't get paid for repeat visits :/

He was rather rude looking back!

I expect to be getting 'the letter' soon from the Q as I have had to return some faulty things, a couple of wrong sized things and I bought the links of London TSV for my daughter, didn't think it was worth money and sent that back. Looking at my account, as I don't order very much now, the returns look dreadful and of course, they make no allowance for faulty or 'wrong' items.

Will I survive without QVC? Of course. My bank balance would LOVE me to be banned forever lol!

Last edited:
i always have to sign for my parcels from hermes too, but if i'm not in my guy usually leaves with with my neighbour who never goes out and i've told him before is very trustworthy.

I have always found that, whenever I return an item, it takes ages for it to get back to the warehouse, and show up on the system. It is processed eventually. You just have to be patient.

My courier just chucks them over the fence and it has been known to lie in the rain for a couple of days, no card left.

My postie is great, so I always prefer RM.

I returned a vac by courier and it took ages and several emails and reminders to have it registered as a return and refund.

I returned an expensive camera by RM and was emailed within a few days saying it was received.

Likewise I haven't bought much lately and have returned most that but I no longer worry about the letter as I have fallen out of love with Q so couldn't care less if I never bought anything again.

My Hermes man is fab and we have an agreed place to leave stuff if I am out. I know what time he delivers and can see when stuff is out for delivery so it works well. My postie takes things to the local Post Office if no one is in and they can be collected 24 hours later.

I think a lot depends on the actual delivery person as to how accommodating they are and possibly prepared to bend the rules as to signatures etc.

The last courier who was redirected to my workplace took photos of the place! We were told that the nominated taker in of the parcel would have to produce THEIR AND MY passport! What the hell!

Latest posts

Back