Ronen Chen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DMS

Registered Shopper
I am currently tuned into QVC which doesn't happen a lot lately and thought 'oh, a new range', but then caught sight of the astronomical pricing of it............. a cardigan £134.00 plus £5.95 postage................. a sleevesless vest top £131.00 with £5.95 postage.................. are they kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

I flicked on just before 3 for the Floral Home hour and saw Jackie Kabler in a nice striped dress...I nearly fell on the floor when I looked at the price..something like £235..God above, do they actually sell any of this stuff..?!

Shocking prices and the few items which have reviews don`t do too well. It`s the easy pays which draw people I think but even with easy pays I can`t understand why people pay through the nose for clothes/bags/shoes/jewellery etc.

I have to agree. i always buy 90% of my clothes from charity shops, or places like Peacocks etc. Can you imagine having spent £250 on a dress, to then spill something on it and ruin it!! I think the same about jewellery, wear £150 pair of earrings, lose one, eeerrr.......cry! one of my mates bought a brand new pair of shoes, £45 ish, left them in the kitchen in the evening and the puppy chewed them and ruined them! people must have more money than sense to spend such vast amounts on things which so easily can be ruined/lost. While I'm here, Kim and Co is getting a bit exorbitant isnt she!!! Watched for 10+ years and she is just creeping those prices up...

We've got a Boundary Mill store recently opened near us and the prices there are amazing. Windsmoor dresses for £49. Alexon dresses for £29. I've done all my holiday shopping there already!!

Polyester too - what I checked out anyway.

Maybe Polyests are becoming extinct :wink:

If you compare the Q prices with those on the RC official website, you're getting a bargain! I have never heard of this person before, so to spend the kind of money the range seems to demand is ludicrous. Because I'm a size 4-6, fashion on the Q is a no go area for me anyway.

I flicked on just before 3 for the Floral Home hour and saw Jackie Kabler in a nice striped dress...I nearly fell on the floor when I looked at the price..something like £235..God above, do they actually sell any of this stuff..?!

I liked that dress a lot as well really liked it and would have bought it if it was half that price. I liked the way the stripes of the bottom half were sewn together.

I liked that dress a lot as well really liked it and would have bought it if it was half that price. I liked the way the stripes of the bottom half were sewn together.

Me too..and I love black & white...stripes, polka dots, block squares, whatever, but no way would I (or COULD I!) pay a price like that for a dress..I would most definitely be looking for the coat, shoes, hat & bag included!

(mum writes)

I thought the added insult was trying to flog a £300 LG handbag with one dress. Apart from being rude to the guest, the whole ensemble would have cost more than I would pay, even if I was rich! Who are QVC aiming themselves at now? TK Maxx in Brighton has just reopened and I love shopping in there. If you're prepared to look hard you can pick up some cracking clothes at knock-down prices. This week's bargain was a £365 knee length shirt jacket, by Isabel Marant, reduced to £50! It had a mark on it so I had the gall to ask for a further reduction and they took another 20% off. BUT, I can't shop on my own, so my son has to come with me and he's banned me from there for at least a week! I've only waited 18 months for it to reopen and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms already :)

I also agree that K&Co are overpriced now. I've been wearing a pair of her trousers this week and they make me sweat!

I love the bags in TK Maxx too - got a lovely Osprey one from there and a new laptop bag

I love the bags in TK Maxx too - got a lovely Osprey one from there and a new laptop bag

Oh me too. I saw a lovely bright red Osprey bag in John Lewis and it was about £260. I joked with a friend "I'll wait until it turns up in TKMax". That was before I had ever seen Osprey there. About two months later there it was online. With postage it was £62! How sick would I have been to have bought it in JL!

I am on the look out for a laptop bag now too :)

Latest posts

Back