ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
SBC 10 Piece Discover SBC Skincare Collection

QVC Price: £31.50
One Time Only Price :£25.96
P&P: £4.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...word=208449&uattrmb=&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

This 10-piece collection includes a host of beauty treats to introduce you to, or make you more familiar with, the SBC brand. With its many beautiful shower and bath products, this collection will have you feeling clean and smelling delicious.

Contains:
1 x Collagen 3 in 1 Cleanser (100ml) - removes all traces of make-up, dirt, oil and impurities
1 x Collagen Bath & Shower Creme (100ml) - cleanses, moisturises and cares for skin
1 x Collagen Skincare Gel (100ml) - a moisturising face and body gel to help address the appearance of fine lines
1 x Rose & Argan Oil Skincare Gel (100ml) - aims to provide a feeling of comfort, relief and coolness
1 x Rose & Argan Oil Bath & Shower Gel (100ml) - a blend of argan oil, chamomile and exotic passion flower oil
1 x Jasmine & EPO Shower Creme (100ml) - aims to cleanse, balance and clarify both skin and mood
1 x Propolis Skincare Gel (100ml) - this nurturing gel can be especially helpful on chapped skin
1 x Arnica Shower Creme (100ml) - designed to soothe and ease away aches and tensions
1 x Aloe Vera Skincare Gel (100ml) - recommended for overheated, dry and stressed skin
1 x Jasmine & EPO Skincare Gel (100ml) - provides balancing and clarifying care for every skin type
1 x Facial Shammy - a hygienic cloth to remove all traces of cleanser residue

Drawn to this as well, but still not getting it. I want the Laura Geller TSV and I really need to curb my spending my a while, as the Yankee Candle auto delivery turned up earlier in the week and I burn less of the large jars in the summer months, I bought the Lola Rose OTO the other day because I liked it and it was an OTO and only last week I booked my summer holiday for next year. lol!

Am drawn to it because I like those small sizes. It is a bit of repeat of the 8 collection though which sold out.

I find the range of gels a bit baffling; apart from maybe the Collagen, Arnica and Propolis there seem to be a range of gels with no specific purpose other than to vaguely soothe and cool? I've always liked the Leg Soothing Gel, but now there's Lavender, Evening Primrose, Rose & Argan, Cotton, where Aloe Vera would adequately do the "soothing" and the alcohol content in any of them causes the cooling effect.

I've tried to listen to the shows but I can't get to grips with the different purposes. Oh yes just remembered I have a bottle of "Echinacea" gel on the go but now I use any gel that's close to hand for it's "cooling" (IE evaporating alcohol) effect when I wake up with a menopausal flush. They all work very well, I can apply a couple of pumps on to the back of my neck, arms and legs without turning on the bathroom light and I've cooled down by the time I get back into bed sufficiently to get back to sleep.

I quite fancy the new camphor gel but I've banned myself from buying any SBC until my gel ocean has dwindled to less embarrassing proportions! I really wanted to like SBC but I think I was dazzled by the pretty colours and fell for the "value" of sets that included "Vitamin E" gel and "Calendula" and the list goes on...

Does anyone really know the differences? Can you decipher the wooly descriptions "calming yet uplifting" "balancing" cooling and soothing". Why did QVC sell me 250ml of cucumber eye gel when my literal actual eye area will never use 250ml in my life time (they sell it in 500ml too but maybe that's for salons?).

I find the range of gels a bit baffling; apart from maybe the Collagen, Arnica and Propolis there seem to be a range of gels with no specific purpose other than to vaguely soothe and cool? I've always liked the Leg Soothing Gel, but now there's Lavender, Evening Primrose, Rose & Argan, Cotton, where Aloe Vera would adequately do the "soothing" and the alcohol content in any of them causes the cooling effect.

I've tried to listen to the shows but I can't get to grips with the different purposes. Oh yes just remembered I have a bottle of "Echinacea" gel on the go but now I use any gel that's close to hand for it's "cooling" (IE evaporating alcohol) effect when I wake up with a menopausal flush. They all work very well, I can apply a couple of pumps on to the back of my neck, arms and legs without turning on the bathroom light and I've cooled down by the time I get back into bed sufficiently to get back to sleep.

I quite fancy the new camphor gel but I've banned myself from buying any SBC until my gel ocean has dwindled to less embarrassing proportions! I really wanted to like SBC but I think I was dazzled by the pretty colours and fell for the "value" of sets that included "Vitamin E" gel and "Calendula" and the list goes on...

Does anyone really know the differences? Can you decipher the wooly descriptions "calming yet uplifting" "balancing" cooling and soothing". Why did QVC sell me 250ml of cucumber eye gel when my literal actual eye area will never use 250ml in my life time (they sell it in 500ml too but maybe that's for salons?).

You've nailed precisely my problem with this range, AND you made me laugh!

I've got gallons of the stuff I'm still working through, but I've only got vague ideas about what to do with it in what situations. You can't be doing with watching a video of the presentation just to remind you what you "could" do with it.... put it on the bottles, or if it's too much [salon secret, remember, and the therapists probably do know what to do with it] - do a fact sheet/recipe book that can be put on the website (SBC or QVC, I'm not fussy) and we could print it off and cocktail and treat ourselves to our heart's content.

One thing that did stick with me was about the + and - on the label. This means you can use it as the slip medium for your electronic toner machines apparently as it conducts the current to your muscles, apparently. I have tried it and it seemed to work very well.

You nailed it. Propolis, collagen and arnica are the ones I have on the go at any one time. The rest... No. What do we do with them! I have decided to abandon the collagen gel once I have used it up. Probably propolis too. I reckon the arnica will be my only repeat purchase but not too stock pile. Just as and when the kids need it :)

With SBC it`s a case of sorting the wheat from the chaff. So many gels but seemingly all doing a similar job. These collections are handy for people to try the brand and then decide which gels they prefer and which they`d use or buy again. I think I`ve tried almost all of their gels but nowadays the only ones I regularly use are the collagen and propolis.
My OH uses the arnica but he`s now converted to the menthol and camphor one which is a different kind of texture and is certainly soothing to aches and pains. It doesn`t evaporate like the other gels, it`s more creamy in texture and has to be properly massaged in. I liken the effect to a similar sensation when applying Vick but obviously the camphor gel can be used on joints, limbs or on the back, whereas Vick can`t.
I really dislike SBC shower gels, they make me itch big time so I`d never buy them again for that reason. I love applying the collagen gel to my chest, face and shoulders after my morning shower and before moisturiser and the propolis is great for insect bites, itchy patches, after epilating or generally soothing minor skin irritations but the other gels I`ve tried all seemed surplus to requirements.

Latest posts

Back