SBC advertising businesses on Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
Either SBC or Q are desperate for good reviews. I received a fb thread this morning linked to SBC and it appears they`re asking salons to contact them with positive feedback on SBC items in exchange for mentioning the salons on air. Here`s a copy and paste of the thread. Yet another sales ploy I should imagine.

**Calling all Spas & Salons that use SBC Gels**
We would like to invite you into an amazing opportunity that we have with QVC UK!
As you know, our products have been on ‪#‎QVC‬ for 20 years and in celebration of this, we have a ‪#‎MiniSeries‬ on QVC UK in April.
We would like professional testimonials from those who have used ‪#‎SBC‬ within the industry regularly, so that we can use the reviews on air. If your customers have any great feedback on your SBC treatments, we would love to hear these too!
Should you feel that you would like to take part in this exciting promotional opportunity, we would like to use your business name and job title on air. Please contact [email protected] or call 01449 727070.

Lots of businesses will ring in just for the advertising, their feedback might not actually be true. I think customer not professional feedback is more important or before you know it we`ll be swamped with ads for all kinds of businesses who say they use anything Q sells, from beauty products to garden fertiliser. Hope this isn`t the thin end of the wedge turning Q into nothing but adverts. We get so little information as it is, with presenters constantly tweeting, facebooking, ipadding and talking over the guests.

The plot thickens. Another feed came through from the SBC fb thread and it was a review from the Back To You Beauty Blog. Ironically if you go to the bloggers page every single item and brand is off Q and I`m sure I`ve seen the bloggers photo on one of DF`s groups. Surely Q can`t be trying to manipulate their feedback ? Or can they ?

The plot thickens. Another feed came through from the SBC fb thread and it was a review from the Back To You Beauty Blog. Ironically if you go to the bloggers page every single item and brand is off Q and I`m sure I`ve seen the bloggers photo on one of DF`s groups. Surely Q can`t be trying to manipulate their feedback ? Or can they ?

Would that happen to be the "Back to you Beauty page"? If it is thats Debbies best mates Sharon Harveys page , So of course everything is stunning as there all freebies!!!

Now interestingly, someone posted at the weekend on Q Facebook selling herself and how good her reviews are. Some replied saying if she was looking for a job this was not the place. But someone else thought like me. She was a blogger wanting QVC to sent free stuff for her to review.

At the moment in the blogging world there is a row going on about bloggers getting paid by brands to review their products.

I'm torn on this issue to be honest.

On the one hand, I suspect that this sort of thing goes on a lot behind the scenes with most companies. And not just Beauty companies. No different to getting a 'sleb' to promote a product in a TV advert really. Let's be honest, Mel B didn't appear in those awful bingo adverts out of the goodness of her heart did she? No, it was all about the cold hard cash.

But, on the other hand, I just don't trust Q in the slightest.
Firstly, the BCC auction fiasco, and secondly, you've only got to read on this forum how many of us have had reviews rejected by them to see that something is amiss somewhere. (Incidentally, I've never had a review rejected by Amazon in the whole time I've shopped with them).

I don't know the answer, but I know I take whatever Q tell me with a huge pinch of salt.

You expect celebs to endorse products and that`s what they have agents for plus everybody know who they are, its plain to see they`re being paid to sell products but this QVC agenda just doesn`t sit right with me. It all seems a bit underhand and I doubt the product reviews are genuine. Not one single negative comment about any item on her blog and every single item sold by Q. Plus of all the blogs, in all the World, it just happens to be DF`s best mate`s blog which these Q companies are using on their fb pages and possibly other places.

Also SH was also one of the "chosen few" to be selected as an Elemis Elite customer before the last TSV and received the collection for free, there was up roar on the Elemis page at time.

W

Surprise surprise! Anything dodgy to do with QVC and you can trace it straight back to Debbie "bossy mc pushy" Flint. It's about time she was pulled up over her thinking QVC was invented especially for her and her self promotion.

My pet hate is anything purporting to be a "news" article which is just an advert which is why I never read Editors picks type of thing in magazines or those info commercials.

It should be crystal clear that something is an out and out advert either paid for in cash or freebie, anything else is a con to the unsuspecting.

Nitpick alert.
Maybe Ms Flint should check her friend's blog and teach her how to use the apostrophe.
End of nitpick.

Latest posts

Back