Scanner Guard 4 Pack TSV 23/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is the presenter Gill Gauntlet? I've got to the point when she presents that I would not buy anything that she is promoting. I do not trust her at all.

Yes it is.

I'm surprised she hasn't decorated her house with them, she seems to do so with everything else she sells...

I feel a bit the same about GG. I really do think that, having dedicated experts is essential to maximise sales, is key. We sell Dyson and, whilst we know them in and out, we do have a Dyson rep in store. Having said that, her products are so diverse, how could they, practically, have an expert for each one? To be depicted as an authority on Christmas lights and, adversely, on security products, just doesn't gel. They are not exactly in the same category. Security is a much more serious issue, as opposed to decoration; how many people will trust her, consequently, when she tries to convince us we need to be extra vigilant when it comes to our own safety? tbh, it matters not to me what either the guest or the presenter spouts; I know if I want to buy something and will, subsequently, do my own research on said item, as I don't believe a word they say. They are sales people. Unlike myself, they do not have to answer personally to customers; I know that if I mislead my customers, they will come into store and confront me with any issue they may have and, as someone who prides herself on being customer focused, I will solve it for them. The poor CS team at the Q, have to deal with any irate customers.

If the customer isn't liable for any losses from their account resulting from their card being cloned AND if the banks perceived a real danger of RFID scanning they'd be handing out bits of metal to their customers as they stand to lose out the most from "unprotected" cards wandering around the dreaded highstreet ripe for scanning.

Every time I see either Ann Dorrington (?) or Gill Gauntlet I am transported back to the Ideal Home Exhibition in Belfast when market traders from the mainland came and sold us tat guaranteed to clean your oven etc.

I was sucked into the spiel -none of them had the same results at home. Ah but I was Young and green I'm so much wiser now (as Bob Dylan would say).

I caught a glimpse of the tsv and the roller thing that replaces a shredder...I thought "ah, it's scaremongering hour again"! Someone must be falling for it though :-/

If the customer isn't liable for any losses from their account resulting from their card being cloned AND if the banks perceived a real danger of RFID scanning they'd be handing out bits of metal to their customers as they stand to lose out the most from "unprotected" cards wandering around the dreaded highstreet ripe for scanning.

Exactly so. It's selling you something you don't need purely by trying to scare you into buying it. It's like the man who looks and sounds like an ex bailiff who sells that 'alarm' thing that turns a light on if you bang on the wall. If something can only be sold through scare tactics, then chances are it's a bad product.

Latest posts

Back