Seasalt coming to Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I ordered a top from Seasalt to check the sizing, as it was free post regardless of cost as a welcome offer, and two from Navabi as it was 15% off as a welcome offer and they were both in the sale. So hurrah, maybe some new ranges to bolster my M&S selections, and boo hiss, money spent when I shouldn't have!!!!!

Will you let us know about sizing etc when you get a chance please?

I've got a raincoat and skirt from Seasalt, both in a size 12 and as a 'healthy' size 14, both still fit me fine, although the coat is a little snug over the chesticles.

Yes, I'm interested in that too. Also for more info on navabi - ie are they a good site & trustworthy enough to do overseas business with etc - ykwim....

One thing I did like about Seasalt - in Padstow, they let me take my doggie in with me - however Padstow is v dog friendly & that is actually the norm...(Well behaved dogs only - don't spoil it for the responsible owners) Thanks goodness Obie didn't wee (he's intact) but I was watching him like a hawk & he knew Mummy meant business....

I've got a raincoat and skirt from Seasalt, both in a size 12 and as a 'healthy' size 14, both still fit me fine, although the coat is a little snug over the chesticles.

Do you have large knockers then? :mysmilie_15: :mysmilie_13:

Sorry T , couldn't resist & I think you'll find this funny...

I wanted to use the 'T' word for comedy effect but wasn't brave enough....

Last edited:
Do you have large knockers then? :mysmilie_15: :mysmilie_13:

Sorry T , couldn't resist & I think you'll find this funny...

I wanted to use the 'T' word for comedy effect but wasn't brave enough....

Heh heh heh, knockers just makes me think of Carry On films, oooh matron! Much better than the 't-word' :mysmilie_17:

Heh heh heh, knockers just makes me think of Carry On films, oooh matron! Much better than the 't-word' :mysmilie_17:

I only use the T word for comedy effect....any other way, it's a bit rude, see also 'titties'....Yes, agree about 'knockers'... V funny. Glad you can laugh & not 'get offended', as so many do nowadays....(complete new thread)

Yes, I'm interested in that too. Also for more info on navabi - ie are they a good site & trustworthy enough to do overseas business with etc - ykwim....

Rather late in the day, I have looked these two companies up on Trustpilot. Seasalt has generally positive comments, and they reply to each one which is very rare. Navabi has lots of five star reviews on the clothes, but mainly one star reviews on the subject of returns. Apparently they take forever to process them. So I hope my items fit! I must admit that if I had bothered to check beforehand, I might have thought twice before ordering from Navabi, or would only have got one of the two items. I'm annoyed with myself now!

Went to lunch with a friend recently and she had on a lovely striped jersey cocoon dress in the perfect colour palette for her. I complimented her on it, she really did look fabulous, and she told me it was from Navabi. Apparently she buys a lot of their stuff.

Seasalt provide specific measurements for each garment which is useful, as well as an overall Size Guide. In the main I find them a generous fit and can size down often.

A lot of their styles are not for me, but I love their Cotton tops rather than sweaty Polyester a la Kim & Co etc. I do wish they did more plain colours though, as I am not too keen on their scenic and seaside type prints.

I must check out the Navabi website.

I placed my Seasalt and Navabi orders on Monday, around 12.30, and neither has been despatched yet. Is this the norm, does anyone knkw?

One thing I did like about Seasalt - in Padstow, they let me take my doggie in with me - however Padstow is v dog friendly & that is actually the norm...(Well behaved dogs only - don't spoil it for the responsible owners) Thanks goodness Obie didn't wee (he's intact) but I was watching him like a hawk & he knew Mummy meant business....

Yes my local Seasalt has the doggie water bowl out as do many cafes & shops around here as it is doggie paradise.Being a dog lover and without now it is nice to see a more relaxed approach to dogs in UK.Abroad I got used to seeing dogs in the best of restaurants and shops.Of course it is not everyone’s cup of tea but if you have responsible owners and well behaved pets! I know I had to keep a keen eye on my little terrier he loved to mark his territory!

Can’t take my spaniel anywhere where food is served! He’s really well behaved, until he gets a sniff of some grub, then all bets are off! He’d be on everyone’s lap, with his big spaniel eyes. Whatcha got? Can I have a bit? Please? Pretty please? Go on, jussa lil bit? A lil bitty bit?

My dear departed Border Terrier pee'd on my aunt's £600 sideboard :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_495: Not invited back lol.

CC

We've all been there....

When I first took Obie to my Moms', he promptly did a poo under the kitchen table. It's about an hours drive away, so he'd been 'cooking it' up the motorway. Of course he'd had plenty of time to 'empty' in the garden before coming in.

Beaches, sandcastles & windbreaks are tricky for us too.

Once when visiting friends who had a dog themselves my terrier decided to cock a leekie & I was so embarrassed but they created mayhem which made me feel worse.I would have treated it as an unfortunate accident and cleaned up but would never make someone feel so ashamed as they made me feel.

She was in a 12, "my usual size". The tv adding pounds was true in the days of analogue, not now we have digital. I've posted previously that my Mr T & I prefer concerts & plays to eating out & we've seen many people on stage who look exactly the same size as they do on tv.

How the eye sees things in real life is a different perspective to how it sees things through a TV screen. Digital TV does not affect that.

I've bought from Navabi for a few years and never had a problem. The use DHL. They are a very large online retailer based in Germany and reputable. They have good sales. I've not had a problem with returning items, sure you have to wait a couple of weeks from posting the item back to get a refund but I expect that when dealing with an overseas order. You get a reply paid label which they can process at the Post Office, and a posting receipt. I do know someone who did have a problem, the return went missing and it took a while to sort. They may not be so attractive to order from it we end up having to pay import duty.

Once when visiting friends who had a dog themselves my terrier decided to cock a leekie & I was so embarrassed but they created mayhem which made me feel worse.I would have treated it as an unfortunate accident and cleaned up but would never make someone feel so ashamed as they made me feel.

Are they still your friends???

Not very nice. **** happens. Friends should have known better having a dog themselves. Little kids poo their pants all the time & I bet they did themselves when small.

Just a little update on my order. Ordered Monday, Seasalt despatched Wednesday and due today (hope I'm in!). Navabi, no progress. I emailed last night and they did answer by 8 this morning, so tick for that, but apparently the processing of my order has stopped for no obvious reason. Not impressed by that. I ordered something from Amazon yesterday, already sent out. So I am not feeling the love for Navabi at the moment. Will update on sizing when I receive something!

Latest posts

Back