Season's Greetings...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just returned from Aldi where I saw two venerable people get a good ticking off for wearing their masks as chinstraps. The woman's response was that they found it difficult to breathe at which point their assailant said that for months we'd been following rules to protect the likes of them, her business was hanging by a thread & her daughter's exams were in doubt so if they couldn't/wouldn't wear masks properly they should get someone to do their shopping for them. She burst into tears, abandoned her trolley & ran out but left her bag on the hook so I went legging after her. When I returned others were also saying how selfish they were but not that politely. It was a bit of colour on a drab January morning.

I've just returned from Aldi where I saw two venerable people get a good ticking off for wearing their masks as chinstraps. The woman's response was that they found it difficult to breathe at which point their assailant said that for months we'd been following rules to protect the likes of them, her business was hanging by a thread & her daughter's exams were in doubt so if they couldn't/wouldn't wear masks properly they should get someone to do their shopping for them. She burst into tears, abandoned her trolley & ran out but left her bag on the hook so I went legging after her. When I returned others were also saying how selfish they were but not that politely. It was a bit of colour on a drab January morning.
Blimey, they’re a feisty lot round your way, Twilight! Maybe it explains why you are like you are! 😜 😉

Blimey, they’re a feisty lot round your way, Twilight! Maybe it explains why you are like you are! 😜 😉
We're on the edge of the Black Country, an area that was full of engineering companies & foundries since the Industrial Revolution so the people are tough, salt of the earth individuals who tell it as it is. When I got back into the shop the old lady was saying she'd never been spoken to like that & another customer said that was obvious because if she had she wouldn't be so ****ing selfish & others clapped. I've never seen this happen in Waitrose :ROFLMAO:

I am in the Black Country too funny enough, had to go on a bus today to get some food shopping, as don't have a car and can't always get a delivery, saw two men get on at separate times wearing masks properly and as soon as they sat down they edged them down to their chins so they could drink their bottles of coke and cappuccinos, what is the point!!! Or do these drinks have vaccine giving properties? Mind you two were Wolves fans, enough said 🙄

I am in the Black Country too funny enough, had to go on a bus today to get some food shopping, as don't have a car and can't always get a delivery, saw two men get on at separate times wearing masks properly and as soon as they sat down they edged them down to their chins so they could drink their bottles of coke and cappuccinos, what is the point!!! Or do these drinks have vaccine giving properties? Mind you two were Wolves fans, enough said 🙄
I despair :mad:

I am in the Black Country too funny enough, had to go on a bus today to get some food shopping, as don't have a car and can't always get a delivery, saw two men get on at separate times wearing masks properly and as soon as they sat down they edged them down to their chins so they could drink their bottles of coke and cappuccinos, what is the point!!! Or do these drinks have vaccine giving properties? Mind you two were Wolves fans, enough said :rolleyes:
I despair :mad:
Likewise. Unfortunately, I think they are “within the rules” doing that, aren’t they? Or has that changed (if it actually was a thing that you can remove masks to eat or drink anywhere)? In any case, surely the guys could have waited ... unless that bus was destination Inverness?

PS So are you a stroppy, stand-your-ground sort of person like Twilight as well, Letz-be-avenue?
;)

We’ve just received our best gift for the new year. COVID Vaccine tomorrow. I never thought I would be so pleased to have a jab.
There are between 18.5 & 21 million, give or take a few thousand, in front of me & him in the vaccine queue. Given an uptake of 70% & whatever number of jabs they said they can administer weekly we'll be 'fully protected' sometime between the end of September & the beginning of November. I was laughing so much I didn't hear the old man say which year. My neighbour is a retired nurse, has volunteered for numerous roles throughout this crisis & heard nothing. She was approached in September to be part of a vaccination programme & everything reported in the media about the red tape clogging up the system is true, she can't believe the amount of pointless online rubbish she's had to wade through & still doesn't know if she'll be used.

Yes I can get a bit stroppy too sometimes, I try my best to be tolerant but there are some numptys around, dread to think what Boris is going to say tonight, god its depressing!
My tolerance went out the window some time ago & it's anger at the ineptitude of everyone 'in power' & the selfishness of the plebs that's keeping me going - I will not go under as I did last spring. If that lady hadn't said what she did this morning, I would have told this gormless couple much the same.

I dread to think what another lockdown will do to some people`s mental health ? Mr V runs a lot of keyworkers to care homes or hospitals and many are already burned out. He also sees the other side of the coin with people who have lost their jobs or are worried about their jobs and naturally concerned about their finances and their futures.
As for kids educations, well I shudder to think how many kids don`t or can`t do their online sessions or are missing out on even the basics such as the 4 or 5 year olds who are only just beginning. My 2 grand daughters are totally bored at home and missed their friends and their routines during the last full lockdown. Some parents must be tearing their hair out when trying to work and arrange suitable childcare because their child`s school is closed again.
Mr V`s grand daughter should be taking her A levels this year and his grandson should be doing GCSE`s but so far its looking as if neither will go ahead. His grand daughter is anorexic and the added uncertainty around her college education isn`t helping her.

No good whingeing and whining, it is what it is. I'm sick of hearing various talking heads on the tele saying what should be done - well if they're so clever why aren't they in parliament, and funny how they never offer a solution, only the problems. Everyone's a ****** critic these days. I can remember kids contracting diptheria and TB and were off school for weeks, and then sent off to convalesce, and they managed to catch up on their education. We live in the most technical age of our history, and there are still 'problems'.

The Tories has a scheme to offer laptops and tablets to families who cannot afford them. For distance learning . And they cancelled the scheme. Bojo just said back again well.lets see?

The big fanfare over the vaccine dancing in the streets from the powers that be. Yet, still spreading like wild fires.

I'm not great on politics, but honestly ? with what the world is facing I doubt if any party of any colour would be covered in glory in dealing with this virus. Damned if they do and damned if they don't whatever action they take. The NHS keep having millions thrown at it, but (and I'm saying this having worked there for many years) it disappears into the ether with little shown for it. Nurses on long term paid sick for 6 months, far too many managers on exorbitant salaries who do little except attend 'meetings', and the public would be aghast if they saw the amount of wastage of unused 'stuff' which ends up in the skip. I have friends who still work at the front line on the wards and tell me that things haven't changed since my retirement years ago.

My sister found Thomas Benjamin Wild Esq on YouTube & recommended his song 'This is :poop:'
Brilliant! I emailed the Tories earlier & said that someone needs to tell Gove to shut the f**k up because his miserable comments are just making a grim situation even worse.

They could always go sick en masse with full pay for 6 months, return to work for a fortnight then go off sick again for another 6 months (I've known that to happen). The government would soon cave in.

Latest posts

Back