Second jobs.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
QVC on in the background and, a remark meCharlie made, made me think. Catherine in the jewellery show is, as well as being a fabulous model, is also a stylist! Why is she modelling on a shopping channel, if she has such a talent? I do wonder that about some of the others, like Dawbags; she has her own business. Is Sara no longer acting? I can understand her working at the Q, as acting jobs can be rather sporadic. Look at Jules; he and his girlfriend had a business so perhaps he wasn't deemed committed enough.

The presenters are all self-employed. And work only part-time. It's not unusual for such people to have more than one interest, nor to get their income from multiple sources. Provided they don't interfere with their role with QVC, I can't see the company taking objection to that!

I wonder what all the men do then, to supplement their QVC income, as they surely can't earn enough to afford to live in the London area without other jobs.

Not all the presenters live in London. Some live in the outer reaches of London or in the Home Counties. Some of them commute from further afield (Jackie Kabler lives in Gloucestershire, Marv is based in Birmingham and comes down and stays overnight somewhere when she's got back-to-back days with awkward hours. Same with guest presenters and models, not all of whom are even based in the UK.

I imagine most people in the entertainment field have multiple jobs to keep the income coming in. Those presenters who have websites - you can see they are basically all guns for hire. They will have a contract with QVC (but who knows, it may be a zero hours one for all we know), and they will have other media work, plus their other interests. Micael and Craig are the only two men that appear to be London-based, and Chloe is or was in London - I remember during her first year, she ended up coming in to cover sickness and snow-days at very short notice.

For the others - it could be that for both male and female, their partners are the main earners.

I wonder what all the men do then, to supplement their QVC income, as they surely can't earn enough to afford to live in the London area without other jobs.

Charlie has been seen hanging round Soho offering his slow reveal to those willing to pay.

Dale well of course he is a male stripper in a go go bar, for the over 60s, in between bingo sessions he is also the bingo caller.

I expect DF sets her stall out sat/sun at all the nearby markets...I wonder if she's got a three wheeler car...:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back