• Other

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • High Street

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Best Eye Cream/Gel/Serum (Multiple Choice) ....

Ive gone by Brands rather than products as there are over 60!! and i can only have 25 options in the polls :)

It is Clarins Super-Restorative eye stuff for me. I have tried many over the years but always seem to end up at the Clarins counteer in the good old High Street.

Gale Hayman Eye Lift for me. It did absolutely nothing for my hooded eyes, but it's incredibly cooling and I do enjoy using it.

I voted for JW as I like her new Instant eyelid lift,however I really like Kiehls creamy eye treatment with avocado for moisturisation under my eyes.:mysmilie_48:

Judith Williams phytomineral for me - just finishing my second tube and it lasts ages. Got that mahoosive pot of it next from the winter TSV. Also voted for L'Occitane as I use it in the free sachets I keep collecting - but it's too expensive to buy full sizes. Also voted for Emma Hardie eye serum in the "other" section as that really is effective and for the couple of years I used it I really noticed it working.

In the main for me the lighter the product is, the happier my eyes are. I mostly go for light serum-type products.

QVC:

Gatineau - Melatogenine
Decleor - Hydrotenseur, Prolagene gel (I know it's not specifically intended for eyes, but it works for me)
Elemis - my favourite: Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye treatment, also use and like Pro-intense eye and lip contour
Alpha-h - Absolute (the pump is dreadful, but the contents are excellent)
L'Occitane - Precious eye balm (I occasionally use the Divine, but it's a bit rich)

I didn't vote for everything I've tried on QVC:
I've used two Prai eyecreams that they don't do anymore. Nice but not a wow
I sometimes use SBC Arnica gel - but it's got alcohol in it, so it's only when my eyes are really puffy that I'll use it

QVC tried and disliked:
Liz Earle
Gatineau Aquamemory rollon
Judith Williams LLB

Highstreet:
L'Occitane Angelica rollon - supercooling for those computer-dry eyes
Clarins - my ultimate absolute favourite for overnight: Skin-smoothing eye mask

Got but not yet tried:
Benefit
Murad

The extent of some of you ladies' product knowledge is very impressive!

Reason I like very light formulas is that I generally like to take it as close to the lashline as possible. You learn the hard way if you take the richer products up to the lashline: swollen puffy eyelids is not a good look. Anything richer has to be applied on the outer limits of the orbital socket for me otherwise I get irritation and an oily film on my eyes which interferes with my vision.

Okay I have never found a wonder eye product.

But two I have used really impressed me.

Radical,now I got a 5mls size free in a SpaceNK goodie bag(it was suppose to be a facial serum, but I got a much better deal), pump and a pin head size was all that was needed. It lasted me months, in fact only just finished it. I really liked it, eye felt great.

Algenist, another 5mls size of their eye balm from SpaceNK. Really liked this one, not too rich but skin round the eyes looked good.

I have very dark circles(sinus problems which no cream or serum will do anything about), but wrinkle wise I am pretty good with lack of them.

Was looking for the 'none' box as I've never found any eye cream that does anything ??!!

What kind of effect are you looking for - is it puffiness, bags, dark circles, skin texture...?

Which have you tried so far?

Have you tried any "traditional" treatments?

How about chilled, damp, used teabags? Or chilled teaspoons? I've heard of celebrities using haemerroid cream for under-eye bags...

Last edited:
Was looking for the 'none' box as I've never found any eye cream that does anything ??!!

Tbh thats what these polls are for , it allows members to give recommendations etc and hopefully you will find one that works for you :)

U
What kind of effect are you looking for - is it puffiness, bags, dark circles, skin texture...?

Which have you tried so far?

Have you tried any "traditional" treatments?

How about chilled, damp, used teabags? Or chilled teaspoons? I've heard of celebrities using haemerroid cream for under-eye bags...

Suppose I don't really understand why you need another product specially for eyes - I just use my moisturiser ( LE super skin being my moisturiser of choice - it smells nice and delivers a good level of hydration )
I guess I'm looking for that miracle cream that will fix laughter lines/ wrinkles.... Perhaps I'm just expecting too much , just every cream promises to deliver the world and I've never tried one that delivers anything

Suppose that's good for me because I save £££ by not believing the hype anymore

U

Suppose I don't really understand why you need another product specially for eyes - I just use my moisturiser ( LE super skin being my moisturiser of choice - it smells nice and delivers a good level of hydration )
I guess I'm looking for that miracle cream that will fix laughter lines/ wrinkles.... Perhaps I'm just expecting too much , just every cream promises to deliver the world and I've never tried one that delivers anything

Suppose that's good for me because I save £££ by not believing the hype anymore

Personally, I can think of a number of reasons why a different cream.
1. Skin is extremely thin around the eyes
2. Skin does not contain any oil or sweat glands
3. The musculature is orbital rather than linear (one of the reasons why eye and lip products are often linked, as the area round the mouth also has orbital muscles)
4. Products applied wick into the eye itself and can act as an irritant to the inside of lids or the eyeball itself

Personally, I would find superskin far too heavy and rich for the eye area, but if it works for you and it doesn't give you any issues and you are happy with the results then fair enough.

I do know what you mean about having a fruitless quest for an eye cream that meets your needs, though. I've tried loads to come up with what works for me. If you are trying to minimise lines and wrinkles, you might find the original Alpha-H absolute eye serum helpful, as it exfoliates the skin and allows newer skin to come forward.

I've also seen incredible results on wrinkles using L'Occitane Divine eye cream - but it's very expensive. If you've a L'occy shop near you, maybe ask them if you can have a sample to try (and/or have a quick go with it in the shop, as they normally have a tester pot)? It's very rich, so definitely not one for taking up to the lash line, in my experience (cue puffy eyes).

At the very least, using a product around the eyes should help you to slow down the rate at which you develop newer or deeper lines and wrinkles. If you want to get rid of them altogether, that might be unrealistic unless you want a quick fix cosmetic product, or want to go down the route of fillers and injectables.

Also be very careful of milla, tiny white spots, they are blocked pores. If a product is too rich or certain ingredients can cause this. Usually on the upper check or the eye area.

Okay I have never found a wonder eye product.

Like donna255 I haven't found a product I am happy with and constantly trying new ones I find.

My 'concern' is dark hereditary circles.

I've tried both of Liz Earle's products, Alpha-H's eye complex gel, Elemis' absolute eye and eye advanced, Lulu's Time Bomb black ops and smart balm and L'Occiatne's shea eye cream and the precious one. I'm sure I've tried more but can't think what they are.

I started using the new Alpha-H eye cream last night and I've got the new Elemis pro radiance eye product too.

After being a beauty bible tester I always test any product on only one side of my face and have never found any eye cream to make any difference
And TBH this is also true for moisturisers .... Other than differing levels of hydration Ive found them all get much of a much muchness.
I now only look for good hydration in a moisturiser as I've never found anything that delivers anything more .

I think we've all been conned by sales pitches promising the world

Like donna255 I haven't found a product I am happy with and constantly trying new ones I find.

My 'concern' is dark hereditary circles.

I've tried both of Liz Earle's products, Alpha-H's eye complex gel, Elemis' absolute eye and eye advanced, Lulu's Time Bomb black ops and smart balm and L'Occiatne's shea eye cream and the precious one. I'm sure I've tried more but can't think what they are.

I started using the new Alpha-H eye cream last night and I've got the new Elemis pro radiance eye product too.

Dark circles are probably the hardest thing! I've got them too. They get worse during spring and summer courtesy of hayfever for me. Nothing much really helps... just drinking more water and trying to get the best quality sleep.

There is a wonder eye cream (at least for me), and it's Strivectin, removes dark circles, less puffiness and seems to strengthen the delicate skin and works well on 'crows feet'. Not sure it's still available on Q but there was a small tube 7 ml at £12 and a 30 ml at £50 at some point.
ps: I voted 'other'

Latest posts

Back