Should I - - - - - ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
- - - - -
Screenshot (586).png
Should I post a question to ask which one is the hot one, and which is the cold?

I had similar, they don't keep coffee hot like they demonstrate. Lukewarm at best after half an hour.

CC
Thank goodness you posted that as since lockdown I bring everything from home to work (including hand soap) . I use a small old type flask from IKEA purchased years ago. The size is good and it keeps it warm but it sometimes leaks a bit so I was looking for a replacement which didn’t cost the earth and looked at this type of thing but don’t want 2.

If it doesn’t keep it boiling hot it’s no good to me!

I bought one go those metal flask cup things that are usually painted in a variety of colours. keep drinks really cold or really hot. No glass. They last forever I think I paid £6 in Wilko have had it for years!!

Or you could ask Debbie Flint. She’s bound to have tried them for free. She has definitely bought the insulated mugs.
I’ve amended that for you as you forgot the key point.

Do you need them though, would buying them have even entered your mind if you wouldn’t have seen them on the telly?...........if the answer is no to both, then you’ve got your answer.
Me all over. I need to write this on a yellow sticky note and attach it to my iPad.
(y)

Not a great lover of stainless steel flasks - to me the liquid has a 'metal' taste. Much prefer the old style vaccum flasks with glass inserts - they keep liquid hot for hours on end. For cold drinks I slip some ice cubes in which really works.

Me too! I can’t drink from those SS travel mugs. i can’t drink cold drinks in a cup or hot drinks from a glass (apart from Irish coffee or mulled wine)

well of course I could but it makes my teeth grate, like a nail down a blackboard

Not a great lover of stainless steel flasks - to me the liquid has a 'metal' taste. Much prefer the old style vaccum flasks with glass inserts - they keep liquid hot for hours on end. For cold drinks I slip some ice cubes in which really works.
I've had so many glass flasks break, and then all the contents leak out of the outer case, making mess everywhere.

So I was delighted when the unbreakable stainless steel flasks came out, although they were so expensive that I couldn't afford one for 10 years until the prices started coming down.

I got the set and really like them. Use them every day and they we’re god send last summer. Great for picnics and keep coffee really hot. Saved me a fortune in take away coffees (use nespresso maker and hot milk) Just don’t put them in the dishwasher as the covering flakes off

We have a Costa place in a small complex near us which of course is now just drive through take away. I’m always amazed at the number of cars queued up to get a takeaway coffee to drink where? In their car? Today there must have been 40 cars, I only drink coffee outside home if it’s a nice coffee shop/garden centre with at least a semblance of ambiance
your own flask as part of a picnic is one thing but sipping overpriced insipid liquid out of a wax cup in a car is of little interest to me.

Latest posts

Back