Showing repeats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I doubt I'd even twig that they were repeats because, whenever I watch IW (fleetingly, I might add,) they're always showing the same products with the same guests and the same dull spiel.

In a way, I admire the presenters because if I had to talk for an hour on the same old things I'd nod off with boredom (or snoredom.)

To discuss new products? :tongue:

One would hope. How long IW can go on with hour-long shows plugging just one item is beyond me.

And just rotating what seems like the same 10 products around their schedules ad infinitum - they need to start plugging ranges, and investing the time to build up consumer loyalty; you can't do that if all you sell are the kinds of products people would only buy one of, and would rarely need to replace once bought.

THIS is why I slate IW presenters and the channel - it's pure boredom. I don't know if IW can ever overtake QVC as a shopping channel, because based on the last 5+ years' worth of programmes no-one has any idea what IW wants to be or do. QVC has the aspirational lifestyle stuff, while the sit-up channels do the bought cheap and sold cheap: where does that leave IW? It doesn't have a clue, and it shows.

Even when it gets hold of something that could do well, it falls flat: that YBF product range had a built-in fanbase in the UK, and what did IW do with the range once they got it from QVC? Sod all. But they promote the Hell out of Elizabeth Grant and her Madeuppiumn range, not to mention Moira and her plastic bags and scarves. :taphead:

How can you stop a shopping channel for a meeting?! It's like an airline pilot calling all the air hostesses into the cockpit because he can see France from the window....

Like everyone else has said every hour is a repeat whether it's live or not.

Latest posts

Back