Simon Wilson's fashion sense!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
OMG he looks like Death warmed up - a grey corpse in a grey sheer silk blouse that looks like something Margaret Thatcher would have worn in the 80s. I don't know if he's trying to look "individual" or "out there," but in my view he just looks plain ridiculous. Don't guests get any kind of style assistance?

Simon Wilson has his own style... and I doubt anyone at QVC would dare to do more than offer him a dusting of powder (or a press of Mally's poreless face defender) to reduce shine.

I don't particularly like his dress sense, but it is quintessentially "him" to dress that way. I prefer how he dresses to the way the Penhaligon's guest does mixing up lots of patterned fabrics, or the way John Gustafsen (Gale Hayman guest) dresses. I still don't like the man (SW) - the other two men are much nicer on air. SW's far too rude to those who are "allowed" to model on his shows alongside Ali who obviously he adores. Not nice or professional of him, in my opinion.

The way he dresses is him and very "designer" They have to have their own Style to draw attention to themselves.I think of Harald and his Pompoos designs except I think he had more of a sense of humour .If I recall I think he had a particular model who came with him.He didnt take himself so seriously and his shows were fun.

SW doesn't seem to have a sense of humour which would make a difference I think.

its a funny thing re how people come across on tv and again in real life. simon wilson is really funny and helpful. i met him in his south molton street shop. mulling around and i had to chat to him and get him to help me choose an item.

the penhaligan man is an utter snob. he was rude and even slightly offensive towards me. his clothes i suspect are to represent the opulance and floral,natural nature of penhaligans. put me off the brand tbh

Penhaligon's sweetie class class class, don't you know:mysmilie_17:. Oh but you can buy it greatly reduced in TKMaxx now.:mysmilie_19: I managed to grab Iris Prima for £29.99 the other week. And loads of others from them there too. Makes QVC's buying power and the prestige of the brand look a little differently:mysmilie_59:

Simon Wilson has his own style... and I doubt anyone at QVC would dare to do more than offer him a dusting of powder (or a press of Mally's poreless face defender) to reduce shine.

I don't particularly like his dress sense, but it is quintessentially "him" to dress that way. I prefer how he dresses to the way the Penhaligon's guest does mixing up lots of patterned fabrics, or the way John Gustafsen (Gale Hayman guest) dresses. I still don't like the man (SW) - the other two men are much nicer on air. SW's far too rude to those who are "allowed" to model on his shows alongside Ali who obviously he adores. Not nice or professional of him, in my opinion.

Yes, I remember Renee who also modelled for him - but she has long since disappeared (where?). No doubt that Ali is attractive, but I think she's a slice short of the full loaf; on today's show Julia asked her if she was wearing the 'clear' necklace, - no answer, again Julia asked, - no answer; then on the close up monitor it was revealed she was wearing a 'grey' version, the same as Julia. Surely the woman must have known what she was wearing. I swear some of these models have the lights on but no-ones at home mentality.

As for Simon, he can be cutting, in that 'gay man' sort of way, so its to be expected, but I do find it a bit naff that ageing designers/popstars (fashion or otherwise) still try to be pensioner 'edgy' i.e. Simon only wears Converse trainers. I KNOW, its their choice, but just saying.

Yes, I remember Renee who also modelled for him - but she has long since disappeared (where?). No doubt that Ali is attractive, but I think she's a slice short of the full loaf; on today's show Julia asked her if she was wearing the 'clear' necklace, - no answer, again Julia asked, - no answer; then on the close up monitor it was revealed she was wearing a 'grey' version, the same as Julia. Surely the woman must have known what she was wearing. I swear some of these models have the lights on but no-ones at home mentality.

As for Simon, he can be cutting, in that 'gay man' sort of way, so its to be expected, but I do find it a bit naff that ageing designers/popstars (fashion or otherwise) still try to be pensioner 'edgy' i.e. Simon only wears Converse trainers. I KNOW, its their choice, but just saying.

Yes, I know what you mean. I remember that Harald with his PooPoos designs sometimes wore some odd things. He was more likeable than Simon Wilson though, who just lacks any sense of likeability whatsoever.

Latest posts

Back