Slap The Head Moment-Join Clothing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Had a look at the Join clothing range. £250 for a dress! Just as well, there aren't any photos. The two pictures that were in the MeetThe... section were enough to know OneSizeFitsAlll is not a good look. Though I shall tune in to the show for Entertainment and Guffawing! What fun to see the models try to make them look good, arms extended, twirling! Ha! The one top looks like it was made by TenbyTentAndAwning - apologies if such a company exists. That top would take up half the suitcase for your holiday/cruise/second home jaunt. Note to self-must get popcorn in for that gala night extravaganza. x SmarmySnarly

Check out the Fardi pants. Why can I now not get the song Babooshka out of my head?!! If anything this stuff makes Moira C's Pants on a rope look almost normal. Almost;-) Do like the fact that a lot of is silk but my backside in acres of billowing fabric would be very barage-ballon-esque. And I don't even know what a barage balloon is.

this looks as if it had great entertainment value, when is it on? Oh Snarly you make me laugh out loud, have had hectic stressful few days at work and have just laughed at loud at the thought of the tent and awning company creating "fashion" for our fave shopping channel

I can't see that a size 8 woman would want to be swamped in those clothes. And plus-size women want flattering fool-the-eye shaping, not yards of material. I want my arms covered up but not with swathes of fabric. Those sleeves are gonna drip in the gravyboat. The kick-off is Friday, 8pm, SilverSequin, for your EndOfWeek winding down. Thanks Durou for the link, I'm off to check the site. With 24 hours to go, surely Q can post photos on the site; must check. Maybe some will like the clothes, but I thought the prices high IMO. At least, it's a change. x Snarly

Thanks Snarly.....just jettisoned my coffee down my nose reading this thread & looking at the website! Hilarious! Do billowing clothes suit anyone? Will be watching for snigger value...

Thanks Snarly.....just jettisoned my coffee down my nose reading this thread & looking at the website! Hilarious! Do billowing clothes suit anyone? Will be watching for snigger value...

And its being presented by JILL FRANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

JF !!!! BE prepared for plenty of "I'm loving this" and lots of " yep, yep, yep "

Noticed that the edge to edge velvet jacket isn't even lined !!!!! for the £118 they want, and dont get me started on the 'draped blouson top' - the worst possible top for us girls with big arms. Nothing worse than having them flap against your body under a garment that doesn't fit under your arms. Sounds like a round of applause. Not pleasant. And now we are coming into the winter months, can anyone explain how we are supposed to wear a coat over it ??????

Just had a peek - exactly the kind of clothes I don't like! Surely Jill Franks will look awful in all these swathes of fabric. To be fair to JF though, (and I'm not her biggest fan), she was wearing a Nina Leonard top last night and it actually fitted her properly so it suited her. Can't see any of this Join stuff being flattering on anyone. The pictures on the website are horrid.

CC

I like some of the designs, but don't see one-size working for QVC.

Eh, yer wot? One size.......? On QVC........?

:mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483:

OMG, they are going to be buried under an avalanche of returns of this range........! :mysmilie_854:

It'll all be in Clearance at last click prices quicker than you can wink.

Perhaps even quicker than that... On the new site I found a 'Web Firsts' drop-down, and it took me to a page full of Last Clicks items!

Tonight, 8 o'clock ...

JillFranks presenting? It gets better and better. We just need BethTheModel 'pinging' the fabric off her hips and FrankieTheModel not knowing what to do with her arms in those voluminous sleeves. I saw a dress in a vt and it's a very pretty blue but the 'bustle of fabric' on either hip? Uh-uh! TooMuchaDaMoney for me and am on a BecomeTheSlinkySnarly diet so will wait and buy clothes when I've reached my goal size. See you, in spirit, at 8 lovelies. Then quick to this forum at 9! lol x Snarly

I reckon it'll be the 2 goalposts doing the modelling i.e. Goody & Sharon. Goody will be wearing that black hat that she's superglued to and doing the fabric 'ping', and Sharon will be in overdrive like Batman wafting the arms in those marquee sleeves. Cant wait.

Latest posts

Back