Smashbox Halo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Anne

Registered Shopper
Haven't watched any QVC for ages but have just seen this when browsing the website. I currently use Philosophy Supernatural but was wondering what Halo was like. Will it cover up redness across my cheeks. Thanks

Hi Anne,

I'm not sure about covering redness - may I suggest perhaps dropping a PM to Jayne (justbeautydirect) and asking the question? I'm positive she will be able to guide you.

I do adore Halo though, a little goes a long way and the coverage is great. It's so good that i've put my BE Mineral Veil to one side!

It's done nothing for me Anne - I've tried it on it's own and over foundation - nada - sorry!

Hi Anne
It seems a bit of a love hate product really - it doesn't to me have the coverage of a foundation, but I do like it over a tinted moisturiser or even just over primer for everyday wear. I still use concealer under eyes though.
We have a Halo 'try me service' - more really as a colour match as the product is designed to be grated fresh for each application - for maximum hydration, but the try me service is very popular.

With regard to covering redness I think it will depend in how much coverage you need. It doesn't cover the few broken capillaries I have, but over concealer it does give a lovely finish to the skin.

That's right - come in with your Queen Pussy and undermine me - I don't care! :17: :28:

lol

muttley It's wierd thought, isn't it, that one product - be it Halo or anything else - can have such varying results depending on the person?

sure is Loops

BTW I meant to ask - how did you find O Plump?

Ha ha, funny you should ask - was trying to tidy my tip of an office this morning and found the O Plump under a pile of post! I really like it - all of these so called plumping glosses are much of a muchness, but I do like the way this one slightly colours the lips too. :10:

That's right - come in with your Queen Pussy and undermine me - I don't care! :17: :28:

lol

Take no notice of that woman with the Queen pussy Fraggle sweetheart, I love the Halo too and it does cover my redness although I still use one of the BE bisques to conceal anything that doesn't cover.

Another Halo lover here though I use it more like a finishing powder after foundation, buff it in & it really does hide a multitude.

I love Halo - I am very fair with some redness over my cheeks - it covers mine just fine but then I suppose it depends how red the redness is, if you get what I mean. I much prefer Halo to the Philosophy one which I found drying. Halo gives you a gleam (not a gloss!) and is my fave foundation. I use it over either the Smashbox primer, or over Philosophy The Present and it works just fine with both.

It doesnt have the same coverage as the Airbrush but I found that that one showed up open pores. I love the Halo . i have some broken veins and redness and i dont have a problem with it. Natural look not cakey. Let us know how you get on!
Carol

I love Halo - IMHO it is better than the philosphy. I use a concealer on the bad/red bits first then a quick dust over. It gives a lovely gleam to the skin without being too shiny and is not as cakey as the philosphy.

As said above you will find loads of people who love it and load who don't it is simply a matter of try and see.

I tried it when it was part of a TSV a while back, think I ordered the light as I use BE fairly light but I found it made me look ghostly when I tried it even my husband commented and I didn`t like the look of it on my skin didn`t look as natural as the BE

I tried it when it was part of a TSV a while back, think I ordered the light as I use BE fairly light but I found it made me look ghostly when I tried it even my husband commented and I didn`t like the look of it on my skin didn`t look as natural as the BE

Agreed. I like Halo but find the colours tricky. Light made me look ghostly too and I had to warm it up with something afterwards. Tried the next shade but that was too dark so as I now stupidly own both I use a mix of the two!

Annoying though, so for long term use I wish they would sort the colours because there were plenty of people who said the same about the light shade.

I do the same - light is too pale and medium is too dark so I mix a bit of both at this time of year - medium is ok for me in the summer.

I love Halo which I also have from when it was in a TSV and I now wouldn't be without it having previously been a BE user (but finding that rather messy). However, I do always have to put a few strokes of Laura Geller Balance n Brighten on top of the Halo to warm it up a bit. Another Smashbox product I love to use over Halo is the Fusion Softlights which I have in Guru from an old TSV. Whenever I use that combination I get told I look radiant (in a nice way!), glowing, or "well" so it must be good stuff!

I do the same - light is too pale and medium is too dark so I mix a bit of both at this time of year - medium is ok for me in the summer.

Haven't used it in the summer yet so look forward to trying. Having said that I self tan all year and sunblock so not really expecting much difference. Its so much darker!

I love Halo which I also have from when it was in a TSV and I now wouldn't be without it having previously been a BE user (but finding that rather messy). However, I do always have to put a few strokes of Laura Geller Balance n Brighten on top of the Halo to warm it up a bit.

I could have written that! Ditto :)

Latest posts

Back