Smashbox Pulling out of QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks I've bought it on your recommendation. £22 with a complimentary 7g PHOTO FINISH LUMINIZING PRIMER
and free delivery.

I really hope you like it as much as I do! I got the free primer too when I ordered, but gave it to my daughter as it made me look like a shiny oompah loompah! Let me know how you get on with the targeted pore and line primer x

Okay I was interested in this.

15 hr limitless cream eyeshadow

On QVC it is £21.75 plus £2.95 shipping.

Now yes there is a brush, but I did a google and watched a few demos using just your fingers to apply. Also I bet most of us will have a brush which will do.

So on the Smashbox UK site it is only £15, with free shipping and a large sample included. No brainer really.

I really hope you like it as much as I do! I got the free primer too when I ordered, but gave it to my daughter as it made me look like a shiny oompah loompah! Let me know how you get on with the targeted pore and line primer x

Sadly the targetted pore did nothing for me and I'm back to using Laura Geller's champagne primer which isn't great either. I don't have a greasy skin these days so makeup does stay where I put it. The free primer was too dark for me - possibly would be better now as I've just applied fake tan!

It was free outward postage and only cost 90p to return so it was worth a try.

So thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Sadly the targetted pore did nothing for me and I'm back to using Laura Geller's champagne primer which isn't great either. I don't have a greasy skin these days so makeup does stay where I put it. The free primer was too dark for me - possibly would be better now as I've just applied fake tan!

It was free outward postage and only cost 90p to return so it was worth a try.

So thanks for the recommendation anyway.

I'm so sorry! I feel bad for recommending it now! I should know by now that what suits one person perfectly is completely hopeless for someone else.
I love LG's bnB but the spackle doesn't suit me at all. It's such an expensive business trawling through brands until hitting on the perfect one! I hope you find your perfect primer soon xx

We would like to confirm that Smashbox is still available in the UK from the official website www.smashbox.co.uk and also on QVC (The next show is on 21st May with 10am/4pm/10pm slots). Smashbox will also be coming to a high street near you soon! Please check the store locator on www.smashbox.co.uk over the coming months for more details.

Regards
The Smashbox UK team

Could it be M&S ?!

Following Leighton Denny, Philip Kingsley etc !

I got mine today Miss Molly. Will be sending it back. The BB cream is just "ok". Nothing wow. I thought the lipgloss would be a nice nude as Alison said but actually it can't decide whether it is peach, pink or nude and makes me look odd. The blush is too orange when swirled together and the only thing that was really nice and easy to use is the Aubergibe powder eyeliner, which does not coordinate with the tones of the rest of the set.

Oh Weathergirl! How disappointing. I ordered this too and I'm still waiting. Why is it that 'nude' lip products never are? I haven't tried the BB cream for this or any brand and don't really get the concept. Is it a light foundation? A coloured base? Like the idea of the SPF35 and thought could use it with a smidge of concealer. Will have to see I guess. I was really looking 4ward to the soft lights. Had one in a TSV I think and just love it. It is almost indestructible. I've dropped it and it hasn't shattered and it's been dunked in the bucket of tea I was drinking and the colour and texture was unchanged after a wash and blow dry.

Still waiting for mine. I was giving the lip gloss away as I don't like Smashbox lip products. MAC or Nars do the best lip glosses.

BB creams are blemish balms and well the proper Far East versions where they are massive. Are a base or light foundation with brightening and soothing qualities. The western versions are more like tinted moisturizers with high spf, or they keep saying primers.

From the photo on the QVC site the Softlight looked pale but in the demo is was warm peach and I thought oh yeah baby my colours.

Hope mine comes today.

The peachy colours of the soft lights did look fab. Wouldn't say I'd use it as strongly as they do. They really swirl that brush around in the product. Shame the Q are selective about which product demos go on line. Don't see why this one didn't go on. There's no price change.

Well mine finally arrived today.

The BB Cream, nowhere near the coverage of the original Korean versions. I will say this is more a light base, sheer tinted moisturizer. I got the light which gives me a sheer warm glow. Think of the original tinted moisturizers which were mainly a bronze glow thing. I can work with the Softlights, making it paler depending which end I start from and how far across I go. The eyeliner is deeper than I expected for sure. The lip gloss as I thought does not give me colour, I seem to have quite good colour on my lips so it looks more clear on me. This will be given to a friend's daughter.

Thanks for the review Donna you've saved me ordering. I still love the Missha BB and I'm exasperated by the "western" brands jumping on the BB bandwagon but not supplying a comparable product. All the ones I've tried are indeed no better than a tinted moisturiser, nothing like the Korean BB creams. I wonder why they've done this? Why couldn't they bring out a formulation that is at least vaguely similar to the BBs from the Far East?

Jude xx

Where do you buy the Missha BB from Akimbo? I have heard good things about this but not sure where to get it from. Thanks for any help.

Anne x

In the UK its ebay or Amazon though the latter is far more expensive.

Akimbo recommended this seller in Korea. Indeed fast shipping and free samples.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AccessoriesWhole?_rdc=1

You have to be careful as there are fakes on ebay. This guy is sells the real deal and I was very pleased with the service

On the Smashbox front, on the QVC facebook page they had some photos of a press launch for this autumn. There and behold is Smashbox products, primers.

To be honest it was just the usual QVC beauty ranges, Elemis,Decleor etc. So no idea why they were announcing this with such fanfare, thought it was new ranges and products.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back