So which would you purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Fashion hour now with Helene and Alison.
A 100% polyester dress is selling like hot cakes, possibly due to easy pay.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Helene-Berman-Animal-Print-Annie-Midi-Dress.product.193024.html?sc=IROA
So dress (3x£38.32) £114.96 plus £5.95 for delivery.

But from M&S there’s this option which looks very very much the same and pictured below made from Sustainably Sourced 100% Viscose. Natural wood pulp from sustainably managed forests and fibre production processes that are kinder to the environment. 100% traceable plus free delivery to store with free returns too.
Oh and the dress is less than the QVC easy pay!

Attachments

• 29AC1E37-AA87-4ECE-93AE-05732599B113.jpeg
    29AC1E37-AA87-4ECE-93AE-05732599B113.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Probably wouldn't buy either dress. I really hate "going shopping" though so if I did want to buy I'd check both websites and buy the cheapest.

CC

Your ghastly comment reminded me of an old colleague when I worked in my first job (many moons ago!).

He told me a story of being fed up waiting on his wife when shopping in Inverness so stormed into M&S and saw her holding up a dress in front of a mirror deciding if she liked it or not. Annoyed at waiting for her he told her it was ghastly and wouldn’t suit her plump figure. Yes you’ve guessed it wasn’t his wife and as you can imagine said tubby lady wasn’t amused and told him his fashion sense left a lot to be desired. Granted he agreed!! He then fled the shop meeting his wife at the door who said ‘where have you been I’ve been waiting ages for you’ 🤣🤣🤣

Your ghastly comment reminded me of an old colleague when I worked in my first job (many moons ago!).

He told me a story of being fed up waiting on his wife when shopping in Inverness so stormed into M&S and saw her holding up a dress in front of a mirror deciding if she liked it or not. Annoyed at waiting for her he told her it was ghastly and wouldn’t suit her plump figure. Yes you’ve guessed it wasn’t his wife and as you can imagine said tubby lady wasn’t amused and told him his fashion sense left a lot to be desired. Granted he agreed!! He then fled the shop meeting his wife at the door who said ‘where have you been I’ve been waiting ages for you’ 🤣🤣🤣
How funny

I know the dresses are frumpy but it was just an example.
So that it just goes to show the Q addicts just jumping to buy at a divided out cost and the promise of a design from a praised designer.
But when you can buy the same looking dress made from a better sourced fabric for one of the easy pays.
Plus picked up for free coupled with a free return option.

Everything's cheaper elsewhere. I've been very guilty in the past of pure laziness - I see it on Q, like it, buy it, don't check other websites. Money's not as plentiful as it used to be so I'm more careful now and I definitely don't need any more clothes, especially not summer ones.

CC

Fashion hour now with Helene and Alison.
A 100% polyester dress is selling like hot cakes, possibly due to easy pay.
https://www.qvcuk.com/Helene-Berman-Animal-Print-Annie-Midi-Dress.product.193024.html?sc=IROA
So dress (3x£38.32) £114.96 plus £5.95 for delivery.

But from M&S there’s this option which looks very very much the same and pictured below made from Sustainably Sourced 100% Viscose. Natural wood pulp from sustainably managed forests and fibre production processes that are kinder to the environment. 100% traceable plus free delivery to store with free returns too.
Oh and the dress is less than the QVC easy pay!
I have a nightdress from M&S exactly the same print for £20.00

Everything's cheaper elsewhere. I've been very guilty in the past of pure laziness - I see it on Q, like it, buy it, don't check other websites. Money's not as plentiful as it used to be so I'm more careful now and I definitely don't need any more clothes, especially not summer ones.

CC
I agree with you there, and I've been guilty of that in the past. Since Q's prices have reached stratospheric heights and have worsened where quality's concerned - I'll look elsewhere every time!

Latest posts

Back