Something I noticed....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almerinda

Registered Shopper
I noticed that the Dannii Minogue big deal and a long waistcoat from the Malissa J collection are made from exactly the same sequin-y fabric.

DM big deal.jpg
Waistcoat.jpg

Do you believe Danni designed those garments. It’s all smoke and mirrors.
She probably sketches the design and emails it to QVC, along with other ‘designers’ and they are all made up in a sweat shop near Slough.

Sequins are everywhere M&S have the better high street garments but I suspect Primark etc will be pushing for the festive season

I believe that Danni knows her way around a sewing machine and that sewing is (or was) a hobby of hers. I also believe in her passion for clothes for the petite woman. That however, is as far as it goes for me. I'd imagine that she jots down her ideas and gives them to somebody else, who in turn does all the designing, the sketching, sources the all the fabrics, Dannii has a quick shuftie, says yay or nay, then it's hotline Bangladesh and the nimble fingered kiddies spring into action. Same as Ruth really but I would say due to what I said in the opening sentence she is a little more authentic. I have to say though that in my mind "petite" doesn't simply mean short, I've always associated the term with someone who is tiny all over -the person who has had to shop in the childrenswear department to find the best fit. Of course she's trying to sell her clobber to as many people as possible, so it makes more financial sense to cater for the larger lady and to do everything in regular sizes too.

I believe that Danni knows her way around a sewing machine and that sewing is (or was) a hobby of hers. I also believe in her passion for clothes for the petite woman. That however, is as far as it goes for me. I'd imagine that she jots down her ideas and gives them to somebody else, who in turn does all the designing, the sketching, sources the all the fabrics, Dannii has a quick shuftie, says yay or nay, then it's hotline Bangladesh and the nimble fingered kiddies spring into action. Same as Ruth really but I would say due to what I said in the opening sentence she is a little more authentic. I have to say though that in my mind "petite" doesn't simply mean short, I've always associated the term with someone who is tiny all over -the person who has had to shop in the childrenswear department to find the best fit. Of course she's trying to sell her clobber to as many people as possible, so it makes more financial sense to cater for the larger lady and to do everything in regular sizes too.
I've a friend who is 4ft 9 inches and she struggles with clothes. She says too many petite ranges are not in proportion and she refuses to look in the children's dept.
She has to shop in the more expensive places but then again they are not short of money,he worked for the environment agency and his pension is nothing to be sneezed at.

M&S have a lot of sequins this year. Glitz 10 environment 0. Don’t know what they’re thinking.

I know silver sequins is the way to go this winter - imagine if everyone turned up at their "dos" in variations on that theme! I see the Dannii Minogue skirt is being pushed to within an inch of its life at the moment with almost every presenter wearing it. I quite like sequins but I do not find that skirt flattering - the positioning of the dark and light colours seems to accentuate a tummy bulge even when there probably isn't one no matter who who wears it. Maybe it looks better off screen than on.

I've always been put off with anything sequinned firstly 'cause I wouldn't think they were easy to care for and they come off and even if I had one missing it would annoy me too much. I'm sure that you get a little bag of spares attached but can't be doing with them.

Latest posts

Back