Sorry Steve, but there is a ridiculous amount of Jade on this weekend..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's what I thought when I read the item, it sounds like gemporia to the letter.
It very much sounded exactly like Gemporia without actually naming them. If it isn't aimed at them, I'd be very surprised.

The phrases mentioned are 100% spot on with what the Gemporia presenters say.

The jadeite is prioritised over everything else. Yesterday at 5pm they had a garnet showcase and they ended up not bringing to air all the pieces because they didn't want to be late for the jade show. And the only reason why they were late in the first instance it was because David Troth spent the first 12 minutes of a garnet show talking about the jadeite showcase that would follow. As a garnet fan, I was fuming

This is a good read...

Thank you for sharing. Clearly the writer has an agenda but the sales tactics in comment 1 ring particularly true for Gemporia sadly. The point is that no commercial organisation can sell products without making profit. If Aspreys can sell the same material for x times more, that would be their market. So whatever the price is at Gemporia, unless they are very poor at business, it is the market value minus Gemporia' s margin. To claim they prefer to sell to their 'loyal customers' rather than make a huge profit in selling elsewhere is insulting to viewers intelligence.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. Clearly the writer has an agenda but the sales tactics in comment 1 ring particularly true for Gemporia sadly. The point is that no commercial organisation can sell products without making profit. If Aspreys can sell the same material for x times more, that would be their market. So whatever the price is at Gemporia, unless they are very poor at business, it is the market value minus Gemporia' s margin. To claim they prefer to sell to their 'loyal customers' rather than make a huge profit in selling elsewhere is insulting to viewers intelligence.
Yes the writer does have a agender, and that is to let people know not to trust what these TV selling channels are like.

The jadeite is prioritised over everything else. Yesterday at 5pm they had a garnet showcase and they ended up not bringing to air all the pieces because they didn't want to be late for the jade show. And the only reason why they were late in the first instance it was because David Troth spent the first 12 minutes of a garnet show talking about the jadeite showcase that would follow. As a garnet fan, I was fuming
When they did get going leaving jade to one side. I enjoyed the show. Nice to see Jim.

Latest posts

Back