South Sea Pearls TSV Mon 13th Feb

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
I know this is very early but I've just started a thread asking for info on the upcoming Household Helpers TSV so thought I'd start this one to try and balance out the glamour quotient in my life :cool: :giggle:

Am hoping for some simple and tasteful earrings or a ring but I bet it's a necklace :yawn:

MTIA :up:

I imagine I'm the only person interested in this TSV but just thought I'd give this thread a bump anyway in case anyone has any info yet...:blush:

Me too Art Deco and AllThatGlitters you're not alone in loving these gorgeous pearls! I would love a necklace , I was very tempted by the last TSV but didn't succumb and as there is only one review I wonder if many were sold. I am hoping if the TSV whatever it is , sells out, the necklace might be a OTO.

Dale has just been showing a preview of the TSV a Tahitian pearl necklace 9-10mm I think with 14ct clasp for under £200 ! I notice that there are a lot of new items on the website as well but much more expensive. Happy viewing pearl lovers.

Quote from the TSV description:

Our best-value Tahitian pearl necklace to date – up to now, the lowest price Tahitian necklace Today’s Special Value we’ve offered cost £648, and we've never before sold a Tahitian pearl strand for less than £500

Oh really QVC? I bought a Tahitian Pearl strand TSV from you for £350 ish in November 2009

Last edited:
I remember that TSV Jantaculum and have been shouting at the telly when Dale was spouting forth about the price . They have also quoted this incorrect info on the TSV blurb. Things like this really annoy me as it is misleading. I am tempted to try out the TSV as the value is good but you have to get them home to have a look don't you.
Were you pleased with your pearls ?

I thought proper good quality South Sea pearls were thousands of pounds?? I'm a bit dubious of the quality for £200. Not much more than an Honora necklace these days lol. Not that I'm buying anyway, just curious re quality of the pearls.

I remember that TSV Jantaculum and have been shouting at the telly when Dale was spouting forth about the price . They have also quoted this incorrect info on the TSV blurb. Things like this really annoy me as it is misleading. I am tempted to try out the TSV as the value is good but you have to get them home to have a look don't you.
Were you pleased with your pearls ?

I haven't seen the presentation yet but will have to catch it later even at the risk of getting more annoyed lol. It's doubly incorrect as there was also a string of Tahitians on Last Clicks for ages that were just £300, from Gems of the Orient I think.

I love my pearls, mayday. They're actually the very best thing I have bought from QVC and among my favourite pieces of jewellery. There's a thread with pictures here if you want to have a look.

They are certainly Tahitian pearls but the prices vary enormously depending on the size, body surface and whether they are round, semi round or baroque. The prices can run in to tens of thousands of pounds for perfectly round large pearls with mimimal imperfections . I'll never have those so might have to make do with a £199 strand !

i think i have seen them the shape is kind of torpedo looking. i am not a pearl snob but i really did not like the look of these at all....

Here's something I thought I would never say (because I'm generally rather laid back and don't get cross too easily) - I've EMAILED QVC TO COMPLAIN!

Having just watched the re-run of the TSV presentation it's really winding me up that they keep saying that they've never sold Tahitians under £500 before so I've emailed them to say so. For anyone interested there's a link to the TSV of 5th November 2009 HERE and they cost about £350. /rant

If I didn't already own my beauties, I'd definitely be buying today although I would probably order two or three strands and choose the best, QVC pearls are very variable.

The pearls are a bit odd looking but £200 is very cheap for tahitian. They'll be fine for Easter teachers/hairdresser/paper girl presents though.

The guest has just shown a similar looking pearl valued at £7000, for one pearl. It's not really adding up is it?

I LOVE pearls. Any colour will do as long as it's a shade of white!!! Their beauty lays in that they go with everything, all that varies is the size and I have them in all sizes from rice pearls to monster 15mm-but those are Majorica. My two favourites are a TSV which I treated myself to exactly three years ago because I was at home with an injured back. I think the set of necklace, earrings and bracelet was £58 and are 8-10mm. I had been looking out for 12-13mm for some time when I saw THE ones. I was hyperventilating. There was no price on them but I knew they were MINE. In fear and trembling but with eager anticipation I went in and asked to see the large baroques in the window. They took my breath away-the nacre was thick, the lustre was to die for, the price-wait for it........da dah, was less than £100!!!! I've worn them every day and they are still as beautiful as they were one year on and they still cause comment.............and may I just add that they were a Christmas gift from an appreciative client to her hairdresser!!!!

I dont want to pop anyone's balloon, but can people REALLY tell (or care) whether you are wearing real pearls or not ? I have pearls - costume, a Tahitian pearl pendant, and Honora, and tbh I've never had them commented on, but look nice as finishing touches. I imagine its like diamonique and diamonds, unless you come clean no-one is going to know.

I DO comment on other peoples' pearls because I love pearls, but as you say, it really doesn't matter if they're real or faux. The humungous ones they sell in supermarkets look stunning in their own right-as did the necklace of just 12 magnificent South Sea specimens which I saw at an antiques fair selling for £33,000. For me it's about their soft gleam on the skin which is kinder to me, at my age, than the brighter, harsher but still very beautiful sparkle that diamonds or eeks give. Plus, whilst I'm very happy wearing faux pearls I don't feel quite as comfortable with eeks.

Well done Jantaculum , its really winding me up as well . I agree with you about the TSV , I think I might order a couple of necklaces and choose the best as no doubt the quality will vary . I do like the last TSV , the pale grey Tahitian necklace but it is £700+ and it niggles me that I could have bought it when it was £646!
I take on board the comments about real v faux pearls and diamonds for that matter and I have both , but I can't help wanting the real thing , although as brissles rightly said no one will know the difference .

Debbie Greenwood - TSV "Is the price so low we are getting quality we don't want?"……."Wot?" any ideas?

Perfectly round, ridged, keshi - I love all pearls. The price for the TSV may well be good for the quality but from the close up it's definitely quality I don't want, spoiled by too much variation in the colour IMO. Like some of the earrings but not buying, being good this month!

Well there you go - website description's been changed

Our best-value Tahitian pearl necklace to date – up to now, the lowest price Tahitian necklace Today’s Special Value we’ve offered cost £349

I haven't received a response to my email but at least the misleading information has gone

Well there you go - website description's been changed

Our best-value Tahitian pearl necklace to date – up to now, the lowest price Tahitian necklace Today’s Special Value we’ve offered cost £349

I haven't received a response to my email but at least the misleading information has gone

Well done, that will teach them to check their facts before dreaming up these throw-away lines. I know it doesn't matter but things like that irritate me, especially when I think of Dale's smug grinning face - bet he feels silly now Good. (I'm grumpy today for various reasons but I don't like his style. Ever, even if I'm not grumpy).

Latest posts

Back