South Sea Pearls TSV Mon 13th Feb

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, 3.07pm, Fanfare...it's Today's Special Value ! But hark, Ms Debbie Flint is panicking. No No and thrice No, that can't be the right price ? £199.80. Is that right? Is that the price ? I thought it was £300 and odd. Are we sure....yes, they say it's right, that IS the price, phew (metaphorically wipes sweat from brow)..............

Well Ms Flint, that will teach you to do your research, especially since you've been wearing the item all afternoon - did you not think to ask the price ? How did you plan to present it if you don't know the first and most important thing about it ?

OR......... could it be one big act that we are supposed to swallow hook line and sinker . Reverse psychology and all that crap. Are we that green, that cabbage-looking ? Don't annoy me again in this prog, I'm grumpy today.

Its like all the guests/vendors who feign surprised outrage at the prices of the goods they are trying to offload. Alll this business of "is that really the price, how do you do it ?" when they have got their lower selling price neatly tucked up in the bank - what difference does it make to these people how much qvc sell for, they've got their money, so wish they wouldn't treat us like idiots.

I'm a great lover of pearls . However today's TSV don't appeal to me at all. No way could I manage opening and closing that delicate looking & fiddly fish - hook clasp , apart from the very very irregular appearance of the pearls . I do usually like baroque pearls very much but the massive imperfections of these seem so ' over the top ' even without considering the variations of colour. I would get absolutely no pleasure wearing them so I guess I've just saved myself £200 !!!

I saw part of the TSV presentation earlier and wasn't at all impressed with the quality of the pearls, some were deeply pitted and mis-shapen. While good quality TP's are beautiful I also rather like Japanese Akoya pearls. GemsTV have sold a lot of them in the past. I bought a 17" dark brown necklace with 6mm pearls, all neatly knotted with a 14k gold clasp for £60. They also sold them in other colours - just found this on their website for a pretty good price....

http://www.gems.tv/Jewellery/45mm-Grey-Japanese-Akoya-Pearl-9K-White-Gold-Necklace/Design-SCJS65.aspx

Well there you go - website description's been changed

Our best-value Tahitian pearl necklace to date – up to now, the lowest price Tahitian necklace Today’s Special Value we’ve offered cost £349

I haven't received a response to my email but at least the misleading information has gone

So much for their brilliant customer care ...they haven`t even got the manners to reply to you ..very rude in my opinion!!

Only just caught up with this thread! Well done Jantaculum for complaining - I too recall that TSV (the pics of yours are gorgeous!)

Ironically after starting this thread and twittering on for advance info I didn't see any of the hours on the day, but checked online and must say this golden, white and Tahitian bracelet: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.603645.cm_scid.KeywordSearch really caught my eye but just isn't justifiable at that price at the mo. If any lucky person got it I'd love to know what you think :clapping:

Latest posts

Back