SSHHH, dont tell anyone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It was actually because it was a post about iw on the Q forum, and I didn't want anyone to tell Sazza in case he moved it to the iw forum where no-one would read it (almost LOL).

Oh dear, I've told him myself now!

Oh, perhaps she didn't notice then as she was too busy reading the makeup and fashion threads :wink:

I don't think anyone would be bothered about it any more.....this form ceased to be loyal to QVC since Graham was given the nasty news.

Sazza sounds like a male name to me, whereas Sasha would be female, but Sacha Distell (sp) the French singer was male.

Actually, it is difficult to tell the gender of a lot of forum names.

In future I will have to say s/he.

Last edited:
PSSSST Strato!!! I just bought a Kindle Fire HD today in Tesco! Its BRILLIANT and much cheaper than an iPad (mine is ob Ebay at present). It does all I need a tablet to do.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

But I thought you were a die in the wool apple lover?

Sazza sounds like a male name to me, whereas Sasha would be female, but Sacha Distell (sp) the French singer was male.

Actually, it is difficult to tell the gender of a lot of forum names.

In future I will have to say s/he.

Yikes, always thought of it as female myself! Nickname for someone called Sara or Sarah..........what male name do you see it as a nickname for??? :confused:

But I thought you were a die in the wool apple lover?

I was until Apple brought out a new iPad Mini and iPad barely 6 months after releasing the 3rd generation one. I am disgusted and refuse to be held hostage to Apple's upgrades which are now it seems every 6 months. Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.

I also wanted something smaller to put in my handbag but refuse to pay silly prices for an iPad Mini when its spec is less than an iPad 2.

I sat playing in Tesco with their display Kindle Fire HD and absolutely love it! Its surprisingly easy to use and has everything I need. I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro so I'm still an Apple gal. However for £159 the Kindle Fire HD should have Apple really rattled. Its really good.

I was until Apple brought out a new iPad Mini and iPad barely 6 months after releasing the 3rd generation one. I am disgusted and refuse to be held hostage to Apple's upgrades which are now it seems every 6 months. Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave.

I also wanted something smaller to put in my handbag but refuse to pay silly prices for an iPad Mini when its spec is less than an iPad 2.

I sat playing in Tesco with their display Kindle Fire HD and absolutely love it! Its surprisingly easy to use and has everything I need. I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro so I'm still an Apple gal. However for £159 the Kindle Fire HD should have Apple really rattled. Its really good.

Is there anything that the Fire doesn't do that your iPad did - I'm interested in one for my son?

Is there anything that the Fire doesn't do that your iPad did - I'm interested in one for my son?

It doesn't take photos or shoot video footage. Not that I ever used the iPad for either. Its only Japanese and Chinese tourists in London that seem to like doing this, holding their iPads out in front of themselves, ripe for your local mugger to grab!

The Kindle Fire HD is better than the plain Kindle Fire as the graphics are better. It seems to do pretty much all that I used to do on my iPad. No iTunes though but I have my iphone and MacBook for that. There is Amazon's music store though.

The apps are Android and are easy to install and open. You do need to have an Amazon account though with a registered credit or debit card. You won't get very far with the Fire even if you only want to download free Kindle books etc. Also it doesn't come with a charger, just a USB cable but I plugged it into my iphone mains socket and that does the job and saves me £17.99. I did buy an Amazon case though which was £36, but then Apple's cases are pretty price too. It does need a case for protection though.

Overall I like it. Its really fast too so no complaints so far!

Overall I am pretty impressed

Does the Kindle fire support BBC iplayer?

Yes. You have to download the BBC iPlayer and Media Player apps. They have been developed for Android, which are the basis of all the Kindle Fire apps. I tried it out tonight and it all works.

I was hoping the ipad 7" was the same as the NEW ipad 10" except smaller, but your comment earlier suggests it has an old ipad spec.

Saw a TV ad for it tonight, showing the piano keyboard app.

I was hoping the ipad 7" was the same as the NEW ipad 10" except smaller, but your comment earlier suggests it has an old ipad spec.

Saw a TV ad for it tonight, showing the piano keyboard app.

Its definitely a lower spec and doesn't even have retina display. I bet the next iPad Mini upgrade in 6 months time will though. The iPad Mini 16GB is £269 but the Kindle Fire HD 16GB is £159 and has better specs.

Strato, it looks like you can copy over your movies and music over to the KF , provided it isn't locked, like iTunes content.

So far so good.

Dont know what the hell you are all banging on about its all Planet Techno to me, but I love Loen, and she makes me laugh even when she's serious !

Latest posts

Back