Strewth Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
I know that I am probably a member of her target audience - middle-aged, menopausal and not-exactly-skinny-any-more - but I have to ask: "****** hell, doesn't Ruth Langsford have a home to go to?" Or has she bought the Company? Mind you QVCs range of products seems to be getting more and more limited and how many beauty TSVs do we need in any given week?

She never does single hours. Usually one of her own stuff and one yapping about other brands even when she doesn’t have a TSV and then it’s every blinding hour. I’ve never understood why she gets double billing unlike other brands although I’ve seen the odd 2 hour slot for L Rose.

Ruthless seems to have a very good agent getting her mega bucks out of nothing.

I know that I am probably a member of her target audience - middle-aged, menopausal and not-exactly-skinny-any-more - but I have to ask: "****** hell, doesn't Ruth Langsford have a home to go to?" Or has she bought the Company? Mind you QVCs range of products seems to be getting more and more limited and how many beauty TSVs do we need in any given week?
And so many gardening shows. Too many garden shows.

And so many gardening shows. Too many garden shows.
Gardening shows are inevitable at this time of year, and Q do love multiple 2 hour slots at the weekend when there's a gardening TSV particularly.
But I do think we couldcsee more 2 hour slots to pad things out as Q's range of brands and departments continues to dwindle.
Given the apparent success of Ruth doing both shows for her own range and showcasing what she likes in other ranges, I'm surprised if they aren't trying to find another sleb who can do the same with beauty.
They must realise that however much customers are loving Ruth at present, and they must be, Q would be making a mistake to over-promote Ruth as a beauty creator. Imo that would jeopardise what they already have...
Actually waiting for Andi Peters to have his own stuff in the kitchen arena. Maybe not cooking pots and utensils, as neither Rick Stein's nor Gino Da Campo's stuff did particularly well... but AP for Cook's Essentials, or similar maybe?

Gardening shows are inevitable at this time of year, and Q do love multiple 2 hour slots at the weekend when there's a gardening TSV particularly.
But I do think we couldcsee more 2 hour slots to pad things out as Q's range of brands and departments continues to dwindle.
Given the apparent success of Ruth doing both shows for her own range and showcasing what she likes in other ranges, I'm surprised if they aren't trying to find another sleb who can do the same with beauty.
They must realise that however much customers are loving Ruth at present, and they must be, Q would be making a mistake to over-promote Ruth as a beauty creator. Imo that would jeopardise what they already have...
Actually waiting for Andi Peters to have his own stuff in the kitchen arena. Maybe not cooking pots and utensils, as neither Rick Stein's nor Gino Da Campo's stuff did particularly well... but AP for Cook's Essentials, or similar maybe?
Sure I heard that gardening Shows are the most popular on QVC

I wonder if customers have success with the plants they buy from QVC. If your plants die, you are likely to blame it on yourself, not the plant or the seller. The men who sell the plants (there are no women, I believe) must certainly all have university degrees in horticulture, plus they have their tricks to make their plants flourish successfuly, while amateur gardeners watch the same plants dwindle. Fertiliser, sun and water are not enough, imo and in my experience.

I believe its stretching the credibility of Ruthless's involvement into 'accessories' now that her being the face of a fashion range has done so well. She bangs on about road testing 'her' sunglasses that she's excited to bring, and road testing 'her' new bag range. This is on top of her plimsoll and boot collection. Not even the most famous designer in the world - as a full time job - is able to singly create so many fashion items in the space of 12 months - yet QVC want us to believe that Ruthless does, on top of her other tv commitments. What a joke, and don't get me started on the RJL logo that is plonked on the accessories.

As for her Agent - she's under contract to the same firm that Ambitious Holden is - so more than a coincidence that they've both got ranges on QVC.

I’ve had success and failures in equal quantities.

Variegated Daphne about 6 years old in large pots this year everyone who came near the house commented on their smell.

Scented Rhododendron (3 years in large pot) unfortunately I’ve neglected and not looking great this year but it’s my mission to try to revive it for next year.

Primroses antique rose purchased this year. This isn’t my taste but Mr L likes the faded vintage look and I must admit they are very different and get lots of comments and did really well in 6 low containers.

Unfortunately annuals have been disasters, arriving either too late so never had time to grow to full flower, arrived half dead so cost a lot per plant for those which survived. Still this is what has spurred me on to sow my own seeds plus the fact they no longer send plants to us here.

I wonder if customers have success with the plants they buy from QVC. If your plants die, you are likely to blame it on yourself, not the plant or the seller. The men who sell the plants (there are no women, I believe) must certainly all have university degrees in horticulture, plus they have their tricks to make their plants flourish successfuly, while amateur gardeners watch the same plants dwindle. Fertiliser, sun and water are not enough, imo and in my experience.
I have had plants that have died but they were replaced and still doing ok this year.

I love the gardening shows but more so the plants rather than all the tat that comes with them. I've had varying degrees of success but always been refunded if I've phoned up and said they died. Many died because they were little more than seedlings when they arrived and I didn't have the facilities or knowledge to care for them properly. Now I buy the bigger more established plants and they do much better. I have a gorgeous acer that I got from P2G and it did cost a lot but it is worth every penny.

I've noticed that plants have gone up a lot at the garden centre as well this year so I'm planting seeds. The frost keeps killing everything though and inside is like Richard Jackson's Garden. Mr CC is not pleased.

CC

Believe it or not plants have 2 years guarantee under the sale of goods act. Not bedding but shrubs etc. QVC are quite good with refunds or replacements so are Thompson and Morgan.

Believe it or not plants have 2 years guarantee under the sale of goods act. Not bedding but shrubs etc. QVC are quite good with refunds or replacements so are Thompson and Morgan.
Would bedding plants be categorised as annuals?

They could add some drama if Eamonn got a gig on IW 😋
What would Eamon sell on IW? Exercise equipment is all I could think of.

Would bedding plants be categorised as annuals?
Yes but its usually Perennial plants I am talking about. Mind you if the bedding failed to grow you should still claim. Say you bought bedding plugs and they did not grow ask for a replacement. Some bedding comes back year after year anyway if you live in a milder climate in UK.

Yes but its usually Perennial plants I am talking about. Mind you if the bedding failed to grow you should still claim. Say you bought bedding plugs and they did not grow ask for a replacement. Some bedding comes back year after year anyway if you live in a milder climate in UK.
Thanks, Boffy. Unfortunately, I live in North Italy, so QVC would not be able to send me plants. I like gardening but I have only about 60 percent success rate. However, I will keep on trying. The climate here is hot and humid in summer and cold and humid in winter. I have success with roses and hydrangeas which are beautiful, but I would love to have some of the primroses QVC sell.

I believe its stretching the credibility of Ruthless's involvement into 'accessories' now that her being the face of a fashion range has done so well. She bangs on about road testing 'her' sunglasses that she's excited to bring, and road testing 'her' new bag range. This is on top of her plimsoll and boot collection. Not even the most famous designer in the world - as a full time job - is able to singly create so many fashion items in the space of 12 months - yet QVC want us to believe that Ruthless does, on top of her other tv commitments. What a joke, and don't get me started on the RJL logo that is plonked on the accessories.

As for her Agent - she's under contract to the same firm that Ambitious Holden is - so more than a coincidence that they've both got ranges on QVC.
Anybody who believes that these zlebs get the crayons 🖍 out,designing things should be immediately be sent to Qurio zombie land😂

Latest posts

Back