Stripey suits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

logfire

Registered Shopper
Someone help me understand 'cos I need to keep up to date wi' fashion. Wot is this stripey suit thing goin' on? Yesterday Mr Ipad had on this stripe on his jacket but changed later into another boring one. This morning Mr Clogg Eye has a stripey suit or jacket . What I want to know is. Do I buy the OH one of these ? And can you get 'em in Prymani yet ? Thanks for your help .

not much help but...

When I was at school braid around the cuff of blazers denoted Lower Sixth and full braid around every edge showed the wearer was in the Senior 6th Form. Different parts of the school also wore different hats, sadly the straw (St Trinian's) panama was phased out as the summer head wear just after my older sister went to the school.

PS I was at school in the 70s not the 30s, although no one had told the school!

I was in school late 40's early 50's and we wore panama hats in the summer with white dresses and black and white stripe ties. In the winter is was gym slips, nap coats and black hats (same shape as panamas but made of felt) can't think of the name. The school wasn't called St. Trinian's btw. x

I have just remembered what the winter school hats were called....................velour hats. (I think) x

Looks plain daft to me. Typical example of male mid-life crisis when they suddenly turn into recycled teenagers and think they are at the 'cutting edge' of fashion - almost as bad as 50 year olds wearing torn jeans. Nooooooooooooo !

British men NEVER get it right - except when wearing a tux. Especially in summer they are an assault on the eyes, wearing calf length shorts with trainers or flipflops - (exposing one's naked feet in the Co-op 80 miles from the sea is particularly gut wrenching.) Yet Continental men always get it soooo right. (don't get me started on us women though !)

My sis is 11 years older than me so we were never at the same school together so in the 60s they wore felt bowlers (yr6 - 8) or felt pill box hats (yrs 9 +) in the winter, and the straw panamas in the summer. A decade later the bowler was the only hat I wore for the first 3 years at high school, the senior years didn't wear hats. The felt bowlers were the same shape as the old panamas (slightly rounder). Anyone seen out of school grounds in uniform but with out a hat or in a hat with the brim turned down or a dent in the crown got an order mark!
It was like being at Mallory Towers!

My OH had a pin striped suit when we got married in the 80's, I loved the matching waistcoat too, very smart!

My high school uniform in the 60s was dark brown, skirt and jumper in Winter, brown checked dress in Summer. To this day I still hate brown clothes and would never wear them.

My high school uniform in the 60s was dark brown, skirt and jumper in Winter, brown checked dress in Summer. To this day I still hate brown clothes and would never wear them.

Snap. Mine was brown skirt, which had to be knee length. Blue shirt. Brown school tie and brown V Necked jumper and brown blazer. We also had to wear brown low heeled shoes and knee high socks or tights. Never ankle socks. I absolutely loathed that uniform. It was a catholic comprehensive.

we wore a red woollen-felt beret in winter, and my year just missed having to wear the straw boater in summer. We were forbidden from eating or drinking in the street in our uniform and heaven forbid if we were caught throwing our berets like frisbees :giggle:. It was a girls grammar school in the 1960s/70s.

Someone help me understand 'cos I need to keep up to date wi' fashion. Wot is this stripey suit thing goin' on? Yesterday Mr Ipad had on this stripe on his jacket but changed later into another boring one. This morning Mr Clogg Eye has a stripey suit or jacket . What I want to know is. Do I buy the OH one of these ? And can you get 'em in Prymani yet ? Thanks for your help .

Love it! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back