sucked in twice

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone else have the racks that you pulled down to hang your clothes on in the kitchen? And a real, proper pantry with a stone floor and shelves lined with oilcloth or something? And turning the mangle ....

We had the clothes pulley and my Mum would never part with it. Yes I also remember turning the mangle but we didn`t have a pantry, just one of those all in one kitchenette things with the pull down front and little glass sliding doors.
I remember Mum`s first proper washing machine, a huge big upright Servis with wringers on the top, then she moved onto a twin tub several years later and finally an automatic which she hated with a passion. She said she could do a whole weeks wash in a twintub, in the time it took to do one load in an automatic. Very few modern inventions impressed my Mum. She`d never have a microwave, wouldn`t entertain a duvet, hated automatic washing machines, wouldn`t own a freezer and never ever wore a pair of tights.

I love the flannel bedding and got another set just after Christmas in the clearance section which is great, absolutely love it. I have not gone for any of the Cozee home as it seems more expensive.

Latest posts

Back