Surf Easy - problems!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I received my surf easy this morning. No problem registering my account, the SE browser and icons were working ok. I removed the key, closed my laptop down and, to test it was working, switched it back on and inserted the key. Although the icon appears at the bottom of the screen, and the key light is on, the browser page will not load, and the icons which were present on the task bar are not there. Prior to purchase, I tweeted Lee to ask if this would be useful for me, as I am always forgetting my passwords. Yes, he said. As I do trust his advice, I decided to give it a go. Well, I am still being asked for my passwords, so this purchase seems to have been unnecessary. I will have another go at sorting this out - sometimes the obvious can escape us - but if I haven't got it back to the way it was when I first installed it, it's going back. Thank goodness it came in a small envelope, so won't cost much to return. I so wanted this to work, as it seemed a godsend. Has anyone else had this, or any other problems with the surfeasy? Thanks.

To access my Surf Easy I have to go to 'My Computer' and then click on the Surf Easy drive (f in my case). I then click on the blue logo that then appears to get to the password screen.

To access my Surf Easy I have to go to 'My Computer' and then click on the Surf Easy drive (f in my case). I then click on the blue logo that then appears to get to the password screen.

That is how I have to do it. Even though I enter my surfeasy password, I still have to enter passwords for the other sites I did have to have passwords for. Now I feel I will have to return it, which I am quite nervous about, as it will now have my details stored on it. I know QVC insist they wipe it, but how can I be sure of this? Lee Hohbein did tell me buying this would mean I wouldn't have to remember passwords - I do, so this was an unnecessary purchase for me. How do I know my system is being security protected, as there is no visible acknowledgement of this. I don't know, with the Kipling fiasco, and now this, things aren't going to well with my QVC purchases right now.:down:

I'm guessing that you have to enter your usernames and passwords at least once, on each site, for Surf Easy to know anything about them? Have you done that? Just a guess.... (I use LastPass and that works like that.)

I'm guessing that you have to enter your usernames and passwords at least once, on each site, for Surf Easy to know anything about them? Have you done that? Just a guess.... (I use LastPass and that works like that.)

I have also discovered lastpass, so we'll see how that goes.

Another lastpass user here. Quick and easy to use and best of all free.

I cannot believe it - the key has snapped! I know the main usp of this product, is the size; it fits into a credit card sized flat bed, making it portable. The negative is that it is thin and extremely fragile. I had just managed to get it to work properly as well!

you know if you go to the surfeasy website, you can download a app for it free giving you 500 gb a month free usage, and that can be split to 5 devices, if you pay 49.99 dollars a year, you can have unlimited usage for upto 5 devices, https://srfez.com/8GF94H3NTX. the funny thing is i found out about this cause some one posted on qvc own website on there review.

have a great day and enjoy.

Latest posts

Back