Tanzanite AAAA Ring Has Lost Its Vibrancy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, just to say my Tanzanite ring I mention early in the thread saying it looked like the second photo of the dull one. I wore it at the weekend and in real daylight it does have sparkle and brighter too.

Yes, the Mohs scale, diamonds 10, rubies, emeralds, sapphires are a 9, they used to say even Diamonique was a 9, quartz like amethyst was 8. Not 100% sure but Tanzanite is 6 or 5! I know Kyanite is only 5. Pearls should never be near water Opals also, but strangely moisturize like natural oils from your body are good for them.

I still have a book from Gems you used to get free with your first order has the gems and info about them.

Oh, just to say my Tanzanite ring I mention early in the thread saying it looked like the second photo of the dull one. I wore it at the weekend and in real daylight it does have sparkle and brighter too.

Yes, the Mohs scale, diamonds 10, rubies, emeralds, sapphires are a 9, they used to say even Diamonique was a 9, quartz like amethyst was 8. Not 100% sure but Tanzanite is 6 or 5! I know Kyanite is only 5. Pearls should never be near water Opals also, but strangely moisturize like natural oils from your body are good for them.

I still have a book from Gems you used to get free with your first order has the gems and info about them.
I've bored people forever telling them that my grandfather was a jeweller, this was obviously many moons ago & there were more salt water pearls around then; he said that they could be swished through a weak salty water solution then dried immediately. He also said to wipe opals down the side of your nose as the natural oils moisturised them. The Q lost a sale when I was tempted to buy an apatite ring but heard the presenter said it was a 5 on the scale & knew that it wasn't a good idea.

Perhaps it’s because my 2 efforts at pierced ears were a disaster but I’ve never understood why anyone would wear diamond studs at £700 .
When I did wear studs I was always losing one or it got in the way of phone, hairbrush etc. Yet Q sell tiny diamond ones. I would have thought this is exactly the type of thing Eek was made for.

Perhaps it’s because my 2 efforts at pierced ears were a disaster but I’ve never understood why anyone would wear diamond studs at £700 .
When I did wear studs I was always losing one or it got in the way of phone, hairbrush etc. Yet Q sell tiny diamond ones. I would have thought this is exactly the type of thing Eek was made for.
Vienna doesn't just write amazing posts she's introduced me to LOX earring backs.

To be honest they look weird. But if they work then who cares.

A friend has complained to me, she has lost earrings with taking the mask on and off. I must be lucky so far no problem.

The LOX earring backs are superb. A friend put me onto them after I lost and then later found an earring which meant a lot to me. It was from a pair Mr V bought me for our first Christmas as a couple. I`ve used the backs ever since and have a few pairs I swap around different earrings. The LOX backs really do stay in place, they don`t budge and keep any earring safe.

The LOX earring backs are superb. A friend put me onto them after I lost and then later found an earring which meant a lot to me. It was from a pair Mr V bought me for our first Christmas as a couple. I`ve used the backs ever since and have a few pairs I swap around different earrings. The LOX backs really do stay in place, they don`t budge and keep any earring safe.
I agree. I bought two sets, one gold tone & one silver, kept one of each, gave the others to my younger daughter & the little pot is great for keeping the ones taken off the stud. All in all - brilliant.

Latest posts

Back