The Birkenstock TSV..... Aaaaagh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
OMG what a TSV, Jilly is busy saying how feminine it is........ yuk. Why oh why are QVC so behind where fashion is concerned. I think they they should get a grip and start to read the fashion mags to see what is actually IN FASHION. Frumpy springs to mind:rain::puke::yawn:

I can see what you're saying but to be honest I think all Birkenstock have that slightly frumpy look to them, they came into fashion after celebs were seen wearing them, the same as Uggs, Emus etc but they're not exactly a feminine, elegant style.

I have a couple of pairs that I wear round the house - seldom wear them out as I can't drive in them! - but I'd never consider wearing them for work or a night out anyway they are just not smart enough, and for a comfy summer sandal personally I much prefer the flat gladiator sandals that are all over the high street at the moment.

Think it's a case of each to their own with things like this though and I'm sure there will be people who love them.

I really do not understand why we always get the very boring Birkenstocks. Have a look at the QVC US site and you will see some very funky unusual and in my opion quite stylish Birkis, but here we get disappointing styles every time. Agree with you all, this one is not a nice style, although I bought the last TSV, which I quite like, but have nicer ones I picked up in the States

OMG they are hideous. I'm pleased really though as bank balance is safe for another day. :whew:

I really don't like them.didn't buy any birkenstock tsv's last year either - mind you,they only had a couple of tsv's last year - this year so far we've had two in a month!!

just had a look at the us site - there was only a few that jumped out at me - but theres certainly more choice than we get!!!

Today seems a funny day with birkenstock - just had a look at our site and there doesn't seem to be any/many new styles?

Maybe they're gonna put a lot of on easy pay and try to shift what they have.

I love my birkenstocks - but have to say i would never wear mine on an evening out as sometimes suggested by the presenters!!

I love love love my Birkenstocks but they are what they are, sandals and I wear them on holidays and so on. I usually get mine in T.KMaxx or The Bay
I am watching a repeat of thge Shopping for shoes hour and I am amazed at the price of some of the Scholl sandals. There was a pair of strappy ones on for £60.00!

I quite like the uppers - the colours and some of the patterns. It's the soles that let them down, make them look frumpy, clumpy and cheap. If they were to make similar with a
2 inch wedge I would be tempted.

Linda

I do actually love the single strap Birkies, and have 3 pairs, it's the great big ugly double strap things I don't like. It makes me laugh when they keep coming up with new colours....... der, it's the styles we don't like not the colours. I am sure they have more up to date styles in their large repertoire.:angry:

I have a few pairs mainly the toepost style - which are a bit more fashionable? But since getting my first pair of Fitflops last year havent worn Birkenstocks - I now have 3 pairs of various Fitflops and don't wear anything else in the summer - I love them - they are the most comfiest shoes I have ever worn.

I've seen it all now - they only gone and got The Man of Age in to model the mens Berkis! They've only got one pair for the whole day! I'm sure all of you need expert fashion advice on how to get your toesies into a pair of sandals. Purleeeeeeese! He's grovelling on the floor under the model and I'm sure he's preaching about having them in 5 to 7 working days but, as is usual when he's on, the telly is muted.

I hope he tries to do this with Lenny from Nina Leonard - he'll tell him where to go pretty quickly (even more so if he's had a glass or two of wine with his lunch!) and Glen might find his Berkis end up somewhere they shouldn't!

Last edited:
Aww, that's a shame, Lenny isn't on. Don't know why though because it's still muted. Volcano probably :) Now we know why Glen's about.

I agree the last TSV and this TSV are BORING!! I do wear Birkies and I love the Florida 3 strap. I got the black patent Florida for my birthday recently. I do wear them out when it is warm enough (though not at the moment) and I always wear them on holiday!! But the styles are very boring at the moment.

Aww, that's a shame, Lenny isn't on. Don't know why though because it's still muted. Volcano probably :) Now we know why Glen's about.

Looking how he's dressed 'Sailor Captain Glen' doesn't need a plane.

Latest posts

Back