The CS person has made me mad!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL! Id love to see that happen. I always find the cringing callers quite funny, but I love it when they say something negative. Years ago Debbie Flint was on an a caller said: "I can find them cheaper in my catalogue!!" DF looked mortified, stuttered for a few seconds before mumbling something about how Q was providing a service where things could be demonstrated. Then suddenly the caller "vanished." -- "Oh dear we've lost her!" hahahahahaha

I saw that happen on IW once, back in the days of Steve Whatley. He was shocked when it happened, but, to his credit he didn't let the gallery cut the lady off, he let her have her say live on air! After that, things did start to improve!

I find IW still knock spots off QVC though. I recently ordered some items and when it arrived, sadly one of the items was incorrect. I emailed IW's CS to ask what I can do about returning it. I received a very nice and apologetic email that also contained a link for me to download a Collect+ label so I can send it straight back for free. No being called a liar, or having to wait a week on the chance a label might show up in the post. Fortunately for me, I have a Collect+ drop-off spot opposite where I live, so it couldn't have been easier. As said earlier in the thread, given how much QVC charge for their services, this should be standard for them, especially as we know so many other retailers can provide it. I don't see how they can keep calling themselves the #1 shopping channel anymore.

You can look up You Tube Drunk T Caller for the moment when Simon Biagi asked a drunken caller what he used his lock and locks for.

they can keep calling themselves the no.1 shopping channel thats thier prorogative wether its true is anather matter

There are people everywhere glossing over selly telly`s downfalls and presenters. They can delete posts, remove threads, ban people from posting but it simply won`t stop people thinking for themselves and being angry at poor service, high prices, low quality and up their own ar*se presenters. It reminds me of a toddler who puts their hands in front of their eyes thinking if they can`t see you, then you can`t see them. Removing negative feedback is a foolish game, whether it be on their fb page, on the phone or any other group pages or medium. Companies won`t survive unless they take note and blocking comments on their fb page or anywhere else, simply angers people and then they shop elsewhere or go to other company web pages or fb pages. Those people who act all pathetic, and saying oh you can`t say this about Q or you can`t say that about Q are unreal. Living in La La Fluffy Land and that goes for their presenters too.

How much of that sentence is euphemistic?! I must look this up

I've seen that vid! I LOVED it! It went something like this....

SIMON BIAGI: I think these are great. Have you used them?
CALLER: I've NOT!
SIMON BIAGI What do you use yours for?
CALLER: I put my buns in them! (Malcolm Harradine laughs)
CALLER: You can get 'em from the pound.....
SIMON: Oh dear! He's gone! He was there, but he's gone!

I have never had one bad experience with CS......polite and helpful and i have rang them a fair share of times. Im never quite sure why so many people complain

caretodiffer, good luck with your search, hope you find something you like. I've bought bits and bobs from Asda over the years, including their long sleeved cotton tee shirts, of which I have a fair collection (and short-sleeved ones for the odd bit of summer, too). Without exception they have worn and washed very well.
Thank you HM :mysmilie_508: I do like that style, I do not like anything clingy .I do not like the shark-bites some designers (Anttony, Rene etc) do because all they do is add more bulk on the hips with extra fabric, I like Yong Kim (the tops made of modal fabric) because she adds extra material , but they are fashioned in such a way so they do not cling on the hips, but away and they give a feminine swing rather than a unbecoming cling :nod:.
The modal is lovely on the skin. Yong Kim's modal fabric is far superior to those of Henfrey London. YK has started using jersey and other materials and yet her prices remain high...which is not right. Her cut and the alignment of patterns are really good, so we expect high prices but not so high as some of her clothes.
The top I saw in Asda was good, a lot nicer than the Henfrey London tops I had bought off QVC. , it was made better too.
I had bought 157778, a pack of 2 , which worked out to be £ 26 each (I could have bought 5 Asda tops and have change):mysmilie_487:
Of course I did not buy it as I already had the Henfrey London tops.

A phone call put through to a presenter by way of a gushing recommendation for whatever item is on air then a swift "your customer services called me a liar" before being cut off should put the cat amongst the pigeons. Which presenter would you prefer?

don`t forget `prize winning!!` I`d love to watch that !!

I had a problem a while back when ....two workers on then CS telephone were attitudey and rude ...I was gob smacked ..I should have asked if they were selling boxes of manners .... And if they were ... They coul do themselves a favour and use their staff discount :mysmilie_59:

some of the yong kim tops and dresses are very well made and have clever cuts. they never fall apart but are expensive but e bay is a good source of bargains
Yes, they are, I am really impressed with her fabric cutting and the aligning of patterns at joints and the good quality of the modal fabric that she uses.
She does use lots of fabric to give the proper swing, especially her dresses . I have two dresses that I bought from her range when she first came to QVC and they actually made me swish in them in front of the mirror, like little girls do :mysmilie_47: but I don't agree to the high prices of the clothes made out of jersey and polyester though.

They sell silk scarves very cheaply on TJC sometimes. There is a horrible little man called Amit who touts his wares with all the geniality of a fishwife! Probably QVC sourced your scarf from the same supplier Amit gets his.
I have not watched that channel yet :mysmilie_17: you might be right in the source of the scarf though.
This scarf was of a good size, it was just that the quality was so poor. I wanted to feel good wearing it, instead I felt dingy.

A phone call put through to a presenter by way of a gushing recommendation for whatever item is on air then a swift "your customer services called me a liar" before being cut off should put the cat amongst the pigeons. Which presenter would you prefer?

:mysmilie_17: Super idea, but they will know who it is!! I would like to choose either DF or C.Huntley, just to see their reactions. DF would ask for tweets regarding the matter, whereas Catherine would almost faint with the shock that someone had actually criticised QVC's CS !!

Exclusive and designer many brands may claim to be... but check where they are made. I often go around street markets in India and see clothes made for famous name manufacturers. Most of the so-called designer brands have their clothes made in sweat shops in the third world, so on QVC and elsewhere you are paying a huge mark-up from the cost of manufacture.

Not only in sweat shops, these factories often employ children :doh: Burberry material was available in Goa Someone we know used to go to a tailoring shop in Goa, to have his jackets lined with the Burberry material :mysmilie_11: The shop that used to do that has been closed down by the authorities.

I saw that happen on IW once, back in the days of Steve Whatley. He was shocked when it happened, but, to his credit he didn't let the gallery cut the lady off, he let her have her say live on air! After that, things did start to improve!

I find IW still knock spots off QVC though. I recently ordered some items and when it arrived, sadly one of the items was incorrect. I emailed IW's CS to ask what I can do about returning it. I received a very nice and apologetic email that also contained a link for me to download a Collect+ label so I can send it straight back for free. No being called a liar, or having to wait a week on the chance a label might show up in the post. Fortunately for me, I have a Collect+ drop-off spot opposite where I live, so it couldn't have been easier. As said earlier in the thread, given how much QVC charge for their services, this should be standard for them, especially as we know so many other retailers can provide it. I don't see how they can keep calling themselves the #1 shopping channel anymore.

I always watch the fashion hours on IW . I have not bought anything for many years from there, but I like their idea of capped postage and their one charge for different sizes and different colours. How I wish QVC would do the same! Why can't the Q move with the times?
IW now allows customers to try out the clothes and footwear. They also have extended return date over the Christmas period. Look out QVC!!

You wouldn't be able to do this unfortunately, there's a time delay precisely so this can't happen.

You wouldn't be able to do this unfortunately, there's a time delay precisely so this can't happen.

Yes, you are right, also,I think as soon as anyone thinks that the caller is up to mischief, they cut the call with some excuse . They have our membership number, email id and other info, so there is no escape:giggle: Otherwise I think they will be getting a lot of calls from a lot of angry members.

Latest posts

Back