The Look Book

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Imogene9500

Registered Shopper
Does anyone remember the book 'The Lure of Coloured Rocks' a 500 page book that was sent free with orders around 2009. Fascinating introduction to everything to do with gemstones and beautifully presented. I have quite a few of the designs shown which were every bit as lovely in real life and enjoyed over the years. I think the success and brand of Gems was all based on this context but it has been diluted and stretched too far sadly.

Does anyone remember the book 'The Lure of Coloured Rocks' a 500 page book that was sent free with orders around 2009. Fascinating introduction to everything to do with gemstones and beautifully presented. I have quite a few of the designs shown which were every bit as lovely in real life and enjoyed over the years. I think the success and brand of Gems was all based on this context but it has been diluted and stretched too far sadly.
Yes, I remember ending up with several, as they were sent out with every purchase (?). I remember the very first day they were on air, it’s a much slicker operation now, and it has lost something in that transition.

Yes it was a uniquely personal experience then because the business was so much smaller. You could email Steve or Sarah then and have a quick reply which clearly would change as the business grew. I just feel would be good to reconnect with those gemstone roots as that was the USP but also put customer service at the forefront. I haven't experienced it myself but if the policy is to refund customers in 30 plus days that is quite shocking.

Oh, at one point as I was told by the call centre that the refund policy was not 30 days but was 30 WORKING days, so six weeks - by which time, of course, if you bought on split-pay they had also taken the second payment.

I've got Steve Bennett's "The Lure of Gems" from 2014. A hefty 1,400 pages but a really interesting tome to dip into. Cost me £30 I think at the time but well worth it. Always go to it when I'm curious about what elements colour a particular mineral.

Latest posts

Back