This Is A Man's World....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
will you be tuning into "the singing sensation - mary byrne" this week?

or are you hearing them trail the show so much that by the time its aired you'll be ready to strangle her?

They always overdo the trailers,by the time whatever it is actually comes on air you have already had enough of it.The same with the repetative music they use for certain days-ie beauty day.

There'll be one less woman in this 'mans world' if I have to hear her shouty, over the top voice one more time.......:mysmilie_503:

Is she someone famous, I've never heard of her until this week. She sure belts out that song, wonder if the whole CD is like that ?

I am absolutely cocking sick to death of that chuffer of an advert. I am also cocking sick to death of that chuffing song being used to also promote the 'Designer Event' on Thursday. A designer event with no designers on it, and promoted with a cover version of a song by a woman who hasn't had any chart success yet. Wonderful.

*shuffles off muttering about 'fings ain't wot vey used to be vo...'*

I am absolutely cocking sick to death of that chuffer of an advert. I am also cocking sick to death of that chuffing song being used to also promote the 'Designer Event' on Thursday. A designer event with no designers on it, and promoted with a cover version of a song by a woman who hasn't had any chart success yet. Wonderful.

*shuffles off muttering about 'fings ain't wot vey used to be vo...'*

Interesting imagery your vocabulary conjures up: not something I'd thought I'd get on a shopping telly website.

But it's certainly livened up my boring Sunday! :handshake:

Interesting imagery your vocabulary conjures up: not something I'd thought I'd get on a shopping telly website.

But it's certainly livened up my boring Sunday! :handshake:

:handshake:

Who said Sunday was just about roast potatoes and Songs of Pwaise? It's about using the word cocking and making tart comments about tv shopping!!

Mwah x

did anyone hear Julia describing Mary Byrne as "Tesco Mary" I know this was her nickname when she was in X Factor but I thought it rather bitchy of Julia given that the woman is being hyped on the channel that pays Julia's wages and treats her to jollies in the US. Unprofessional behaviour IMO

did anyone hear Julia describing Mary Byrne as "Tesco Mary" I know this was her nickname when she was in X Factor but I thought it rather bitchy of Julia given that the woman is being hyped on the channel that pays Julia's wages and treats her to jollies in the US. Unprofessional behaviour IMO

The name has been used by loads of people, just my opinion but I don't think there is anything bitchy about it.

I think it's the usual pattern for any CD/singer they are promoting on Q. They do it to death and we all get fed of it long before it airs :headbang:. I found it surprising when Q started with the CD's as many download or buy from various other cheaper sites but they must think they have a market. :thinking:
I quite like Marys attitude to X Factor, she knew she wouldn't win but always wanted to have a go at a singing career. If she makes a bit of cash, good luck to her :rock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfHWP86I9Mk&feature=related

Last edited:
I think it's the usual pattern for any CD/singer they are promoting on Q. They do it to death and we all get fed of it long before it airs :headbang:. I found it surprising when Q started with the CD's as many download or buy from various other cheaper sites but they must think they have a market. :thinking:
I quite like Marys attitude to X Factor, she knew she wouldn't win but always wanted to have a go at a singing career. If she makes a bit of cash, good luck to her :rock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfHWP86I9Mk&feature=related

its the market of people who wouldnt dream of ordering something off amazon or play.com, and who dont understand iTunes. and who wouldnt go into a high street store to buy music because they'd be totally befuddled by the whole experience (assuming they could find a high street store selling music these days).
i'm not being disrespectful, i'm not young myself, but look at the artists Q feature. its all about the middle aged and older market many of whom probably dont access music the same way as the younger generation is doing these days.
so we get the artist on QVC and charge a premium for the album because people will heave a sigh of relief that they can get hold of the CD by john barrowman or elaine paige without going going into HMV and speaking to someone with a funny accent. if they know theyre being overcharged they dont care.

Good luck to her, down to earth lady who's been through tough times and is now enjoying a lucky break. And she can sing!.

(mum writes)

It's not my sort of music on the whole, but the song she sang this morning, "I just call you mine" I actually thought was rather nice. I don't watch X-Factor, so I'd not heard of her before and actually turned the volume up so I could hear what she sounded like. Wasn't bad on the whole :) Good luck to her :)

Also, I notice that QVC are at the same price as Amazon now, with free delivery. I guess they are realising they have competition!

Latest posts

Back