Tili - lots on clearance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PennyPitStop

Registered Shopper
Lots of Tili reduced, but still overpriced.

That red bag with contents has been around since Christmas-ish 2020. It's the one with a lipstick that expired I think April 2021. The other option from Dr P had a short shelf life and had half the size they said initially.
If I had around £109 to spend on beauty products, then I'd want to pick and choose exactly what I wanted, and the vanity case wouldn't be on the list that's for sure. Great if everything/most of the items in the set was things you were familiar with and liked, but this isn't likely. I guess it would make a nice gift for someone special (They'd have to be very special at that price). Sets like this go against the Tili philosphy...as in try things out at a bargain price to see whether or not you'll buy them again. Just an expensive set of beauty products...and if the products are expired/coming to the end of their shelf life that's disgraceful...and for that reason the set should be sold for a much reduced price!

If I had around £109 to spend on beauty products, then I'd want to pick and choose exactly what I wanted, and the vanity case wouldn't be on the list that's for sure. Great if everything/most of the items in the set was things you were familiar with and liked, but this isn't likely. I guess it would make a nice gift for someone special (They'd have to be very special at that price). Sets like this go against the Tili philosphy...as in try things out at a bargain price to see whether or not you'll buy them again. Just an expensive set of beauty products...and if the products are expired/coming to the end of their shelf life that's disgraceful...and for that reason the set should be sold for a much reduced price!

I've long given up on Tili, Try It Loath It for me. I think they had a great idea but tried to make too much money not provide something customers wanted.

The beauty boxes sold out, they put the price up and quantity down, so people don't buy.

I understand they are a business and there to make money but if they don't sell what people want they won't make money.

I like the coloured Tili Boxes - I use them for storing stash and they look good on my shelves and teach me that I don't have to have identical boxes.

One thing I wish a lot of the beauty boxes did was to turn them into storage for craft or beauty or whatever is your thing. And why can't they be drawer type things giving easy access. I've converted some of mine but not 100% with it.

I recently bought a set of dressing table storage drawers from Amazon for £27 (free delivery) which are identical to the ones that QVC are selling for £35 (plus £4 postage) and mine have three more drawers.

I also did buy the three white headbands last year, to replace one that I had for over 10 years. These were rubbish and fell apart after a few uses.

I recently bought a set of dressing table storage drawers from Amazon for £27 (free delivery) which are identical to the ones that QVC are selling for £35 (plus £4 postage) and mine have three more drawers.

I also did buy the three white headbands last year, to replace one that I had for over 10 years. These were rubbish and fell apart after a few uses.
Link, please moomoo?

Just found this thread.

I got an email from Q about their Black Friday deals and noticed one good reduction! (50% off!)

It’s a Tili silicone facial cleanser? One of those rechargeable ones and am thinking about two nieces for Christmas.

Has anyone tried one??
Apparently it was included in a previous Tili deal (possibly a TSV not sure).

Here’s the link. It’s down to £12.50 plus postage. Any thoughts?!

Just found this thread.

I got an email from Q about their Black Friday deals and noticed one good reduction! (50% off!)

It’s a Tili silicone facial cleanser? One of those rechargeable ones and am thinking about two nieces for Christmas.

Has anyone tried one??

I have one from Lidl, bought 5+ years ago. Brush one side, lines the other side for massage.

I've also got a traditional brush. Biggest thing with this is you have to renew the brush, they say every three months. But as I only use it now and again, mine gets changed when I feel it needs it. New brushes gave an ongoing cost. I managed to get a job lot of brushes when my model went out of sale. Therefore I'd never recommend a brush one.

It is said that silicone ones don't grow mildew but I have seen pics. Other than a charge perhaps 2-3 times a year no ongoing costs. With me silicone one needs less recharging.

I use the silicone one more for massage than wash and I find it helps with headaches to reduce tension.

Would I buy another silicone one - yes and about this price. Glad I've got it as it kills the FOMO but can live without it. I prefer it to traditional brush.

I've watched the video and it is good it has different speeds, think mine has two speeds but has a massage and a cleanse programme, Tili one has 5 speeds. One thing the Tili doesn't have that I find useful is a timer to move onto the next section. That is useful. So a negative for Tili.

Positive for Tili is it's waterproof, I don't think mine is.

You need to check how it is charged I couldn't figure that out. Is it a cable in its back or does it have a magnet pod that you put on, more like a rechargeable toothbrush? If it is a cable in its back that might be a place for water to go in.

Conclusion... I think it is OK for this price, not worth £25. The Foreo rechargeable ones are £100+. They do a disposable one cheaper and its tiny but cute and not environmentally friendly but cute.

Just found this thread.

Has anyone tried one??

It's a good saving based on Q's regular price, but still expensive IMO. I do think that they're a good product though and I've bought a few as stocking fillers in the past, but shop around, you should be able to get them elsewhere for less than £10.00.

I have one from Lidl, bought 5+ years ago. Brush one side, lines the other side for massage.

I've also got a traditional brush. Biggest thing with this is you have to renew the brush, they say every three months. But as I only use it now and again, mine gets changed when I feel it needs it. New brushes gave an ongoing cost. I managed to get a job lot of brushes when my model went out of sale. Therefore I'd never recommend a brush one.

It is said that silicone ones don't grow mildew but I have seen pics. Other than a charge perhaps 2-3 times a year no ongoing costs. With me silicone one needs less recharging.

I use the silicone one more for massage than wash and I find it helps with headaches to reduce tension.

Would I buy another silicone one - yes and about this price. Glad I've got it as it kills the FOMO but can live without it. I prefer it to traditional brush.

I've watched the video and it is good it has different speeds, think mine has two speeds but has a massage and a cleanse programme, Tili one has 5 speeds. One thing the Tili doesn't have that I find useful is a timer to move onto the next section. That is useful. So a negative for Tili.

Positive for Tili is it's waterproof, I don't think mine is.

You need to check how it is charged I couldn't figure that out. Is it a cable in its back or does it have a magnet pod that you put on, more like a rechargeable toothbrush? If it is a cable in its back that might be a place for water to go in.

Conclusion... I think it is OK for this price, not worth £25. The Foreo rechargeable ones are £100+. They do a disposable one cheaper and its tiny but cute and not environmentally friendly but cute.
Wow thank you so much for that - such a quick, comprehensive and useful reply! Thanks so much! 👏🏼

(The Tili charges via usb cable in the back - but apparently it’s really well “hidden” so hopefully still waterproof!)

It's a good saving based on Q's regular price, but still expensive IMO. I do think that they're a good product though and I've bought a few as stocking fillers in the past, but shop around, you should be able to get them elsewhere for less than £10.00.
Thanks. Thought £12.50 was okay tho once you add postage..!

Where have you seen them under £10?!

There are several on amazon but they’re all unheard of makes - and although Tili kind of is too, at least QVC has 60 day guarantee and some come in theory?! (Can’t believe I’m saying that!!)

I’ve got one and I love it. It’s so easy to use and holds its charge for ages. I got it in the beauty box and think I’ve only charged it twice and it’s used every day. We live in a very hard water area and it hasn’t turned ugly! Thanks for the heads up on the offer - will get one for my daughter.

Thanks. Thought £12.50 was okay tho once you add postage..!

Where have you seen them under £10?!

There are several on amazon but they’re all unheard of makes - and although Tili kind of is too, at least QVC has 60 day guarantee and some come in theory?! (Can’t believe I’m saying that!!)
I actually bought mine from IW but as you say, they were just a generic model that seems only to be sold by them. Saying that though, it must have been 5 years since I bought them and my niece tells me that it's still working perfectly.
It looked pretty much identical to this to be honest...

I’ve got one and I love it. It’s so easy to use and holds its charge for ages. I got it in the beauty box and think I’ve only charged it twice and it’s used every day. We live in a very hard water area and it hasn’t turned ugly! Thanks for the heads up on the offer - will get one for my daughter.
Oh great thanks for that :)
Great to know esp as it was also a ‘Tili’ one too. Think I’m going to go for it.
I did suggest to mum for my nephew in grey too, but she couldn’t see that happening ;)

I actually bought mine from IW but as you say, they were just a generic model that seems only to be sold by them. Saying that though, it must have been 5 years since I bought them and my niece tells me that it's still working perfectly.
It looked pretty much identical to this to be honest...

Thank you.
Never watched IW or thought to look there actually!
That’s lasted well then!

Had look at the amazon - very cute! The packaging is a complete rip off of the Foreo mini - except it says “Newcastle” instead of Luna!

Was just wondering what cleanser you use with the silicone brush thingies?!

I’m thinking that a C&P type cleanser won’t work well with it, because it’s so claggy, but wondered what those who have one tend to use?

Thank you!

PS. Aldi has its own version of the silicone electric cleansers for sale atm. £11.99 and come in 3 colours linked to skin types! X

Had one included in the last Tili box, also bought one from Aldi, when they were reduced to £5.99 earlier in the year. I find they are best used with a wash off cleanser. I use mine wet, with cleanse & polish.

Had one included in the last Tili box, also bought one from Aldi, when they were reduced to £5.99 earlier in the year. I find they are best used with a wash off cleanser. I use mine wet, with cleanse & polish.
Ah thanks for replying :)

Are you happy with the Aldi one? £6 is a big bargain!
Would’ve bought myself one at that price!

I did buy Lacura sleep mask tho for £5! :)

Good to know C&P works okay with the silicone “brush”... thanks x

Ah thanks for replying :)

Are you happy with the Aldi one? £6 is a big bargain!
Would’ve bought myself one at that price!

I did buy Lacura sleep mask tho for £5! :)

Good to know C&P works okay with the silicone “brush”... thanks x
Haven’t tried the Aldi one yet, as I had already started using the Tili one. I only bought it because it was such a good price! It looks ok though.Our Aldi often reduce their beauty stuff after it has been a ‘special buy’ and they have stock left over. I’m keeping my eyes open to see what they reduce after Christmas !

Latest posts

Back