Time to switch off - again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Got in from work after an extremely early start - I'm a shift worker - and, when I turned on to the Q, whose presenting skills (misrepresentaion of definition) was I being subjected to? Dumbests, of course. She seems to have been on all afternoon. I never watch QVC when she is on. Thank goodness we have the ability to switch over to another channel. Hopefully, what I wanted to see will be on air later today with another presenter. Anna Cookson and Michael Murphy are, in that order, just marginally better than her. Obviously, we don't have to watch her or read her blog, neither of which I do; if she is not talking about her husband, it's the baby - does she think she is the only woman to get married and be expecting a child? - or renovating the house. She actually believes we are interested in her daily life. Or she gets some satisfaction from boring us all rigid herself! I do live in the hope that, she will be so enamoured by motherhood, she will decide to be a stay at home mum. (I promise I've been a good girl this year, S:sleepy::mail:anta!)

I like her, I think she's come on leaps and bounds.

However i know how it feels to be so irritated that you have to switch off. Cough cough Chuntley

Its funny what irritates one may go unnoticed by another. I dont mind Carmel but find her a bit hard to listen to for a full hour (voice is a bit harsh/ gratey for me) but Jill or Julia, I have to really want to watch the product to be able to stick either of them.

I also think she's come on leaps and bounds, seems a bit more natural somehow, ifkwim.

Anna is ****** woeful, she's trying too hard and comes across as forced or insincere

I also think she's come on leaps and bounds, seems a bit more natural somehow, ifkwim.

Anna is ****** woeful, she's trying too hard and comes across as forced or insincere

I concur. Anna does come over as quite insincere, as if she is trying too hard yet is not meant to be doing the job. The secret to a professional and talented presenter is, IMO, when it looks as if they are doing what comes naturally to them, they are not having to behave in a way which is alien to them.

I concur. Anna does come over as quite insincere, as if she is trying too hard yet is not meant to be doing the job. The secret to a professional and talented presenter is, IMO, when it looks as if they are doing what comes naturally to them, they are not having to behave in a way which is alien to them.

Well that rules most of.them out then

I don't find her annoying enough to switch off and I agree she has improved, but her voice gets on my nerves after a while. It's so harsh, she almost sounds like she's quacking sometimes! Also, the constant wedding and baby stuff - she seems a bit smug to me.

I really really dislike Carmel Hope her and her hubby and happy with the baby but hope she is so happy she doesnt come back. She is so up herself, so irratingly smug. Yes you have a hubby. bully for you

I hate it when they trot out all the same old tripe. Notice that the newer ones have learned the stock phrases off by heart. Carmel tends to use them even if not appropriate to the product. Wearing clothes to BBQ in November is a load of shite.
do they never watch the show back? I remember that they said the managers dicected a show each day and they always hoped it was not their show that was picked. Obviously that guy doesn't work there anymore.

Latest posts

Back