Today's Facial Sonic Cleaning Thingy S V.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd be interested to hear from someone who has tried both. Perhaps if you get the Clarisonic, you could post a comparison review for us. :talking:

I can't see me getting one for a long while to be honest, in the hopes the price comes down :smirk:

Hello. I'm a new posting member although I've been reading the posts for a while, usually to get a heads up on a TSV.

I was quite interested in this product - the reviews are very positive. However, looking at this thread, several members seem to be suggesting that it is inferior to the Clarisonic. I'm must wondering on what basis that judgement is being made as I, obviously, don't want to waste my money. Clearly there is a price difference but could anyone tell me what the difference is in the actual technical specifications of the products? Or failing that what the difference is between this product and the Clarisonic? Is the Clarisonic more powerful in some way?

Information gratefully received.

warmest welcome

Hi Peartree thanks for asking this Q, I was reading this thread and wondering exactly the same.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy! :hi:

Jude xx

I can't see me getting one for a long while to be honest, in the hopes the price comes down :smirk:

Yes. Unless I skip about four TSVs that I would otherwise have bought, I can't really justify this purchase. If Space NK have sole distribution rights in the UK, it can't really go in our favour, I fear. :sad:

Teessvee, I should have suggested that Gem bought you a Clarisonic so that you could do a comparison. LOL

There is one on ebay if you don't mind buying a transformer. It is the Plus one which retails at £150 and the bidding is at £67 but runs out in an hour and a half.

I am on my way out or I would seriously consider bidding.

There is one on ebay if you don't mind buying a transformer. It is the Plus one which retails at £150 and the bidding is at £67 but runs out in an hour and a half.

I am on my way out or I would seriously consider bidding.

It went for £160.

Just back!

O wow!!! Thanks for posting this Janm.

I think I made a mistake and that the Plus model retails at SpaceNK for £171.28 but for somebody to pay £160 on ebay is surprising. I knew the bidding would hot up whilst I was out but I would have guessed at £120. It just shows how popular it is!

LOL Love A'kin. I am not holding you responsible!!!!

I am having such problems with my skin at the moment that I thought I would get a range of A'kin products and use nothing else for a while to see if I get an improvement from what I think could be Rosacea.

I usually use a conglomeration of products - all from QVC - and, perhaps my skin is reacting. Using one brand of pure skincare will, hopefully, calm down my skin.

That's pretty much how it worked in my case. Simplifying down to just a few good quality products calmed everything down.

Of course I've been using all sorts over the last couple of months trying to use things up, but I've tended to use my A'kin as a base and just slot the odd thing in here and there and use most things up on my body rather than my face.

As much as I love A'kin I do find it hard to keep things simple. I'm really interested in beauty products and whenever I hear of one that might work for me I'm tempted to add it in! :blush:

Luckily :D most things I want to try have ingredients in them that I would like to avoid so it's getting easier. :sun:

Do let us know how you get on Tilly. :flower:

I am having such problems with my skin at the moment that I thought I would get a range of A'kin products and use nothing else for a while to see if I get an improvement from what I think could be Rosacea.

I usually use a conglomeration of products - all from QVC - and, perhaps my skin is reacting. Using one brand of pure skincare will, hopefully, calm down my skin.

My skin has REALLY improved since using A'kin (but I do still dip into my beloved Korres from time to time). The reason I started using A'kin was because I was overloading my skin and as it's cleared up, I think that may have been the case!

What symptoms are you getting to make you think you have rosacea? I get red lumps/bumps which take forever to go down, rather than general redness - and the break outs seem to occur as the seasons change. I haven't had one so far so am hoping my new routine is working. May be worth going to the Dr to get it your skin checked out just to be on the safe side.

Thanks Love A'kin and Cupcake.

I had been blessed with problem free skin depite it being fair, delicate and inclined to freckle. A month ago, my nose and cheeks started to break out in tiny, tiny red spots and the apples of my cheeks looked as though I had overdone the blusher.

I got out my range of Alpha H but that made it much, much worse. Tried LE for a week but although that didn't make it worse, it didn't improve things.

Found some Philosopy Purity Cleanser in my stash and that has calmed my skin a little.

As I said, I decided to splurge on A'kin and use just one range of natural skincare in case the numerous pots and tubes I was using were exacerbating the problem.

It could be that I have just developed an allergy to something I am using but would that just show on nose and cheeks? I don't know.

I am looking forward to trying A'kin and have my fingers crossed that it will calm my skin, stop the spots and reduce the redness.

If all else fails, I will see a doc but that is easier said than done in my neck of the woods!!!

I will let you know how I get on.

Hello. I'm a new posting member although I've been reading the posts for a while, usually to get a heads up on a TSV.

I was quite interested in this product - the reviews are very positive. However, looking at this thread, several members seem to be suggesting that it is inferior to the Clarisonic. I'm must wondering on what basis that judgement is being made as I, obviously, don't want to waste my money. Clearly there is a price difference but could anyone tell me what the difference is in the actual technical specifications of the products? Or failing that what the difference is between this product and the Clarisonic? Is the Clarisonic more powerful in some way?

Information gratefully received.

Hello...... Anyone?

Hello...... Anyone?

Peartree, welcome first of all... I think only a few people here have a Clarisonic as until weeks ago it was only available in the US, so there might not be many peeps able to help, it's a new gadget for us all!!! But I'm sure the few who have had the pleasure to try it will be here soon. However, if this is any help, there is a thread in the drop on the clarisonic and it was full of praise for it (even though that admittedly this is probably not very helpful on the comparison front...:cheeky:)

Hi Peartree and welcome.

As Sillysausage said, both gagets are new to most of us and I can't see anyone forking out for both - but you never know! LOL.

Perhaps the main consideration is cost. If you can part easily with £150 - £170, I would go for the Clarisonic as it is a well known make with a cult following. If you want a body brush option then the Clarisonic is for you.

If you aren't bothered about the body brush option and blanch at the thought of the Clarisonic cost then why not give the QVC one a try? It is a snip at £35 and has good reviews.

I do wonder if this is a similar dilemma to the GHD straighteners versus the rest? Many think GHDs are a total waste of money and others think they are worth every penny and wouldn't use anything else.

Could it be that one's hair or skin are determining factors? Who knows. I don't.

These are my meandering thoughts whilst I ponder but I believe I will go for the Clarisonic as I have skin problems at the moment and am prepared to pay to try to solve them. Rosacea is mentioned for Clarisonic but not for the TreSonic and this is also a sway for me.

Hello...... Anyone?

Hiya my lovely :hi:

I haven't got either so I can't help my lovely, and I think that's possibly why you haven't had many (any?) replies to your question as I don't s'pose many of us have both with which to do a proper comparison. (and if we do we haven't had them for very long.)

I think as Tilly says this is quite a GHD-esque situation.

I have easy to manage hair and when it was long I always got fab results with £19 straighteners (bought from QVC obviously!) ;) But I can understand why somebody else with different needs and different hair texture might get better results with GHDs.

I expect it's very similar with the 'sonics. I can't imagine what the Clarisonic does that's worth £130 more than the TreSonic which many people seem very happy with.

(and that's pretty much exactly what I said about GHDs!) :D

Hi Peartree and welcome.

As Sillysausage said, both gagets are new to most of us and I can't see anyone forking out for both - but you never know! LOL.

Perhaps the main consideration is cost. If you can part easily with £150 - £170, I would go for the Clarisonic as it is a well known make with a cult following. If you want a body brush option then the Clarisonic is for you.

If you aren't bothered about the body brush option and blanch at the thought of the Clarisonic cost then why not give the QVC one a try? It is a snip at £35 and has good reviews.

I do wonder if this is a similar dilemma to the GHD straighteners versus the rest? Many think GHDs are a total waste of money and others think they are worth every penny and wouldn't use anything else.

Could it be that one's hair or skin are determining factors? Who knows. I don't.

These are my meandering thoughts whilst I ponder but I believe I will go for the Clarisonic as I have skin problems at the moment and am prepared to pay to try to solve them. Rosacea is mentioned for Clarisonic but not for the TreSonic and this is also a sway for me.

I wonder if it comes down to how fast the gadget oscillates. In order to qualify as sonic, the machine will need to oscillate at a sonic frequency; but I wonder if there is much room for variance within that frequency. Hmm.

Latest posts

Back