Tova

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Watching Tova on with Dale, I noticed how she had trouble getting her words out, like a more elderly lady in perhaps late 80's or 90s. So it made me wonder how old she is. Take out of the equation the 'work' she has had done to her face, and her slightly scary hairstyle, and I hazard a guess at about 85.

I was surprised to learn, - and if its correct, that she's 6 years older than me !!!! at 78. Knowing that she's been at QVC forever, then (in my mind) she's looked the same all the time. Yes she has old school elegance and is always camera perfect, but perhaps she needs to call it a day now, as there were times when she struggled to even converse with Dale.

Over the years on this forum people have guessed Tova's age and always surprised she was younger than we all thought. Now there might be a few fibs on actual age well known in the public knock a few years off.

I think it's the teeth at least for the last year she seems to almost lisp, I'm guessing she got a new set of nasshers.
I think she has lost weight together with the bigger teeth can’t help.
I certainly admire her zest for life and her still being able to travel from the USA.
Together that she is still able to live out the enjoyable times she shared with Ernest, her pride in her like it or not appearance. Tova certainly sells a certain sort of love and romance. She certainly appeals to some QVC female shoppers with her jewellery and scents if that makes them feel positive about themselves, then all well and good.

Not my style but at least she doesn’t rabbit on (other than Ernie and since he provided the originals there is an excuse) and seems to be able to keep the presenters in check.

unfortuately when people get wor done whatever it does to the roof of their mouth they can barely speak. Carol V is a prime example (but it does help you use a chainsaw the stupid bint)

I've always liked Tova but I know what you mean about the new teeth. I missed her this time but noticed they were different when she was last on. I used to think she slurred a bit, like she'd had a few glasses of champagne before going on air. I wonder what happened with her skincare range, which she said she was bringing back a few years ago.

Not my style but at least she doesn’t rabbit on (other than Ernie and since he provided the originals there is an excuse) and seems to be able to keep the presenters in check.

unfortuately when people get wor done whatever it does to the roof of their mouth they can barely speak. Carol V is a prime example (but it does help you use a chainsaw the stupid bint)

LATI, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that about Carol V. She's almost unrecognisable now, and when she does the adverts for funeral insurance she even sounds different !!

Not forgetting "Its June, Dad ! ".

We're supposed to be enjoying retirement, but daytime ads who plead £2 or £3 a month for everything from insurance, funeral plans, water aid, save the children, rspca, etc is enough to make you hit the gin bottle !!

Oh yes, the ITV3 daytime ads leave Q in their wake. I'm still working full-time but I tape Classic Corrie cos I love it but really, the ads are beyond assumptive and exploitive!

I've always liked Tova but I know what you mean about the new teeth. I missed her this time but noticed they were different when she was last on. I used to think she slurred a bit, like she'd had a few glasses of champagne before going on air. I wonder what happened with her skincare range, which she said she was bringing back a few years ago.

QVC bought out her skincare, perfume years back and discontinued everything. So it is their decision really what they bring back not Tova's she might say oh customers are asking about my skincare etc but they make the final decision. No doubt they think they have enough older ranges now, I mean how the hell does Gayle Hayman hang on in there?

Do not mention June, I f*cking hate those ads!

Over the years on this forum people have guessed Tova's age and always surprised she was younger than we all thought. Now there might be a few fibs on actual age well known in the public knock a few years off.
I thought she must be 80 by now and when I looked up to see it said 78 !

Not forgetting "Its June, Dad ! ".

We're supposed to be enjoying retirement, but daytime ads who plead £2 or £3 a month for everything from insurance, funeral plans, water aid, save the children, rspca, etc is enough to make you hit the gin bottle !!
There are a few adverts featuring 'dad' & I saw the one yesterday where he's making a sandwich. I'm surprised he hasn't fallen off the twig already looking at the amount of butter & cheese he likes 😲

What they don't mention but it is in the very small print you have to be paying in for quite a while to get the sum of money they say you will get. Die within the first or second year of starting you actually get very little.

I have donated my body to medical research, all the forms filled in and sent off. One, you are helping train doctors and two no funeral to pay for, they bury or cremate your body when they are finished with it. I chose cremate

What they don't mention but it is in the very small print you have to be paying in for quite a while to get the sum of money they say you will get. Die within the first or second year of starting you actually get very little.

I have donated my body to medical research, all the forms filled in and sent off. One, you are helping train doctors and two no funeral to pay for, they bury or cremate your body when they are finished with it. I chose cremate

Donna I‘ve just started to think about that, I looked but didn’t know if I’d found the legitimate web page, if possible could you message me a link please.

I'm having a direct cremation, without a ceremony, & my ashes will go up in a firework to one of my favourite pieces of music - I've written them down so the person who sets off the rocket makes the choice. I've even checked that my three best books, my Wendy Boston teddy & an etching that I love can go with me & that I can wear my wedding band, favourite jacket & pearl studs.

Last edited:
I'm having a direct cremation, without a ceremony, & my ashes will go up in a firework to one of my favourite pieces of music - I've written them down so the person who sets off the rocket makes the choice. I've even checked that my three best books, my Wendy Boston teddy & an etching that I love can go with me & that I can wear my wedding band, favourite jacket & pearl studs.

Me too! T I’m not having a service either (y) and I want a wicker coffin 😍

I was listening to a Tanya Tucker ”Bring my flowers now” this morning and thought it was spot on.

My father bought a pre paid funeral with the funeral company we had used on previous occasions. he decided absolutely everything so when the time came I just took the documents to the undertaker and apart from personal flowers I had no decision (and no cost), it was much easier than others I was involved in. No debating, no arguments as he had made the choices. Luckily there wouldn’t have been arguments anyway but I have known problems from my inlaws.

I haven’t made any decisions yet but I really should before CV comes knocking!

Tova has even managed to keep spaniel ears from her normal giddy shenanigans. Perhaps it is pairing of snowflake BAs and self obsessed presenters that is the big problem.

Latest posts

Back