Tova

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Having semi retired I’m astounded at the amount of funeral plans, equity release etc adverts during the day most of which involve CV creeping around like the Angel of Death . Can’t abide the woman

LATI.... I'm going to make your day ! Its been reported that Carole Vorderman would 'kill' for the job of replacing Sandi Toksvig on GBBO ! according to her she's not on the telly much now because she's choosy about what she does (yeah right, more like she's not getting the work), and is clearly now touting for the job - she should get Prince Harry on board he could put in a word !

Me toooooo, I plan a wicker coffin covered in greenery with white flowers ! so much more pretty anyway than a wooden box. And all the ladies will wear one of my headbands (my relatives will be only too glad to get rid of them ;))

Me toooooo, I plan a wicker coffin covered in greenery with white flowers ! so much more pretty anyway than a wooden box. And all the ladies will wear one of my headbands (my relatives will be only too glad to get rid of them ;))
On another cheerful note I am having a white cardboard coffin and people can write messages on it and my grandkids or if I live long enough, my great grandkids can draw pictures on it. I read an article a while ago about what is called Coffin Clubs and people meet together socially and customise their own coffins even though they may not need them for years, in fact they don`t call them coffins they call them customised underground furniture. One lady covered hers with drawings and pictures of teapots one man was an avid motor racing fan so did his in the form of a chequered flag which is waved at the finish line and so on. The article I read was in a newspaper ages ago but here`s a YouTube link to the same group.

I'm having a direct cremation, without a ceremony, & my ashes will go up in a firework to one of my favourite pieces of music - I've written them down so the person who sets off the rocket makes the choice. I've even checked that my three best books, my Wendy Boston teddy & an etching that I love can go with me & that I can wear my wedding band, favourite jacket & pearl studs.
Me too! T I’m not having a service either (y) and I want a wicker coffin 😍

Thought ‘‘twas only me again, I don’t want any type of funeral service either
Must have a look into the coffins made of wicker

I just adore Tova. She is the epitome of style and glamour. When I look at her clothes, I often decide she wears couture, I could be wrong but they are top not h and more than just designer. I imagine her having fittings. Well, she can certainly afford it. I think that Ernest was considerably older than her, and she us in fact 78.

I did notice her difficulties as mentioned by brissles. I think brissles is close to my age. I reached 71 in December.

I did catch a little of one show, and yes, she really is struggling to speak. I'm sure she could afford to have implants, not dodgy dentures. I did wonder if her cheeks have been pulled so tight, that she's having some difficulty moving her mouth.

She certainly looks great, maybe the speaking is an unexpected consequence?

I just adore Tova. She is the epitome of style and glamour. When I look at her clothes, I often decide she wears couture, I could be wrong but they are top not h and more than just designer. I imagine her having fittings. Well, she can certainly afford it. I think that Ernest was considerably older than her, and she us in fact 78.

I did notice her difficulties as mentioned by brissles. I think brissles is close to my age. I reached 71 in December.
Still a spring chicken then!

I agree with all that you said about Tova and more - she's beyond glamourous. I do however, remember being really shocked when I saw pics of their home when Ernie was alive. I was expecting something like the Carrington mansion on Dynasty, with a huge, winding staircase that Tova would sweep down looking utterly fabulous. The reality was quite macho in style, dated and stale. It lacked what my dear old grandmother used to refer to as "a woman's touch". I was more than a little disappointed and my illusions shattered and then I realised Tova's time must be totally taken up with looking good and wearing exquisite couture and jewellery, premium skin and haircare, and exotic 'parfam's' to have the capacity to look at decorators' colour palates and swabs from interior designers.

I have just remembered I thought I read quite some time ago that she was having financial troubles.

Did I hear her say she was his 6th wife? I know he had a long career with a couple of big roles but not in the income group of Clooney/Depp/Jolie (of course he could have had other side income) so I always wonder how he could have afforded all this luxury jewellery considering he would probably have done the same to the previous 5 plus divorce settlements and still living the lifestyle of Hollywood.

i do remember hearing that the likes of Burton and Taylor had part of their contracts that they received mega jewellery in addition to the money from the studios. If this is the case perhaps it is really Warner (other studios available) rather than Ernie who stumped up!

I think their marriage lasted longer than his previous four combined. Does anyone remember her book from when she was first on Q - "How To Stay Married Forever"?

His marriage to Ethel Merman lasted a month, he said she was miffed when he was approached by fans more on their honeymoon.

Latest posts

Back