Traversee Du Bosphore

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
A couple of reviews from Basenotes.net of this L'Artisan perfume for sale on Q. Before we dive in, I'd like to say that just saying the words "Traversee Du Bosphore" and "Bertrand Duchaufour" in my best rolling tongued French accent gives me IMMENSE pleasure. And here are the reviews....

"At midpoint between turkish delight and old-fashioned paper glue. The image is of a first-floor office somewhere in a bustling Istanbul street in 1924, a clerk is busy pasting stamps on a pile of letters, while the smells from the Lokoum store downstairs waft upwards. It's an interesting smell, but impossible as a perfume for actual wear."

And

"This is more Brazilian Carnaval than Turkish Bazaar. No dates or heavy spices in this feast, it's more of a picnic of juicy fruit, fresh figs, pistachio, and a glass of champagne in a field of honeysuckle. Nothing salty or animalic - even the musk is just there for balance and warmth. I find it to be rich without being overly sweet. More than anything, Traversee du Bosphore is CLEAN without feeling aquatic - even in the later stages where a supple leather surfaces. The lokoum is unmistakable, but there is something more pungent. Perhaps it is less about the apple on the top, and more about the freshly fermented cider in the midsection that gives this a particular sparkle."

So basically it's either really nice or completely unwearable. The reviews on Q would support the latter, it's a one star turkey. I think it sounds amazing :0)

That is the thing with reviews especially on perfume or even make up. One person will think its the holy grail another the dredges of stink or texture.

Have to admit never tried this one, have been interested in it though.

Blind buying as its call can be a nightmare and not for the unadventurous, but with QVC you can send it back so not so bad(apart from the ****** postage).

I would advise, go to Basenotes and as well as the fragrance directory go to the male section do a search for the perfume. Loads buy and love but will not do a review, they will discuss it though.

Or read the reviews here as well http://www.fragrantica.com/

A lot of Duchaufour's perfumes divide opinion, but he has to be the most prolific 'nose' at the moment, so there's plenty of material to argue over! TdB is fascinating and not at all unwearable unless you're a diehard light-floral or clean-cologne kind of perfume wearer. I like the opening of it (fag being rolled in a Turkish Delight factory), but the dry-down sadly turns sour on me which makes it not Full Bottle Worthy.

Latest posts

Back