TSV 26th Jan- Ecoegg

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought the JML one and although it worked really well, after a while the plastic cage kept opening in the machine and the pellets were loose and amongst the washing and then all over the floor. I think the hot water must have loosened the plastic. Needless to say the whole thing went in the bin and I'm back to Persil.

A friend of mine used them & has gone back to Ariel. Not very impressed at all with her whites. Not up to her usual standard of being sparkling white.I shan't be bothering as brought two large packs of Ariel in Sainsburys the other week for half price.

Do these replace detergent? Washing machine engineers recommend using the correct dosage of washing powder to prevent limescale building up and to keep your machine clean.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

We used to use so much Ariel for each load really filling the compartment and a full section of fabric conditioner too.
Don't know what made me re think but now we use less than a 1/4 of what we did and haven't used conditioner for years.
I did try the Wash it Wash Balls found the whites didn't come clean enough though.

Did anyone else catch Craig being told off when all the washing powder boxes fell over?

Priceless!

:clapping:

As I can't use bio detergent or perfumed stuff, I thought wash balls would be the answer but they weren't...no good on whites or stains without major use of the stain stick. Save your money.
Am I the only one who finds the guest Kim Whatsit frightening?

As I can't use bio detergent or perfumed stuff, I thought wash balls would be the answer but they weren't...no good on whites or stains without major use of the stain stick. Save your money.

I reckon she might have been a bloke at one time.

I tried the original Wash Balls and they were pretty useless so I wouldn't waste my money on this TSV.

By the way, did Kim & Aggie fall out as they seem to do separate things these days?

Did anyone else catch Craig being told off when all the washing powder boxes fell over?

Priceless!

:clapping:

I never watch him, but I do hope it is a sacking offence...I never watch Kim whatsherface either...:wink:

I tried some washballs which I got from QVC about 15 years ago when the kids were small and they did not remove any of the usual stains from kids clothes at all. I suppose if it is what I call 'clean washing' then it would have been ok.

Never wasted my money or time since.

I tried the original Wash Balls and they were pretty useless so I wouldn't waste my money on this TSV.

By the way, did Kim & Aggie fall out as they seem to do separate things these days?

According to Kim whilst she was in the jungle they were never close friends, they never socialized away from their TV programs and only met up for filming.

I purchased the Ecoegg in June last year and cannot say that I am entirely thrilled with it. I use it for towels and coloured washes and found the whites to come out 'greyish'. Also not keen on how laundry smells. Always wonder how they say it cleans and foams yet the egg stays in the machine even whilst on a rinse etc, so surely it is still cleaning and not rinsing properly! Another main worry of mine is that surely they cannot kill any bacteria and germs. I am also concerned that these large balls will damage the drum of the machine.

Frightening no. Rude yes. The programme she did with Aggie '' How Clean Is Your House ''. I wonder how many of the contenders landed up threatening to sock her one or giving her a real mouthful. Whilst those places were truly revolting & enough to make you heave she was a bit near the knuckle at times with some of her personal comments.

I love the wash it balls, in fact I still have a half used one that I bought this time last year, still going strong (I had that one for £3 from EBAY NO P&P!). I think you have to be choosy what you use them on. I don't wash my boys white school shirts with them, but I do use it for their other school clothes, underwear and pjs etc-with very good results. I have ordered this TSV (first order from QVC in months-no p&p woo hoo!) because my daughter has been using the eco egg for the last couple of years and swears by it, they have now changed the way the egg opens and closes so no more worries of it coming apart in the wash. I shall use it like I have used the wash it balls, for non-whites and things that are not heavily stained, which means the bio detergent I buy will last a very long time and it definitely does save me money.I love to use the balls on towels and bedding as I don't like the idea of detergent residue on bedclothes, both boys having mild eczema.

I like the idea of the tablets they are supplying to clean the machine, too. I do a hot wash with white vinegar fairly regularly but I am sure these tabs will do a better job.

Last edited:
I've been using various wash balls for many years, wash-it and ecozone and just ordered the TSV. My teenagers throw clothes in the washing basket after wearing for an hour or less so these are perfect for items that don't even seem dirty. They do work for 90% of our day to day washing, there's nothing to stop you adding an oxy-type powder or Ace bleach for white sheets. I'd rather spot-treat collars and cuffs than needlessly pump gallons of detergent and surfactants into the oceans.
To get the longest life out of your balls they usually recommend a short cycle 30-40 mins (also saves energy) and my machine allows me to do a short but hot wash which works best for towels. I can't wash my son's football kits at high temperature so I'll wash these at 40 degrees but a longer wash to pummel the mud out of them.

Years ago my mum did a wash without powder (forgot to add it) and the load was perfectly washed just with warm water; although her clothes probably still held enough powder residue to do the job.

Worth giving the TSV a whirl if you're tempted; you'd only risk the return p&p if you don't get on with them and there's no rule that says you can't keep a packet of Ariel in the cupboard for the really dirty jobs.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back