Tv aerial question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
We have numerous television sets in our house, despite not spending our entire waking hours in front of it..obvs I have the shopping channels on in the background when oh's at work. Anyway our main tv and tv in the bedroom have Tivo boxes so fine, small television in the attic bedroom runs perfectly on a little plug in aerial. If I'm watching upstairs, I very occassionally have to move the aerial around to get good pic, but on the whole it's brilliant. Tv in the kitchen, is a different matter altogether, and we've got a "one for all" aerial attached, it's a rather clumsy looking thing, that we often have to adjust, or even alter the position of the telly to get a better pic, if we open the fridge door the picture distorts. I hate the aerial 'cause it's obtrusive and takes up space on the work surface, so I'd like to know if anyone can recommend one that's a bit neater. I've looked online, and have seen some likely candidates, but they've all reviews that say "Useless", "Didn't work" or "Don't bother" and as they're not cheap to buy I haven't bothered! I experimented using the nice little aerial from upstairs 'cause if that had worked I'd just buy another one of those, but alas it didn't.
Now I feel this is probably an extremely silly question, but is there such a thing as a tv that has one of these aerials built in? I only want a small set for the kitchen 22" screen max. Any answers or recommendations folks?

I checked that out but it seemed you'd be able to stream stuff, but you wouldn't be able to pick up normal tv channels/freeview. I was hoping that there was such a thing as a tv with its own built in aerial. I know when you buy those 10" portable dvd/tv players they come with a teeny tiny plug in aerial. I had one once and you couldn't get a television picture on it anywhere in the house apart from upstairs in the attic..I've since upgraded and have a 14" tv up in the attic and it runs perfectly on a small plug in aerial, but downstairs in the kitchen it needs something with a bit more oomph...most of the "all for one" types you can buy are large and obtrusive like the one I'm currently using. Like I said the ones that take up less space and are more visually pleasing all seem to have terrible reviews...Guess I could buy one and if it's no good return it.

Unless you are in a very strong signal area, small indoor aerials are not much good. The higher they are the better, hence the one in your loft works there, but not downstairs.

In the old days of analogue TV you could often get a picture on a small aerial, but often a very poor, noisy picture.

But with digital TV, it is "all or nothing". You either get a perfect picture, or one that breaks up when you move around (or open the fridge) or else no picture at all.

I've never heard of a TV with a built-in aerial, except for portable TVs that may have a couple of rods sticking up that you have to fiddle with.

Unless you are in a very strong signal area, small indoor aerials are not much good. The higher they are the better, hence the one in your loft works there, but not downstairs.

In the old days of analogue TV you could often get a picture on a small aerial, but often a very poor, noisy picture.

But with digital TV, it is "all or nothing". You either get a perfect picture, or one that breaks up when you move around (or open the fridge) or else no picture at all.

I've never heard of a TV with a built-in aerial, except for portable TVs that may have a couple of rods sticking up that you have to fiddle with.
Thanks for your help..yeah think I'll just have to learn to live with my ugly all for one. I bought it some years ago at a car bootsale for £4 it was pretty much brand new. Bloke who sold it to me said to be honest I bought it and it didn't work for me and I didn't get around to taking it back...but for £4 it may be worth a punt - I agreed and bought it from him...and hey presto, it worked pretty well, still does...it's just as I said a bit ugly and in the way! Think my best plan of action is to give a nicer looking one a go, and if it's no good, send it back for a refund.

Latest posts

Back