Unwashed for twelve weeks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just heard that he's already served seven years for stabbing an ex girlfriend. The pair of them are the scum of the earth and deserve to experience the suffering inflicted on those poor children.

Children are a gift not a right or a throw away possession. I'm glad they will be punished but nothing will bring those children back. Just dreadful and I wish them no peace in this life or the next.

I watched the special Panorama programme about this last night. Had Mairead's father & sisters talking, very sad

I've never seen such a feeble attempt at acting to produce fake tears in all my life during their press interview very soon after the dreadful fire. I've just been reading where he had so many all-singing-all-dancing gadgets yet the children were left hungry. He is an evil monster who needs to be tortured to the point where he begs for mercy which gets completely ignored! He deserves everything that's coming to him inside!

What's hacking me off about this case is that now, Philpott's being held up as a prime example of 'Benefits Britain'.

There are hundreds of thousands of people who live on benefit, but they remain perfectly decent, law abiding folk. Twisting this story and using benefit claimants as political
pawns - in effect, comparing them to Philpott - is outrageous.

Sentencing has been adjourned until tomorrow morning at 10.30 while the Judge is still considering the case!! What is there to consider ffs!!?? This piece of sh*t put his children in dire danger that resulted in their deaths and he was aided by that moronic bitch he's married to, the pair of them deserve 30 years with no parole although I'd ****** hang them. :angry: I can't believe the defence QC in his mitigation speech to try and secure the lowest possible sentence for this monster had the gall to say 'he was a very good father'..... :angry: :angry: :angry:

I agree Sublime. I made reference to it in my earlier post. Children are not a throwaway possession. They're not a possession full stop.

This is a crime against children pure and simple. Had they succeeded with their stupid plan and the children had survived they would happily have sent a woman to prison for a crime she did not commit.

And then you learn about the rest of their lives ... dogging, drugs and a threesome on the snooker table hours before those poor children lost their lives.

They may have gone through with it for the benefits but the system didn't make them who they are.

I doubt anything will happen to either of the Philpotts in prison. Or their henchman. They will be kept apart.

There's another way of looking at it, ppc, in that if the Philpotts appeal against their sentences, they can try to claim that the judge was swayed by adverse media publicity, that the sentence was a knee jerk reaction, etc, etc.
If the judge can show that she's taken time to carefully consider her decision, then they have that bit less ammunition.

Apparently Philpott shouted 'You haven't seen the last of me' or something similar in court today, so I hope the judge is covering all avenues and ensuring that actually, we have seen the last of him.

What's the betting the judge will spout "sentenced to life imprisonment but must serve a minimum of ? years"! Just what the hell is all that about, it makes my blood boil? :mad: Life imprisonment should mean exactly that and they should never be granted another day's freedom as long as they live! As for all the mod cons inmates are privileged to.....these pair should be confined to quarters and chucked bread and water once a day or maybe once a week if they're lucky!!

My partner was on the jury recently when the judge told the "very bad man" ahead of the sentencing that he would die in prison for the crimes he had committed. And when sentencing went ahead he was sentenced to 17 years. Given that the man is in his 60s and in poor health that's probably what will happen.

In this case 17 years probably does mean life.

I still feel very angry TB every time I hear that "life imprisonment" won't actually mean that so why even bother saying the words, it's all so pointless! The judge may as well just say "17/18/19 etc years" and the criminals should not experience a day's freedom in that period. As for these two, they should rot in hell.

OMG.....the court has heard that they were "good" parents!!! Can't believe I've misunderstood the meaning of the word all these years!

I do understand how you feel BusyLizzie. I'm not an expert by any means but as I understand a true life sentence in the UK is very rare. The term they're given 17 years or whatever means that they cannot be released before that time. So unlike someone sentenced to 12 months who could easily be out in 6.

The guy my partner served on the jury for was a paedophile. And the judge took the time to explain why he had given the sentence.

I think the judge can issue a life sentence for manslaughter. I think that's what they've been convicted of.

Latest posts

Back