Vax TSV 18/04/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Might be interested in this? Say ‘might’. A few weeks ago I ordered the full carpet washing machine from JL, great arrived it the usual blink of an eye.I had a problem fitting the handle so decided to return.That is when the fun or frustration started.After many telephone calls to Customer Services in various parts of the world I finally got through to someone who got things going.Sorry this was not QVC but my much loved department store, shall I take another chance?

I might be interested in this as well. I’ll wait for more details …. and the price. It’s currently £169.99 on the Vax website.

I've got a slim vax carpet washer which is really good and cost £99. It doesn't have attachments though for stairs etc so I might look at this. Would be ideal for the cottage as guests love walking through the whole house with muddy boots on - then there's the guest dogs . . . .

CC

Attachments

• Vax TSV 1.jpg
    Vax TSV 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 43
  • Vax TSV 2.jpg
    Vax TSV 2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Vax TSV 3.jpg
    Vax TSV 3.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Vax TSV 4.jpg
    Vax TSV 4.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 44
  • Vax TSV 5.jpg
    Vax TSV 5.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 48
Vax Spotwash Home Duo with Additional Solution
Item Number: 736304
QVC Price £170.00
Todays Special Value Price £119.97
P&P £0.00

Meet the Spotwash Home Duo, your must-have home cleaning companion from Vax. This compact, versatile cleaning hero will help you tackle spills, remove stains or deal with pet messes at a moment's notice, with a host of cleaning attachment tools included, each coated with an antimicrobial treatment to protect against the growth of bacteria and fungi. You'll also receive a solutions bundle with a selection of formulas to help you tackle all your cleaning tasks.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Vax Spotwash Home Duo alone directly from Vax you’d pay £169.99. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £119.97 with no P&P to pay, you’re saving £50.02, plus it includes the spot washing solutions bundle.

Multi-surface cleaning - whether a sticky drink has been spilt on the carpet or your pup has left muddy pawprints on the kitchen tiles, the SpotWash Home Duo can tackle messes of all magnitude across hard and soft surfaces in your home or car.

Avoid any cross-contamination – got pets in the house? Tackle unhygienic accidents in a jiffy and keep those clean-ups separate from your everyday cleaning tasks with the dedicated Messy Clean Up Tool.

Easy to use - standing at 30cm (11.8"), the SpotWash Home Duo is small, compact and easy to store away in cupboards, even if there's limited space. When it comes to filling and emptying your home cleaner, there are markers on the solution tank, with a removable lid on the dirty water tank that makes it easier to clean.

Tools for the job - whether you're cleaning an awkward space with the crevice tool or taking on a spill with the extra wide 2-in-1 wash tool, you'll have all the attachments you need to keep your home sparkling. They're all coated with an antimicrobial treatment, which helps to protect against the growth of bacteria and fungi.

Extra solutions included - this great-value set comes with three additional cleaning solutions; Pet Stain & Odour Remover, CarpetGuard Protector, and Spot Washer Antibacterial Cotton & Peony Solution.

• Works on glass, kitchen tiles and carpets
  • Spot washer measures (h x w x l): 34.2cm x 36.4cm x 30.6cm (13.5" x 14.3" x 12")
  • Cable length: 5.5m (18')
  • Spot washer weight: 6.8kg

What's in the box?

• 1 x Vax SpotWash Home Duo Spot Washer
  • 1 x extra wide 2-in-1 wash tool - with hard floor scrub attachment and carpet cleaning attachment
  • 1 x messy clean up tool
  • 1 x crevice tool
  • 1 x Spot Washer Antibacterial Solution (250ml)
  • 1 x Spot Washer Antibacterial Cotton and Peony Solution (1.5l)
  • 1 x Pet Stain and Odour Remover (500ml)
  • 1 x CarpetGuard Protector (500ml)

All measurements are approximate

Really tempted by this for the stairs/car/spills. I've had a lot of vax products and they are good. Will watch the demo. The only thing is the price. My upright vax was only £99 so I feel this hand held should cost less, however, with the MBG, if I think it's not worth it then it could go back.

CC

I went for it after checking prices online. I used to have an upright Vax and lent it to the ex. After having it for a while he managed to bork it up and it started leaking everywhere and so I took it to the local tip.

This one appealed to me for two reasons - the price, plus all the extras, and the fact it will be easier to store than the other one.

Good to see Peter Kay adding a new character to his range - The Comedy Ladder Man. Another product where it looks like the reviews get reset on a regular basis..

It was delivered this afternoon, so just over 36 hours after ordering it. 👍 It’s unpacked and it was very securely packed in different sized boxes, so that will mean a trip to the tip as they would fill up my recycling bin 😳) I’ve already registered it with Vax to secure the two year guarantee. 👍

All I’ve got do now is try it out, although I don’t intend to throw stuff all over the floor like Amy did in the demonstrations. 😂

I missed it. Let us know how you get on though Toril as we often get discount emails from Vax so if it's good I might still go for it.

CC

I’ll be trying it out in the next couple of days, as I’m fairly busy at the moment, but of course I’ll let you know how I get on with it. 🙂

I have’t got any pets now 😕 but I have cream carpets in the lounge and in the dining room. I bought the Vax to clean areas where I walk because, in certain lights, you can see the route that I make from one room to the other. Although I wear slippers indoors, over the seven years the carpet has got the “track” marks that are visible (to me anyway,) If it brings those bits of carpet back up to the rest of it then I’ll be well chuffed. I’ve yet to spill anything on it, but you never know. 😉

I used to have an upright Vax and used that to clean the original cream carpet when I moved here. The original owners had a boxer dog and I could detect the “doggy smell.” It got rid of that and I was amazed at the brown liquid that ended up in the machine. I’m expecting similar when I use the new one although I have since replaced the carpet that I “inherited.” 😳

I deliberated and gave in and ordered it, on advanced order for 8th May. I'm quite appalled to get notification that it has been dispatched today. How many times do the presenters say, well it's on advanced order for such and such so you have another payday before it comes out. Now I don't have a problem paying for it today, but I might well have had and thought that it was fine because I would have the money by the beginning of May. Surely many people do order in advance for just this reason and could be in trouble if it is charged early. I appreciate many would be glad to get their order early, but it really makes a mockery of them saying what they do. I shall be placing a complaint to them but I don't suppose it will make any difference.

I’ve just used it for the first time. I’ve only done the tracking in the dining room. The lounge will be done tomorrow.

Once I’d read the manual and worked out how to get the tanks off 🙄, I was off and running. Judging by the colour of the water 😳 it’s done a good job and the area of tracking that I did certainly looks a lot better! Despite always wearing slippers indoors, the amount of brown water was somewhat horrific.

However, I did find it quite tiring on the wrist when dragging the tool to suck the water out of the carpet but that’s probably because I was sitting on the floor, rather than standing up removing stains off carpet tiles at waist level like in the demonstrations. It will certainly be less tiring dealing with those “little” spills, rather than an area the size of the one I did.

As well as having proof, from the colour of the water, that it was getting rid of the trodden in dust and dirt etc and doing what it says “on the tin,” it hasn’t left the carpet feeling wet. It’s slightly damp but will dry quickly. I’ve also sprayed the area with the carpet protector because, with cream carpets, I don’t want to be cleaning them every five minutes and the instructions advise spraying it while the carpet was still damp.

You probably already guessed ……. it’s a keeper!

I’ve just used it for the first time. I’ve only done the tracking in the dining room. The lounge will be done tomorrow.

Once I’d read the manual and worked out how to get the tanks off 🙄, I was off and running. Judging by the colour of the water 😳 it’s done a good job and the area of tracking that I did certainly looks a lot better! Despite always wearing slippers indoors, the amount of brown water was somewhat horrific.

However, I did find it quite tiring on the wrist when dragging the tool to suck the water out of the carpet but that’s probably because I was sitting on the floor, rather than standing up removing stains off carpet tiles at waist level like in the demonstrations. It will certainly be less tiring dealing with those “little” spills, rather than an area the size of the one I did.

As well as having proof, from the colour of the water, that it was getting rid of the trodden in dust and dirt etc and doing what it says “on the tin,” it hasn’t left the carpet feeling wet. It’s slightly damp but will dry quickly. I’ve also sprayed the area with the carpet protector because, with cream carpets, I don’t want to be cleaning them every five minutes and the instructions advise spraying it while the carpet was still damp.

You probably already guessed ……. it’s a keeper!
That is useful to know as I don’t want to tackle a whole carpet.I have a rug I want to clean and just well trodden areas.I did order the large one from JL (won’t go into that again!) but apart from a problem I had with assembly it was just too big, heavy and bulky. I might keep this in mind although I have plenty of other costs to meet @the moment.

That is useful to know as I don’t want to tackle a whole carpet.I have a rug I want to clean and just well trodden areas.I did order the large one from JL (won’t go into that again!) but apart from a problem I had with assembly it was just too big, heavy and bulky. I might keep this in mind although I have plenty of other costs to meet @the moment.

The Vax is quite light, even when full of water. I’ll be keeping it in a cupboard upstairs and carrying it up the stairs will be a breeze, which is more than can be said for other things like a hoover.

I’m tackling the rest of the tracking later. Although it gave my wrist and arm a bit of a workout, it was quite therapeutic watching the dirty water getting sucked up. 😉

Latest posts

Back