What are your all time best purchases from Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Old school here
Q Shopping since 1993..
Hit a peak in 1997, (mostly gold jewellery) then dwindled until die off in 2005 (just watch now & again)
In that time my best purchase has been Diamonique items, in particular a baguette & round tennis bracelet, and 14ct gold Diamonique rings. (the original diamonique) Believe me, Diamonique of today is absolutely rubbish compared to the 1990s stock.

Also some beautiful Imperial gold, and 22ct Gold Indian jewellery designs

I dread to think how much QVC would charge for these items now.

Watching the jewel shows in those days was a delight, with TRUE bargains

Mine are:-
Laura Geller Balance and Brighten - finally could stop looking for the perfect foundation!
Nails Inc and Leighton sets - colours and quality
Mally for the pigments in her products
Decleor skincare
Elemis bodycare
Kipling Defea, Jacqueline and Adomma bags (also tignanello)
NN Feather bed

Worst purchase for me personally was anything bare minerals - I bought a gorgeous set and it made my skin sore and burn, my eyes ran - weird because its meant to be natural, but because of the reaction I had I do not believe it.

AND based on your posts, I want to try easyo and yong kim.

Thanks for all your replies...I can't "like" on my phone App and I never log on to the laptop.

I see NN featherbeds feature very highly.

In my OP I had my Yong Kim tunic- in 2 colours and I just wear it and wear it. I have a few kim and co dresses too but as I only wear them now and then they didn't make it to my list.

I didn't do my "worst" but Tova perfumes are definitely one plus an Indigo Moon jacket and quite a few of the kipling bags that were Q exclusives (though I am a kipling fan). Also a compact mirror with light (a salmon pink colour) with wonky stones in the lid. Such poor quality I avoid those "gift" ideas these days as They always look good on air and cheap and tacky in the flesh.

Cooks Essentials pans - still going strong after years of use
Nail Envy
Kipling
Cozee Home
Northern Nights
Liz Earle
Have also just discovered Doll10 conditioner and have ordered the foundation.
OPI

I agree about the jewellery. I had a few pieces when they were doing the 14 carat gold and still have them. There was a range on briefly from the lady that designed for The Hobbit film. I forget her name but I still have a lovely pair of earrings and pendant from her.

Ooh, I forgot my Cooks Essentials non-stick pans (where are they now? there used to be loads) and my Kipling bags, though I don't like the ones where the zip isn't sewn in right to the ends which QVC often seem to do with their own Kipling bags - a false economy in my view. My everyday Kipling bag is from ebay. I have one Kim and Co top that I bought on clearance that's been worn and worn for years now and it's still as good as new. OH has bought various things like hedgetrimmers, other tools, Clickfree and our computer that he swears by, so I wonder what the guys would make of this thread?

Best purchases are cooks essential buffet pan used almost daily, gold opal half hoop earrings which look really expensive and I've worn them loads, centigrade leather trench coat jacket, and quite recently a slanket. Can't think of a worst purchase though there will be plenty items either returned, in cupboards unused or binned because I didn't need or suit them. I remember being really disappointed after trying SBC as the smell of alcohol/paint stripper was overpowering.

I forgot about memory foam mattress topper, properly as I have now a memory foam mattress.

Cooks Essentials pans - still going strong after years of use
Nail Envy
Kipling
Cozee Home
Northern Nights
Liz Earle
Have also just discovered Doll10 conditioner and have ordered the foundation.
OPI

I agree about the jewellery. I had a few pieces when they were doing the 14 carat gold and still have them. There was a range on briefly from the lady that designed for The Hobbit film. I forget her name but I still have a lovely pair of earrings and pendant from her.

Was it Kimberley Selwood?

Just remembered. It was Jasmine Watson and Lord of the Rings, not The Hobbit. Also just noticed I put Doll10 conditioner. I meant Doll10 concealer.

Alpha H; GTECH Air Ram; a bibi bracelet tsv.......anything prior, betwixt & after, pale into insignificance (I must admit my very plain looking watch from Veronese is very nice)

Best purchases are cooks essential buffet pan used almost daily, gold opal half hoop earrings which look really expensive and I've worn them loads, centigrade leather trench coat jacket, and quite recently a slanket. Can't think of a worst purchase though there will be plenty items either returned, in cupboards unused or binned because I didn't need or suit them. I remember being really disappointed after trying SBC as the smell of alcohol/paint stripper was overpowering.

Its come back to me now - worst purchase: birkenstocks. Fell for the hype, but as far as I'm concerned a shoe that you have to break in is rubbish. Shoes should be comfortable from the start. These things looked and felt like I had planks of wood strapped to my feet.

I'm amazed that no-one has mentioned the original Molton Brown Christmas TSV's given how often they get mentioned normally...

Kipling, especially the Fairfax
Honora Pearls especially a couple of more unusual design necklaces which I totally love
Some of my craft purchases back in the day
Some of my original gold diamonique items from the early days
Love a couple of The Sak crochet bags that I bought

Worst -

One of my first buys - the no-wet wonder foam what a disappointment...
Obviously didn't learn as I then went on to buy a little steam cleaner, which cleaned nothing and just produced loads of scary steam that almost scalded me...
Fashion - I've only bought a couple of items over the years and they have all gone back... the worst was some control underware, struggled to get them on and then my after measurements were bigger than before! lol

Its come back to me now - worst purchase: birkenstocks. Fell for the hype, but as far as I'm concerned a shoe that you have to break in is rubbish. Shoes should be comfortable from the start. These things looked and felt like I had planks of wood strapped to my feet.
s

had to break my feet into the birkenstocks (between toe as thong) but now I have done it I can walk miles in them. Not an attractive sandal but no walking sandals are. I have Mary Jane style shoes by merrell and they aren't that attractive either.
I do recommend the brkies. If you still have them, then wear them 2 mins a day round the house, then longer. Then a trip to the postbox etc.

Forgot about the 'No Wet Wonder Foam' - rubbish. What I was impressed with and still use are the 'It Works' foam pad cleaner blocks. Brilliant!

Alpha H range
G tech sweeper
Lori Grenier spinning cosmetics organiser
Kipling bag
Easiyo (although I just got the idea from Q and bought it more cheaply elsewhere :mysmilie_17: )

Mine are :

A 4ft moulded plastic indoor/outdoor illuminated Santa (still going strong after 10+ years!) Grandchildren love it when he is on show.
Rolykit Jewellery box - used daily.
Katy velvet Kipling TSV (was very popular on here at the time)
Bethlehem Poinsettia basket arrangement (the biggest version)
Easiyo (1st lot curdled - but after help on here have perfected it and highly recommend)
Giles & Posner slo-cooker - delicious tender meat (will be using it for Mulled wine soon)
COZEE Bedding

Worst - I'm in the minority I know - NN feather bed topper - hated it, kept being stabbed by sharp bits of the feathers, they would constantly travel to the bottom and the d@mn thing had to be shaken up every day to redistribute - should have been returned but never was.

Latest posts

Back